Assassin's Creed Odyssey | Official Thread of Dangling Off Zeus's Wang - update: 60FPS support for PS5/Xbox Series consoles coming August 24

Pikachu

I feel like I might be only one but I really enjoyed the Desmond modern day stuff. The mystery and intrigue it offered and the way it connected the games was really interesting and kept me dying to find out what happens next. No granted they didn’t pay it off well at all and they never did anything to clear up the convoluted mess. But still, I enjoyed it. I wish they had crafted another interesting modern day story to link the newer games. 

• Guillotine 1

I’m enjoying this game very much! It lets me just go get lost and do things. I can easily pick up the plot line if I feel like it, but the world and the many, many game loops are the real draw here. I’ve sunk around 20 hours into this game now and I’m coming up on level 18. If you do the side quests and explore, the great concern of leveling melts away and is replaced with just enjoying your time with this very fun game world. 

Ubisoft Shouldn't Forget Traditional Assassin's Creed Fans (US Gamer)

Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins are the way forward, but the old creed doesn't need to be forgotten.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Leveling and Microtransaction Controversy is Largely Overblown (US Gamer)

Let's talk about "grinding" in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

42 minutes ago, best3444 said:

No. 16 hours in, too. On XBOX One X as an fyi.

I just did some Google fu and its a bug.  You can fix it by triggering a cut scene during a quest.  Been reported on all consoles.  I'm playing on PC.  I can loot some treasure but couldn't loot from camps, use boats or collect orichalum.  

• Thanks 1

Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Cultist System Is One Of The Game's Best Features (Kotaku)

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey balloons the further you get into it, adding layers of complex systems from nation-conquest battles to mercenary bounties. These help give a sense of how fragile and war-torn Greece has become in the game’s storyline. But a later system is more devious, and an important addition to the franchise as a whole. The ability to hunt down various cultists and conspirators around the world finally helps players feel like a genuine assassin.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Sharks Are Killing Me (Kotaku)

So much of the Assassin’s Creed experience (on land anyway) is about me being the hunter, creeping up on my unsuspecting prey and dealing out swift death and judgement. I’m the one in control. Going beneath the waves and running into sharks flips this on its head; suddenly I’m the one lost and disoriented, stripped of most of my speed and powers, while the sharks, in their natural habitat, have the advantage. And I hate it.

I got about 3 good hours in tonight. Not far in the story, but I did some exploring and side questing around the starting area. And yes, one of the first things I did was hang off Zeus' wang. :p 

Really liking the game so far. Pretty sure I prefer ancient Egypt, but Greece is always cool. Also, I played it safe and stuck with the traditional map markers. I like knowing where I'm going, though I'm always exploring.

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I got about 3 good hours in tonight. Not far in the story, but I did some exploring and side questing around the starting area. And yes, one of the first things I did was hang off Zeus' wang. :p 

Really liking the game so far. Pretty sure I prefer ancient Egypt, but Greece is always cool. Also, I played it safe and stuck with the traditional map markers. I like knowing where I'm going, though I'm always exploring.

Try exploration mode, there are still map markers.  You just have to use your in game map more to find where to go to explore, but you can highlight the ? to lead you there still.  It's not like there is no HUD or anything and if you're close to the spot you need to be for the quest, it'll tell you to deploy Ikaros.

Just got brought into the present day as Aya or whoever she is, and I'd totally forgotten this was a thing :lol:

It's nice that it's rare and seems packed with lore stuff for people to read if they're into that stuff, but it was straight back to Greece for me. 

16 hours ago, mo1518 said:

Got to Athens. This place is enormous, it's crazy to think that if this was made a few years ago the whole game would have been set in just this city and maybe the surrounding region, now it's just a small part of the whole game. 

Me too, what level are you?  I'm lvl 17.  Man I don't feel like I'm going to finish this game by the time Red Dead comes out....this game is massive!

Also is there a point doing the conquest stuff besides getting Epic (purple) gear?

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Me too, what level are you?  I'm lvl 17.  Man I don't feel like I'm going to finish this game by the time Red Dead comes out....this game is massive!

Also is there a point doing the conquest stuff besides getting Epic (purple) gear?

I'm lvl 21 I think. And yeah, red dead hype might drag me away - I already bought the odyssey DLC so I'll be back eventually. I think I played Origins for like six months when it was all said and done, doing all the DLC and getting the platinum. I'm sure odyssey will be the same.

As for conquest stuff, yeah, just a good source of gear and xp, I think. They're short and pretty fun, I'll probably keep doing them. Last one I played I was fighting a captain when a random mercenary joined the field, that was pretty tough.

Is anyone doing the bounty’s and stuff on the boards in each town? Im not having much of a problem staying the right level just by doing all the side quests and most of these read like just filler quests. Just wanna make sure I’m nkt missing anything cool hidden in there by not doing them. 

5 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Is anyone doing the bounty’s and stuff on the boards in each town? Im not having much of a problem staying the right level just by doing all the side quests and most of these read like just filler quests. Just wanna make sure I’m nkt missing anything cool hidden in there by not doing them. 

I was doing them here and there. They're nothing but filler quests like you mentioned. I stopped doing them. 

Any good builds as far as perks that people are using?  I'm somewhat been experimenting but I still haven't really found a good set of skills I like so far.

Maybe it will be different once I hit 50, but so far i've mainly just been using the heal, fire weapon, spartan kick, and spear throw move thingy.  I switch the spear throw with some other move when doing conquest battles.  Dabbled in a bit of the stun and shield break moves.

I haven't really found anything I like with the bow except the extra dmg shot.  The other moves seem to barely tickle them which I don't remember being the case in Origins and doesn't feel worth giving up my position to use them.  I'm pretty sure in Origins headshotss were all one shot kills besides bosses right?

Yeah the bow seems super underpowered which maybe is the point. Make you really commit to the Hunter Tree. 

Ive been using Shield Break, Spartan Kick, Poison and the spear assassination skill. Might switch off poison cause I’m really not noticing it so much even upgraded to level 2. 

14 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

Any good builds as far as perks that people are using?  I'm somewhat been experimenting but I still haven't really found a good set of skills I like so far.

Maybe it will be different once I hit 50, but so far i've mainly just been using the heal, fire weapon, spartan kick, and spear throw move thingy.  I switch the spear throw with some other move when doing conquest battles.  Dabbled in a bit of the stun and shield break moves.

I haven't really found anything I like with the bow except the extra dmg shot.  The other moves seem to barely tickle them which I don't remember being the case in Origins and doesn't feel worth giving up my position to use them.  I'm pretty sure in Origins headshotss were all one shot kills besides bosses right?

I'm playing origins now and headshots are mostly one shot kills unless the enemy is a boss or wearing an armored helmet.  Still took a good chunk of damage off them.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm playing origins now and headshots are mostly one shot kills unless the enemy is a boss or wearing an armored helmet.  Still took a good chunk of damage off them.

Hmm, I might have to give this another look then.  I am trying to play at my level of the area though.  Only time I can one shot is typically is when I activate the perk.

Just now, eggydoo said:

Hmm, I might have to give this another look then.  I am trying to play at my level of the area though.  Only time I can one shot is typically is when I activate the perk.

It may be different in Odyssey. It may also depend on the bow you're using.  In Origins I usually headshot dudes with the predator bow. Kills most enemies in one shot. Two max.

44 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It may be different in Odyssey. It may also depend on the bow you're using.  In Origins I usually headshot dudes with the predator bow. Kills most enemies in one shot. Two max.

ooh my bad, I just realized you mentioned playing Origins.  Yeah in Origins, headshot typically one shot kill.  I think they nerfed it in Odyssey.