Jump to content
SaysWho?

~*Official Nancy, AOC, and Friends Thread*~

Recommended Posts

Progressive Jews confronted Pelosi about this, demanding to know why Democrats let hate from the far right go unchallenged.

 

That's awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole thing is so fucking stupid. Any republican who pretends to be insulted by this should have a seven angry hornets released into their dick holes with some sort of special hornet dick hole insertion device. Fuck them all.

 

This is just more "NO, YOU'RE THE PUPPET!" shameless schoolyard anti-intellectual horseshit. They need to be pushed back hard on this shit.

 

If you support donald trump and you'e insulted by these comments you should lobotomize yourself. Exit the conversation forever. Your opinion means nothing and you opinions hold zero value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ort said:

This whole thing is so fucking stupid. Any republican who pretends to be insulted by this should have a seven angry hornets released into their dick holes with some sort of special hornet dick hole insertion device. Fuck them all.

 

This is just more "NO, YOU'RE THE PUPPET!" shameless schoolyard anti-intellectual horseshit. They need to be pushed back hard on this shit.

 

If you support donald trump and you'e insulted by these comments you should lobotomize yourself. Exit the conversation forever. Your opinion means nothing and you opinions hold zero value.

 

Nancy Pelosi isn’t a Trump supporter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I feel like you missed the point of his post.

 

Not at all, he and others are constantly shifting what has happened to avoid the reality that Omar keeps saying anti-Semitic things.

 

Just as a bunch of people keep talking about “well, you can’t criticize Israel without being called an anti-Semite”...in response to Omar not saying a single thing about Israel, just things about American Jews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I haven't been paying that much attention to this kerfuffle, but this official congressional rebuke of hate speech is just so fucking dumb.

 

If Omar was a white man no one would be talking about his comments.

 

Unless she's said more anti-Semitic stuff I haven't heard, all of her comments that have outraged everyone are things I agree with and I'm a ding-dang jew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never saw anything she said about American Jews. AIPAC is not a stand in for American Jewish people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

 

Not at all, he and others are constantly shifting what has happened to avoid the reality that Omar keeps saying anti-Semitic things.

 

Just as a bunch of people keep talking about “well, you can’t criticize Israel without being called an anti-Semite”...in response to Omar not saying a single thing about Israel, just things about American Jews.

Weird, I read his post as mocking the blatant hypocrisy of Trump supporters claiming they're offended by Omar's statements while they ignore all the anti-semitic and racist dog whistling from their hero.

 

There's plenty that can be said of Pelosi and some Democrats in this mess, but Ort seemed to be specifically talking about Republican stupidity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Weird, I read his post as mocking the blatant hypocrisy of Trump supporters claiming they're offended by Omar's statements while they ignore all the anti-semitic and racist dog whistling from their hero.

 

There's plenty that can be said of Pelosi and some Democrats in this mess, but Ort seemed to be specifically talking about Republican stupidity. 

Yes, I’m saying it is just deflection. The GOP isn’t what has made this a big issue, it’s the Dems themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I never saw anything she said about American Jews. AIPAC is not a stand in for American Jewish people. 

 

He's goysplaining so hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sblfilms said:

Yes, I’m saying it is just deflection. The GOP isn’t what has made this a big issue, it’s the Dems themselves.

I don't see it as deflecting, but I agree that the Dems have blown this up enough on their own, though the president and the GOP have helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sblfilms said:

Yes, I’m saying it is just deflection. The GOP isn’t what has made this a big issue, it’s the Dems themselves.

 

It's the Dems reacting to the GOP. Instead of just moving on, they are doubling down on the dumb.

 

They need to stop playing this game. Nothing will please the GOP base. They don't even care. I've just been reading all the Fox news articles about this and the one thing they all barely touch on is what she actually said. That's because what she said is so flipping minor. It's a total non-story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

He's goysplaining so hard. 

Why is it so difficult for you to actually engage in discussion?

 

16 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

I never saw anything she said about American Jews. AIPAC is not a stand in for American Jewish people. 

 

I didn’t say that, though I can understand your interpretation being that. I didn’t mean she is addressing all American Jews, just that her comments aren’t about Israeli policies but actually about the actions of a group of American Jews. The notion that “you can’t criticize Israel without being called an anti-Semite” is false to begin with but doesn’t make sense in a context in which Israel isn’t being critisized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

just that her comments aren’t about Israeli policies but actually about the actions of a group of American Jews

 

There's clearly nothing anyone can say to change your mind on this so what exactly do you want to me to say? This is a shitty opinion and I dare say you'd be sniping at me if I were telling black people how to feel about something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right, Israel isn't being criticized and neither are Jewish people. Your bit about her anti-Semitism being unquestionable because of Nancy Pelosi also rings hollow because where the Republicans have Sheldon Adelson the dems have Haim Saban. Meaningless gesticulations toward the favorability of Israel are to be expected. I, however, can think for myself -- and Nancy Pelosi, as much as I like her, is playing the politics of this one wrong. It's important for the left to call out anti-Semitism because it manifests on this side of the spectrum for sure but this isn't it.

 

It's true that Rep. Omar doesn't yet realize how the casual nature of her words and her position as a legislator amplifies what she's saying and how that's precarious with the sensitive nature of what she's talking about but I'm not going to let that corner me into pretending she said something legitimately anti-Semitic when she in fact did not.  I didn't check my brain at the door.

 

She absolutely needs to take care not to embolden anti-Semites, but I think we can all agree that she doesn't need to say unequivocally anti-Semitic things to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jason said:

 

There's clearly nothing anyone can say to change your mind on this so what exactly do you want to me to say? This is a shitty opinion and I dare say you'd be sniping at me if I were telling black people how to feel about something. 

I haven’t told you how to feel about anything. 

 

Do do you know when somebody has said something that is racist despite not belonging to the affected group? Of course.

 

is it your place to tell somebody from that group how to feel about? Certainly not. My black granny will lose her cool if she hears anybody say the n-word, while my black cousins don’t even care if their white friends say. Which one is right?

 

What is very clear to anybody willing to listen is that many American Jews find this language offensive and hurtful, I take them at their word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

Right, Israel isn't being criticized and neither are Jewish people. Your bit about her anti-Semitism being unquestionable because of Nancy Pelosi also rings hollow because where the Republicans have Sheldon Adelson the dems have Haim Saban. Meaningless gesticulations toward the favorability of Israel are to be expected. I, however, can think for myself -- and Nancy Pelosi, as much as I like her, is playing the politics of this one wrong. It's important for the left to call out anti-Semitism because it manifests on this side of the spectrum for sure but this isn't it.

 

It's true that Rep. Omar doesn't yet realize how the casual nature of her words and her position as a legislator amplifies what she's saying and how that's precarious with the sensitive nature of what she's talking about but I'm not going to let that corner me into pretending she said something legitimately anti-Semitic when she in fact did not.  I didn't check my brain at the door.

 

She absolutely needs to take care not to embolden anti-Semites, but I think we can all agree that she doesn't need to say unequivocally anti-Semitic things to do that.

 

I think it's telling that this isn't really a good-faith objection to her phrasing that it sure doesn't seem like anyone's offering up any ideas on how she could have said what she wanted to say in a way that wouldn't have immediately gotten her dogpiled with antisemitism accusations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

 

What is very clear to anybody willing to listen is that many American Jews find this language offensive and hurtful, I take them at their word.

 

Except I'm not seeing that from American Jewish people. The people throwing up the biggest stink are fucking white ass Christian Zionists like Megan "I'm fucking rich as hell" McCain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Anathema- said:

 

Except I'm not seeing that from American Jewish people. The people throwing up the biggest stink are fucking white ass Christian Zionists like Megan "I'm fucking rich as hell" McCain. 

Basically every congressional Jew has. A significant number of Jewish journalists an opinion writers have. Organizations like the ADL. This is not just the McCains of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

I think it's telling that this isn't really a good-faith objection to her phrasing that it sure doesn't seem like anyone's offering up any ideas on how she could have said what she wanted to say in a way that wouldn't have immediately gotten her dogpiled with antisemitism accusations.

 

True. If it was the way she said it then how are you supposed to? If it wasn't then why does the needle have to be threaded to explain it? It's like my favorite panel of DM OF THE RINGS said, "That's a very specific level of tired."

 

Spoiler

comic_lotr4.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that Congressional Republicans and Fox News are acting high and mighty, condemning the words of a young Muslim woman. 

 

But Donald Trump, “that’s baked in to the cake” and “we weren’t voting for a minister.”

 

Literally opinions I’ve heard shared in the past 24 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Basically every congressional Jew has. A significant number of Jewish journalists an opinion writers have. Organizations like the ADL. This is not just the McCains of the world.

 

I haven't seen anyone actually thread the needle. A dual loyalty smear is anti-Semitic but that just begs the question of where anyone was actually accused of that. 

 

Besides, with (what appear to be) a greater number of Jewish writers disagreeing with the idea this was antisemitic why should I listen to those who say it was? I've been plenty wrong in my life but I don't see the evidence for reevaluating what my own eyes, ears, and common sense tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would've voted "present" while wearing a t-shirt with the phrase "70 CE" written on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

Ah, the organization started by a guy that went to my college at the same time as me and they refused to do anything to him despite most of the student body wanting him expelled for his beliefs and actions. Trash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahahahahahaha so the #3 GOP leader in the house (Liz Cheney hahaha) voted against the measure, too. At least the Dems can point and say Omar's a backbencher and not the #3 person in our caucus, and we all stood up for a pointless resolution, undivided against discrimination. Shame this shit just doesn't stick anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Hahahahahahahaha so the #3 GOP leader in the house (Liz Cheney hahaha) voted against the measure, too. At least the Dems can point and say Omar's a backbencher and not the #3 person in our caucus, and we all stood up for a pointless resolution, undivided against discrimination. Shame this shit just doesn't stick anymore.

 

The Republicans won't give a shit doe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

The Republicans won't give a shit doe. 

 

What Republicans think is irrelevant. They didn't give a shit the Iraq War was a failure, either, and they paid for it two elections in a row with massive losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...