~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is not guaranteed. The effects of climate change go from bad to much, much, much worse. There's a good chance entire ecosystems collapse and good production won't be able to keep up with dwindling world population

Feinstein will definitely be dead by then, though.

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

She’s right, but still a bad look to tell those kids they don’t know shit.

3 hours ago, legend said:

Holy fuck this was the absolute worst way to respond to this.

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Seriously. That was painful.

8 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

So there may have been some selective editing.

This is the full version. Everyone may make their own observation:

Since when are bosses (who presumably, theoretically have more power and thus do more work than their employees) obligated to earn what their interns and staff earn? That's ridiculous. Context would dictate if it's disproportionately unfair or not, but not on its face.

Guess I'll go to my boss right now and go: "hey, you're earning more than me, and even if I'm earning more than most others in similarly titled positions, I think it's unfair so you should dock your own pay to match mine."

What ridiculousness is this? MAGA chuds - I'm tired. Just STAHP.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Since when are bosses (who presumably, theoretically have more power and thus do more work than their employees) obligated to earn what their interns and staff earn? That's ridiculous. Context would dictate if it's disproportionately unfair or not, but not on its face.

Guess I'll go to my boss right now and go: "hey, you're earning more than me, and even if I'm earning more than most others in similarly titled positions, I think it's unfair so you should dock your own pay to match mine."

Also, AOC (and all other Representatives) are given a set budget for staffing; her paying each staffer that much just means she has to hire less staff.

God these people are fucking dumb.

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

They will also be the first to attack her for proposing measures to reduce the take-home pay of millionaire CEOs.

15 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Aren't these the same people who oppose the 70% tax rate on millionaires?

The cognitive dissonance is amazing...