~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

This whole thing is so fucking stupid. Any republican who pretends to be insulted by this should have a seven angry hornets released into their dick holes with some sort of special hornet dick hole insertion device. Fuck them all.

This is just more "NO, YOU'RE THE PUPPET!" shameless schoolyard anti-intellectual horseshit. They need to be pushed back hard on this shit.

If you support donald trump and you'e insulted by these comments you should lobotomize yourself. Exit the conversation forever. Your opinion means nothing and you opinions hold zero value.

2 hours ago, ort said:

This whole thing is so fucking stupid. Any republican who pretends to be insulted by this should have a seven angry hornets released into their dick holes with some sort of special hornet dick hole insertion device. Fuck them all.

This is just more "NO, YOU'RE THE PUPPET!" shameless schoolyard anti-intellectual horseshit. They need to be pushed back hard on this shit.

If you support donald trump and you'e insulted by these comments you should lobotomize yourself. Exit the conversation forever. Your opinion means nothing and you opinions hold zero value.

Nancy Pelosi isn’t a Trump supporter.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I feel like you missed the point of his post.

Not at all, he and others are constantly shifting what has happened to avoid the reality that Omar keeps saying anti-Semitic things.

Just as a bunch of people keep talking about “well, you can’t criticize Israel without being called an anti-Semite”...in response to Omar not saying a single thing about Israel, just things about American Jews.

Yeah, I haven't been paying that much attention to this kerfuffle, but this official congressional rebuke of hate speech is just so fucking dumb.

If Omar was a white man no one would be talking about his comments.

Unless she's said more anti-Semitic stuff I haven't heard, all of her comments that have outraged everyone are things I agree with and I'm a ding-dang jew.

6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Not at all, he and others are constantly shifting what has happened to avoid the reality that Omar keeps saying anti-Semitic things.

Just as a bunch of people keep talking about “well, you can’t criticize Israel without being called an anti-Semite”...in response to Omar not saying a single thing about Israel, just things about American Jews.

Weird, I read his post as mocking the blatant hypocrisy of Trump supporters claiming they're offended by Omar's statements while they ignore all the anti-semitic and racist dog whistling from their hero.

There's plenty that can be said of Pelosi and some Democrats in this mess, but Ort seemed to be specifically talking about Republican stupidity. 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Weird, I read his post as mocking the blatant hypocrisy of Trump supporters claiming they're offended by Omar's statements while they ignore all the anti-semitic and racist dog whistling from their hero.

There's plenty that can be said of Pelosi and some Democrats in this mess, but Ort seemed to be specifically talking about Republican stupidity. 

Yes, I’m saying it is just deflection. The GOP isn’t what has made this a big issue, it’s the Dems themselves.

Just now, sblfilms said:

Yes, I’m saying it is just deflection. The GOP isn’t what has made this a big issue, it’s the Dems themselves.

It's the Dems reacting to the GOP. Instead of just moving on, they are doubling down on the dumb.

They need to stop playing this game. Nothing will please the GOP base. They don't even care. I've just been reading all the Fox news articles about this and the one thing they all barely touch on is what she actually said. That's because what she said is so flipping minor. It's a total non-story.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's goysplaining so hard. 

Why is it so difficult for you to actually engage in discussion?

16 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I never saw anything she said about American Jews. AIPAC is not a stand in for American Jewish people. 

I didn’t say that, though I can understand your interpretation being that. I didn’t mean she is addressing all American Jews, just that her comments aren’t about Israeli policies but actually about the actions of a group of American Jews. The notion that “you can’t criticize Israel without being called an anti-Semite” is false to begin with but doesn’t make sense in a context in which Israel isn’t being critisized.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

just that her comments aren’t about Israeli policies but actually about the actions of a group of American Jews

There's clearly nothing anyone can say to change your mind on this so what exactly do you want to me to say? This is a shitty opinion and I dare say you'd be sniping at me if I were telling black people how to feel about something. 

• Haha 1

Right, Israel isn't being criticized and neither are Jewish people. Your bit about her anti-Semitism being unquestionable because of Nancy Pelosi also rings hollow because where the Republicans have Sheldon Adelson the dems have Haim Saban. Meaningless gesticulations toward the favorability of Israel are to be expected. I, however, can think for myself -- and Nancy Pelosi, as much as I like her, is playing the politics of this one wrong. It's important for the left to call out anti-Semitism because it manifests on this side of the spectrum for sure but this isn't it.

It's true that Rep. Omar doesn't yet realize how the casual nature of her words and her position as a legislator amplifies what she's saying and how that's precarious with the sensitive nature of what she's talking about but I'm not going to let that corner me into pretending she said something legitimately anti-Semitic when she in fact did not.  I didn't check my brain at the door.

She absolutely needs to take care not to embolden anti-Semites, but I think we can all agree that she doesn't need to say unequivocally anti-Semitic things to do that.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

There's clearly nothing anyone can say to change your mind on this so what exactly do you want to me to say? This is a shitty opinion and I dare say you'd be sniping at me if I were telling black people how to feel about something. 

I haven’t told you how to feel about anything. 

Do do you know when somebody has said something that is racist despite not belonging to the affected group? Of course.

is it your place to tell somebody from that group how to feel about? Certainly not. My black granny will lose her cool if she hears anybody say the n-word, while my black cousins don’t even care if their white friends say. Which one is right?

What is very clear to anybody willing to listen is that many American Jews find this language offensive and hurtful, I take them at their word.

3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Right, Israel isn't being criticized and neither are Jewish people. Your bit about her anti-Semitism being unquestionable because of Nancy Pelosi also rings hollow because where the Republicans have Sheldon Adelson the dems have Haim Saban. Meaningless gesticulations toward the favorability of Israel are to be expected. I, however, can think for myself -- and Nancy Pelosi, as much as I like her, is playing the politics of this one wrong. It's important for the left to call out anti-Semitism because it manifests on this side of the spectrum for sure but this isn't it.

It's true that Rep. Omar doesn't yet realize how the casual nature of her words and her position as a legislator amplifies what she's saying and how that's precarious with the sensitive nature of what she's talking about but I'm not going to let that corner me into pretending she said something legitimately anti-Semitic when she in fact did not.  I didn't check my brain at the door.

She absolutely needs to take care not to embolden anti-Semites, but I think we can all agree that she doesn't need to say unequivocally anti-Semitic things to do that.

I think it's telling that this isn't really a good-faith objection to her phrasing that it sure doesn't seem like anyone's offering up any ideas on how she could have said what she wanted to say in a way that wouldn't have immediately gotten her dogpiled with antisemitism accusations.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

What is very clear to anybody willing to listen is that many American Jews find this language offensive and hurtful, I take them at their word.

Except I'm not seeing that from American Jewish people. The people throwing up the biggest stink are fucking white ass Christian Zionists like Megan "I'm fucking rich as hell" McCain. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Anathema- said:

Except I'm not seeing that from American Jewish people. The people throwing up the biggest stink are fucking white ass Christian Zionists like Megan "I'm fucking rich as hell" McCain. 

Basically every congressional Jew has. A significant number of Jewish journalists an opinion writers have. Organizations like the ADL. This is not just the McCains of the world.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think it's telling that this isn't really a good-faith objection to her phrasing that it sure doesn't seem like anyone's offering up any ideas on how she could have said what she wanted to say in a way that wouldn't have immediately gotten her dogpiled with antisemitism accusations.

True. If it was the way she said it then how are you supposed to? If it wasn't then why does the needle have to be threaded to explain it? It's like my favorite panel of DM OF THE RINGS said, "That's a very specific level of tired."

Spoiler

comic_lotr4.jpg

I love that Congressional Republicans and Fox News are acting high and mighty, condemning the words of a young Muslim woman. 

But Donald Trump, “that’s baked in to the cake” and “we weren’t voting for a minister.”

Literally opinions I’ve heard shared in the past 24 hours.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Basically every congressional Jew has. A significant number of Jewish journalists an opinion writers have. Organizations like the ADL. This is not just the McCains of the world.

I haven't seen anyone actually thread the needle. A dual loyalty smear is anti-Semitic but that just begs the question of where anyone was actually accused of that. 

Besides, with (what appear to be) a greater number of Jewish writers disagreeing with the idea this was antisemitic why should I listen to those who say it was? I've been plenty wrong in my life but I don't see the evidence for reevaluating what my own eyes, ears, and common sense tell me.

Hahahahahahahaha so the #3 GOP leader in the house (Liz Cheney hahaha) voted against the measure, too. At least the Dems can point and say Omar's a backbencher and not the #3 person in our caucus, and we all stood up for a pointless resolution, undivided against discrimination. Shame this shit just doesn't stick anymore.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Hahahahahahahaha so the #3 GOP leader in the house (Liz Cheney hahaha) voted against the measure, too. At least the Dems can point and say Omar's a backbencher and not the #3 person in our caucus, and we all stood up for a pointless resolution, undivided against discrimination. Shame this shit just doesn't stick anymore.

The Republicans won't give a shit doe.