~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Since when are bosses (who presumably, theoretically have more power and thus do more work than their employees) obligated to earn what their interns and staff earn? That's ridiculous. Context would dictate if it's disproportionately unfair or not, but not on its face.

Guess I'll go to my boss right now and go: "hey, you're earning more than me, and even if I'm earning more than most others in similarly titled positions, I think it's unfair so you should dock your own pay to match mine."

What ridiculousness is this? MAGA chuds - I'm tired. Just STAHP.

Because that would take critical thinking skills,and they are fed a steady diet of extremes. 

Stronger gun laws=No Guns For Anyone!

Access to safe abortions= Abortions For All!

Gay Rights=Your Turning The Children Queer!

You dont have to think if you shrill loud enough

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

He basically said most Jews are bad lol

No, he said if you’re a bad Jew in America you probably vote dem, not that all Jews who vote dem are bad. It’s still a dumb take though :p 

16 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

ok boyle

“All rectangles are squares” - Fright

The KKK largely votes republican, but most republicans aren’t part of the KKK. This is why it is a dumb take. The purpose here is to malign Democrat policies and positions by saying particular bad actors also like those policies.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

“All rectangles are squares” - Fright

The KKK largely votes republican, but most republicans aren’t part of the KKK. This is why it is a dumb take. The purpose here is to malign Democrat policies and positions by saying particular bad actors also like those policies.

He's basically accusing Jews who don't vote Republican of being self-hating. This isn't that difficult to figure out. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's basically accusing Jews who don't vote Republican of being self-hating. This isn't that difficult to figure out. 

He is saying self-hating Jews in America mostly vote Democrat. Anything beyond that is inference on your part and mine.

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Yes, because we're reding-between-the-lines.jpg  :p 

We could instead look at what Shapiro has said countless times over the years to provide context to his dumb take. 

27 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

We could instead look at what Shapiro has said countless times over the years to provide context to his dumb take. 

I'm more interested in where his facts are coming from to make the conclusions he's making. Does he have any . . . history to cite? Or statistics? To indicate that within the Jewish people there is a sect of "bad Jews" who undermine "the Jewish people" from within (whatever that means) and how he knows that these alleged "bad Jews" largely vote for the Democratic Party? :p 

This is basically the bad hombres comment but with the caveat that it's "from within the Jewish people". If Trump had said "bad hombres within the Mexican people" I'm pretty sure it's still racist due to the framing and subtext. With Ben Shapiro, I'd argue he's probably the self-hating Jew and just doesn't know it. What he means here doesn't make sense especially without backup though either way, before we even get into the potential anti-Semitism. :)

I'm saying this to everyone, not just sblfilms: Subtext guys, subtext. 

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

I'm more interested in where his facts to make the conclusions he's making are coming from. Does he have any . . . history to cite? Or statistics? To indicate that within the Jewish people there is a sect of "bad Jews" who undermine "the Jewish people" from within (whatever that means) and how he knows that these alleged "bad Jews" largely vote Democratic Party. 

This is basically the bad hombres comment but with the caveat that it's "within the Jewish people". If Trump had said "bad hombres within the Mexican people" I'm pretty sure it's still racist. 

It is pretty clear what Shapiro thinks makes one a bad Jew today and that is not supporting the right of the Jews to their state by siding with Palestinian leadership, by favoring deals with Iran which he believes makes Israel less safe.

But even as sympathies for Israel have decreased in the Democratic Party over time due to disagreements with the treatment of Palestinians, the support for the right of Israel to exist has remained high in the party and amongst Democrat voting Jews.

44 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It is pretty clear what Shapiro thinks makes one a bad Jew today and that is not supporting the right of the Jews to their state by siding with Palestinian leadership, by favoring deals with Iran which he believes makes Israel less safe.

But even as sympathies for Israel have decreased in the Democratic Party over time due to disagreements with the treatment of Palestinians, the support for the right of Israel to exist has remained high in the party and amongst Democrat voting Jews.

But he states it as fact, not opinion. His tweet certainly reads to me like he feels he can speak for all Jews. Nowhere does he say: "I think" or "in my opinion". Maybe that's nitpicky, but if you're going to make a provocative statement, you better be clear.

Separately, equating all Jews = must be for Israel's imperialist policies is pretty bad (claiming instead that being against that is somehow wanting to make Israel "unsafe"). I'd be pissed if someone equated all Muslims with Saudi Arabia. But, he's a neo-con, what should I expect.