~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

13 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

To be fair, if Israel wants to give me six figures for anything, I’ll gladly shut my mouth.

If you were in Chuck Schumer's position of responsibility and power? I certainly wouldn't accept it. It's disconcerting, though not surprising, that others would. But you would?

19 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

To be fair, if Israel wants to give me six figures for anything, I’ll gladly shut my mouth.

6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

If you were in Chuck Schumer's position of responsibility and power? I certainly wouldn't accept it. It's disconcerting, though not surprising, that others would. But you would?

Low six figures is also peanuts for a longtime incumbent senator. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Oh, if I’m in an actual position of power? No way. I’m talking current starving artist Mar Solo. I’d totally take six figures.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, nublood said:

Lol. Nobody, even her own people take her seriously.

57-0. Never forget.

Uhhh . . . it was a forced vote to endanger Democrats in purple districts, which is why 43 democrats voted "present" instead of yes or no on it as a polite way of saying "fuck you" to Republicans. Were Democrats also punting on the question of the Green New Deal and climate change? Of course, but this was still a forced vote and doesn't indicate whether the Democrats take AOC seriously or not (they very much do, or she wouldn't be appearing on the cover of magazines with the fucking Democratic House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi). What you're saying makes no sense - if even her own people don't take her seriously, then why is she even a big deal that has everyone talking about how much of a problem/threat she represents? :silly:

In Canada we have a free eFile system that is basically an API that you can use however you like (including manual submission of documents). One of the most popular methods in recent years is a site called SimpleTax.ca (free). All you do is go in, put your CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) info received from them in your previous assessment, and click "autofill." It then fills in all of the data received by your employers, investment plans, retirement plans, etc. So for 80-90% of the population, you just review it and click "submit." Then 2 weeks later you get a deposit in your bank account with your refund (or you pay the government online via your bank).

It's a great system and it gets better each year!

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In Canada we have a free eFile system that is basically an API that you can use however you like (including manual submission of documents). One of the most popular methods in recent years is a site called SimpleTax.ca (free). All you do is go in, put your CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) info received from them in your previous assessment, and click "autofill." It then fills in all of the data received by your employers, investment plans, retirement plans, etc. So for 80-90% of the population, you just review it and click "submit." Then 2 weeks later you get a deposit in your bank account with your refund (or you pay the government online via your bank).

It's a great system and it gets better each year!

Yes yes, we get it, Canada is better than our shithole country in every conceivable way. :p 

• Haha 1