~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

56 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is literally the retort you use when some racist honkey says "all lives matter"

Yeah, I had EVERY skeptical thought about Pelosi.

But so far? Bitch is woke and smart.

Good for her. That was the exactly the answer to give. She knows this industry. I was right about the 2018 midterms and I was right about AOC. Pelosi is slowly, SLOWLY, making me believe. Loved her answer about indictment and impeachment regarding Trump as well. She's savvy. 

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is who Pelosi has ALWAYS been... not sure why folks are so surprised now. She's always been sharp and an effective politician.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that 8 years ago most of us probably weren't as engaged, I had never voted yet for example, so most of us probably see her as helpless and hurting the party, not understanding that she was out of power and couldn't do anything. 

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

The funny thing is I remember when Dems won in 06 and people were worried her as a leader would hurt Dems because the party would look too liberal. Now it's AOC and she's not a leader.

AOC is the leader/face of the progressive wing of the party (something like 90 members of the house are formally in the progressive caucus) be it in an official capacity or not. 

5 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that 8 years ago most of us probably weren't as engaged, I had never voted yet for example, so most of us probably see her as helpless and hurting the party, not understanding that she was out of power and couldn't do anything. 

That's why it pays to study history... you know, "those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it" and all that.

This is another thing that isn't worth a thread, imo, but makes sense to go to the 2018 thread just because that's when she won.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez says Democrats "have compromised too much"

I think we've compromised things that we shouldn't have compromised, whether it's judgeships with Mitch McConnell, whether it's compromising on climate change. I think we've — there are some things that we've compromised a little bit too much on. But am I open to compromise on certain ways to get things done? Absolutely. Absolutely.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

so thirsty

The amount of free press the alt-right is giving Cortez and the issues and policies she platforms on, which until this point has been very difficult to get into the mainstream?

CHECKMATE CONSERVATIVE CUCKS, THANKS FOR THE FREE PRESS

:feelsgood:

I hope they keep her in the news cycle forever. 

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

The amount of free press the alt-right is giving Cortez and the issues and policies she platforms on, which until this point has been very difficult to get into the mainstream?

CHECKMATE CONSERVATIVE CUCKS, THANKS FOR THE FREE PRESS

:feelsgood:

I hope they keep her in the news cycle forever. 

DgvfMreXcAAIvkn.jpg

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

That is one horseshit perspective Washington Post. 

Maybe go after all of Trump's bad language in an article then at least??

There is also a definite underyling "women shouldn't curse" vibe to this nothingburger.

Apparently they shouldn't innocently dance whilst in college either. 

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

That is one horseshit perspective Washington Post. 

Maybe go after all of Trump's bad language in an article then at least??

There is also a definite underyling "woman shouldn't curse" vibe to this nothingburger.