Days Gone - new gameplay footage from TGS

Commissar SFLUFAN

On 9/26/2018 at 1:11 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Why exactly are people so down on this game?

I have it on my list of games to follow/buy, but the latest gameplay didn't impress me much. The Zombie horde doesn't seem to be too intimidating. That said, the last time they showed it (E3 2017?) it looked really good... almost like Horizon Zero Dawn(from a gameplay perspective) in a zombie apocalypse.

So it's gone from a "must buy" to "I want to read reviews first".

12 hours ago, Rodimus said:

I really don't care to see more of this game. I think it has been shown way too early that or delayed. I feel over exposed on this and now it just needs to hype up weeks before release. I'm just fatigued already by it.

Interesting you said that when others in this thread have said that they have heard too little about it or have forgotten it's coming out.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Interesting you said that when others in this thread have said that they gave heard too little about it or have forgotten it's coming out.

While I don't know the details I have seen what seems like the same zombie demo many times. I have a good memory and thought it was smart to stop showing it and the same thing until much closer to release.

4 minutes ago, darkness35 said:

Sounds good at least.  A lot of the gameplay I've seen just seem very slow-paced for the style of the game at least. 

It definitely is on par with the games I mentioned and is faster than Lords of The Fallen from a gameplay perspective. Your companion changes the game up a a bit too and it's very colorful. More than initial impressions would have you believe.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:51 PM, Mercury33 said:

that looks....ok?  I don't like how the horde doesn't interact with you as soon as they reach you.  Its like they built in a small buffer or something and it seems kinda dumb.  He also seems like hes outrunning them by jogging.

17 hours ago, Dre801 said:

What the hell was that guy doing in that last video?  Just showing us how not to play?

The dude playing did nothing to help the game out. Terrible!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Days Gone Release Date done Gone to a Day in April :p

That's one game moved from that crowded release date... I would have thought Crackdown 3 would have blinked first. Probably a smart move on Sony's part.

With Metro and Anthem releasing on the same day, never mind the other Q1 releases, it could still blink. I don't blame them for the delay, either, as this is also Bend's only game this gen, so polish, polish, polish and show your boss why you're being expanded and moved into a better studio.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:56 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

My experience with this video.......... I'm on mobile so I pushed play and randomly clicked ahead and ended up at 3:21. I'm instantly greeted with non stop swearing while my phone volume is at max. My 6 year old son is in the room and says "daddy!! bad words...." while giving me a scolding look. *closes video* Have to watch this one later. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

My experience with this video.......... I'm on mobile so I pushed play and randomly clicked ahead and ended up at 3:21. I'm instantly greeted with non stop swearing while my phone volume is at max. My 6 year old son is in the room and says "daddy!! bad words...." while giving me a scolding look. *closes video* Have to watch this one later. 

Sorry man :lol:

3 hours ago, Dexterryu said:

Good decision, IMHO. The latest gameplay looks better than the last one but it needs to have some sort of stamina meeter so you can't just infinitely jog faster than the swarming zombies and kite them around/escape.

I don't think you can... I saw a couple of videos where guys definitely got ran down by the swarming horde.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:51 PM, Mercury33 said:

that looks....ok?  I don't like how the horde doesn't interact with you as soon as they reach you.  Its like they built in a small buffer or something and it seems kinda dumb.  He also seems like hes outrunning them by jogging.

agreed. as soon as he jumped on his bike, they all stopped and just stood there for about a second which was just long enough for him to get away.