~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

39 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

So is anything of significance being done to "fix" the BS in Wisconsin beyond angry tweeting?  We will show them at the election is what most people are putting out... this is happening after they showed them.. lol

There are protests, and Dems have lawsuits teed up. Not sure what else you can do.

I hear Evers openly asked Walker not to sign it. While he is a human sponge saturated with cum, it's worth putting pressure on him because it will be a hard question for him to answer if he ever wants to run for president again.

7 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

So is anything of significance being done to "fix" the BS in Wisconsin beyond angry tweeting?  We will show them at the election is what most people are putting out... this is happening after they showed them.. lol

Change doesn't happen overnight. The Republicans who kept their seats due to gerrymandering? Evers has the power to veto those crappy maps for the 2020 census.

Give it time. Wisconsin Republicans spent time making the 2010s possible for Republican control. They're already shell-shocked that former rising star Scott Walker has been defeated.

Unless the NRCC Chair access secret numbers of which I'm unaware, I need to know what information he's accessing to wave away losses in Virginia, Washington, New Jersey and Alabama last year, many special election losses and huge swings to Dems in ruby red districts, 41 House losses, 7 lost governors' mansions, and 350+ state legislative seats while the unemployment rate is below 4% and most people think the economy is doing well.

While correlation =/= causation, there's a whole lot more indicating Trump was an albatross this year.

Here are the top 10 finishers in the MoveOn straw poll:

• Someone else/DK/other: 28.8 percent
  • Beto O’Rourke: 15.6 percent
  • Joe Biden: 14.9 percent
  • Bernie Sanders: 13.1 percent
  • Kamala Harris: 10 percent
  • Elizabeth Warren: 6.4 percent
  • Sherrod Brown: 2.9 percent
  • Amy Klobuchar: 2.8 percent
  • Michael Bloomberg: 2.7 percent
  • Cory Booker: 2.6 percent

It's another sign of O’Rourke's surprising popularity among national Democrats and a potentially troubling indication for Sanders, whom MoveOn endorsed in the 2016 Democratic primary. That year, 78 percent of MoveOn members voted to back Sanders over Hillary Clinton

O'Rourke is great because he is energizing, but is bad because he's kind of like Obama - inspiring without any specific goals. He could be great if he shifts to a progressive message, but he could also be vague and then get in and get nothing done. Having said that, I would take him over Biden (who is kind of the same on messaging) because Biden is too old.

7 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Here are the top 10 finishers in the MoveOn straw poll:

• Someone else/DK/other: 28.8 percent
  • Beto O’Rourke: 15.6 percent
  • Joe Biden: 14.9 percent
  • Bernie Sanders: 13.1 percent
  • Kamala Harris: 10 percent
  • Elizabeth Warren: 6.4 percent
  • Sherrod Brown: 2.9 percent
  • Amy Klobuchar: 2.8 percent
  • Michael Bloomberg: 2.7 percent
  • Cory Booker: 2.6 percent

It hurts to say it, but I really can’t see anyone on that list beating Trump without a painful recession that nobody wants to stack the deck...

12 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

It hurts to say it, but I really can’t see anyone on that list beating Trump without a painful recession that nobody wants to stack the deck...

Whats it going to take for people to realize Trump is the reason the GOP lost in 2017 and 2018 and will continue to lose going forward?  He barely squeaked by in 3 states giving him the presidency, all 3 of those states have swung back the other way recently, honestly where do you see that changing?

14 minutes ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

The Democratic candidate in 2020 will be an underdog against Trump.

Because either the left or moderates will have their heads so far up their own asses that they'll sit it out/ vote third party and some dumbasses may even vote Trump. 

Fight it out now, get over it and then support the only opponent with a chance

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Because either the left or moderates will have their heads so far up their own asses that they'll sit it out/ vote third party and some dumbasses may even vote Trump. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I doubt that would happen.  Trump has the advantage even if Democrats rally around their candidate. 

The funniest possible scenario is Bernie getting the nomination and Bloomberg running as an independent with the support of the people who complain about Nader and Stein

1 hour ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

I doubt that would happen.  Trump has the advantage even if Democrats rally around their candidate. 

The funniest possible scenario is Bernie getting the nomination and Bloomberg running as an independent with the support of the people who complain about Nader and Stein

Can you describe why you think Trump has the electoral upper-hand? I am genuinly curious. Based on the mid-term results the mid-western states have swung back to the Democrats. 

35 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Can you describe why you think Trump has the electoral upper-hand? I am genuinly curious. Based on the mid-term results the mid-western states have swung back to the Democrats. 

Democrats won’t pick up any other state besides Pennsylvania.  Trump only needs Wisconsin and Michigan, which are two very white states.

4 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Careful bub, don't make me give you the bullet...