~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

In the genesis story God created Adam and then created Eve from one of Adam's ribs

Shows how much I know about religion lol

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Look like Senator Sailor Moon's schtick is wearing thin:

That little stunt she did fills me with a rage that makes me want her gone regardless if it is wise or not. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Manchin at least makes sense to be (mostly) performatively intransigent

Her favorables are at 40/44 with Republicans now so I'm sure this will only further feed her mavericky stupidity.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:32 PM, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

this man is absolutely brain dead

He’s probably the smartest senator in terms of he knows his current position and is wielding it, however needlessly. Is he an absolute attention whoring jackass, though? Yes.

43 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

He’s probably the smartest senator in terms of he knows his current position and is wielding it, however needlessly. Is he an absolute attention whoring jackass, though? Yes.

Anyone who cares about the national debt is a bona fide moron

• Upvote 1

He's coming into the Senate basically already having to start his reelection campaign, I'm glad he's making a splash. There could be a red push back on georgia next year.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

He's coming into the Senate basically already having to start his reelection campaign, I'm glad he's making a splash. There could be a red push back on georgia next year.

Especially cause of stuff like this:

• Guillotine 1
  • 4 weeks later...

If I had to choose between having the train hit Trump or Sinema, I'd have a very hard time making up my mind. 

1 minute ago, thewhyteboar said:

There's a whole subset of people who think that the definition of "personality" is "owning lots of colorful hats."

And skull-butterfly earrings.

8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

The male equivalent wears a Greek fisherman hat, suspenders, and tells everyone he's Irish cause his great-uncle was born there.

There's not a single american who wears that hat and is worth spending any time with. They're two steps away from "m'lady" 

Then there are Pelosi’s frank comments about colleagues, unusual even for a powerful veteran already well-known for her candor. Pressed by Page on how she felt about the “Squad” of four newly elected progressives, including New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, in a 2019 interview, Pelosi appeared to swipe at their social media savvy.

“Some people come here, as [former House Appropriations Chair] Dave Obey would have said, to pose for holy pictures,” Pelosi said. Then, she raised her pitch to mimic a child, “See how perfect I am and how pure?”

“OK, there’s the group that’s going to go pose for holy pictures,” continued Pelosi. “Now let’s legislate over here.”

The interview came amid a furor over comments from Pelosi minimizing the squad’s power in Washington, reminding journalists that each member only has a single vote where it actually counts, and a subsequent Twitter attack on moderate members by Ocasio-Cortez’s then-chief of staff. Publicly, she and Ocasio-Cortez were downplaying the exchange.

“They’ll understand when they have something they want to pass,” Pelosi told Page. “If you have something that you want to pass, you’re better off not having your chief of staff send out a tweet in the manner in which that was sent out. Totally inappropriate.”

• 4 weeks later...