~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

Human error forces Manatee elections officials to start over with recount in Florida

“We ran about 43,000 ballots before we caught the error,” Manatee County Supervisor of Elections Mike Bennett said.

Bennett said someone missed a button, that it was a “simple mistake.” He added that it was his fault the button got missed during programming.

The machines were certified back to zero as of 2:22 p.m. and recounts were set to begin again shortly after. Bennett said they will do at least one manual recount as well after the machine count is completed.

9 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Even keeping it to losing two seats is pretty amazing considering the map, but if Nelson pulls it out in Florida then the Republicans will have only netted a single seat, which is pretty god damn crazy to think about. 

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

:sun:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Even keeping it to losing two seats is pretty amazing considering the map, but if Nelson pulls it out in Florida then the Republicans will have only netted a single seat, which is pretty god damn crazy to think about. 

I won't tag him, but a certain someone was trolling last year saying, "Get the lube ready for how bad it's gonna be for Dems in the Senate." If this was the terrifying outcome, then rofflecopters.

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

:sun:

I won't tag him, but a certain someone was trolling last year saying, "Get the lube ready for how bad it's gonna be for Dems in the Senate." If this was the terrifying outcome, then rofflecopters.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Fake news. I was merely trying to prevent you from getting a blister after your furious night of masturbation.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

9 hours ago, Firewithin said:

I guess one positive thing from all this shitty social media stuff is it's easy to shame all these assholes 

The other racist morons are deactivating their pages, including their work pages.

It's wonderful to see.

So I hadn't realized what a complete piece of shit this Mississippi Republican Senate candidate is:

Given the way the vote split in the three-way race I know to not really bother holding my breath here, but is there any realistic chance that this turns into another case of running the absolute worst candidate possible manages to suppress Republican turnout and/or drive Democratic turnout? @SaysWho?

1 minute ago, Jason said:

So I hadn't realized what a complete piece of shit this Mississippi Republican Senate candidate is:

Given the way the vote split in the three-way race I know to not really bother holding my breath here, but is there any realistic chance that this turns into another case of running the absolute worst candidate possible manages to suppress Republican turnout and/or drive Democratic turnout? @SaysWho?

I haven't compared the final vote total to the polling average from 538 and seen 1v1 polls, so I don't have enough to help you here yet. :(