~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

They should start looking at grooming someone to take over within the next 4 years.  

I still don't like the idea of her being Speaker again but I think she's already said she wants to groom someone to take over by January 2020, right?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I still don't like the idea of her being Speaker again but I think she's already said she wants to groom someone to take over by January 2020, right?

I get the idea of fresh blood and it wasn’t long ago that I thought they should pick someone else, but she managed to push through cap and trade and the ACA back in 2009. Progressives could probably count on her to get behind some of their more recent efforts and she would be the best shot they have for pushing things through. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

That's what I heard, but if someone can provide a link to it, that'd be great. That's really what I want to see. I know Pelosi twisted a lot of arms to get things done, but I do think more young Democrats want to change things and lead and haven't been able to with the same leadership in place.