~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Fix ur bords

I'm a simple man, I copy a link to a tweet and paste it in D1P. Nothing more, nothing less

Literally all you have to do is wait a few seconds for it to auto-embed and then hit post. You don't even have to wait for it to fully render, once it switches from a link to a white embed box you're good to go.

• Thanks 1

Well this is one way to start the run-off election campaigning against a black man....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/11/senator-mississippi-joked-about-public-hanging-her-black-opponent-called-it-reprehensible/?utm_term=.f9df87f43915

“If he invited me to a public hanging, I’d be on the front row,” Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss) is heard saying in a video posted to Twitter on Sunday morning.

16 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I actually don't think Pelosi is wrong, and that she is talking about things like infrastructure, I don't see the point in going tea party derp and voting to impeach Trump 100 times or something. 

You know, it's funny how people (on the right) claimed Obama was a crook and loved terrorists blah blah blah, and yet the crazy Tea Partiers, despite having the House, NEVER attempted to file articles of impeachment ONCE. 

Conservative Texas appellate court flips blue overnight after 19 years without a Democrat on the bench

Dallas attorney Tom Melsheimer, who regularly practices before the 5th District Court, said the remaking of the bench was the part of Texas' "blue wave" that attracted the least attention but yielded the most eye-popping transformation.

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

You know, it's funny how people (on the right) claimed Obama was a crook and loved terrorists blah blah blah, and yet the crazy Tea Partiers, despite having the House, NEVER attempted to file articles of impeachment ONCE. 

Well they passed like 50 Obamacare repeals, if they move to impeach without hard evidence of Trump committing serious crimes it'd be a clusterfuck just like that, so work with the GOP on things they both want to get done, while keeping Trump's corruptions in the news cycle endlessly with investigations.

57 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I actually don't think Pelosi is wrong, and that she is talking about things like infrastructure, I don't see the point in going tea party derp and voting to impeach Trump 100 times or something. 

Those aren’t the only options 

she he also thinks paygo is a good idea

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

It's the right and politically smart thing to do to motion towards bipartisanship. We can judge what they do when they get there, but saying you're willing to work with Trump is basically a formality. It's the "we do not comment on rumors" of politics.

It might seem old fashioned or naive to people now(and I think there is a degree of bullshit in it), but yet again Trump shows us why this "cut the bullshit, let's get real" type of politics is not necessarily better.

Remember that comment Trump made about how he wants to work with Democrats, but if they investigate him he won't. Is that the kind of stance we want from Pelosi? Because when you break it down, what Trump is saying is that if Democrats perform their Constitutional function of performing oversight on him he will deliberately retaliate by punishing the American people by refusing to work on bipartisan bills that would be good for the country.

It's almost certainly not going to happen, it's fair to be realistic and a bit cynical about that, but I don't want Pelosi to state, or even sit down at the bargaining table, with that exact same mindset only with the sides reversed. 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Conservative Texas appellate court flips blue overnight after 19 years without a Democrat on the bench

Dallas attorney Tom Melsheimer, who regularly practices before the 5th District Court, said the remaking of the bench was the part of Texas' "blue wave" that attracted the least attention but yielded the most eye-popping transformation.

#ThanksBeto

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'd be more inclined to go with this interpretation if Chuck weren't actively helping Turtle pack the courts.

12 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It's the right and politically smart thing to do to motion towards bipartisanship. We can judge what they do when they get there, but saying you're willing to work with Trump is basically a formality. It's the "we do not comment on rumors" of politics.

It might seem old fashioned or naive to people now(and I think there is a degree of bullshit in it), but yet again Trump shows us why this "cut the bullshit, let's get real" type of politics is not necessarily better.

Remember that comment Trump made about how he wants to work with Democrats, but if they investigate him he won't. Is that the kind of stance we want from Pelosi? Because when you break it down, what Trump is saying is that if Democrats perform their Constitutional function of performing oversight on him he will deliberately retaliate by punishing the American people by refusing to work on bipartisan bills that would be good for the country.

It's almost certainly not going to happen, it's fair to be realistic and a bit cynical about that, but I don't want Pelosi to state, or even sit down at the bargaining table, with that exact same mindset only with the sides reversed. 

I don't think anyone's bitching that Pelosi's going through the motions but rather are worried that she's going to chase that unicorn even once it should be painfully obvious that the GOP isn't interested in playing ball.

Again, as I said just above, look at Chuck helping Turtle pack the courts for an example of what people are worrying this is going to turn into.

29 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I hope we get the Sinema from 15 years ago

With a Senate with the Democrats in the minority I'd probably prefer Sinema from 15 years ago than Sinema now, but having more Democrats in the Senate now makes it easier for the Democrats to retake it in 2020 and at that point I'd take Zell Miller back as long as it gave the Democrats the Senate majority.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

I'm proud to say I voted for every one of those democratic judges. 

36 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

He'd be a decent VP candidate. The Democratic party wouldn't go for him at the top of the ticket. Basically he's a blue collar working class Democrat (good) that is good for his area of WV, but because of that, doesn't really support efforts to curb GHG emissions, probably the most important issue that isn't being talked about that much, and is a huge priority for Democrats, especially more liberal, younger Dems