Assassin's Creed Odyssey | Official Thread of Dangling Off Zeus's Wang - update: 60FPS support for PS5/Xbox Series consoles coming August 24

Pikachu

2 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Wrong. 

Origins is still very very good and that world is very different and def worth spending time in. Plus if you’re a fan of the series at all it’s fun to see the origins of the creed. Plus it has arguably the most famous assassination of all time in it :)

After beating Odyssey over the holiday weekend, I agree with you.

I give the nod to Orgins. 

On 11/8/2018 at 8:34 AM, ARZ said:

Damn, this game looks more amazing every time I see it.

Haven't started Origins yet either...starting to think I should skip Origins and get straight into this one.

I wouldn't... I'm playing Origins now and can't stop despite Odyssey staring me right in the face. Looking forward to starting Odyssey but Origins is definitely worth playing.

• Thanks 1

Finally got back to playing this last night, after not really playing anything for a month. Jesus, this game is huge. I do agree with the level scaling thing, to a point, though it's not a dealbreaker for me. I do wish areas of the map were essentially restricted, based on your level. 

I feel like this may be the longest AC game yet, and I spent around 65 hours in Origins.

2 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Finally got back to playing this last night, after not really playing anything for a month. Jesus, this game is huge. I do agree with the level scaling thing, to a point, though it's not a dealbreaker for me. I do wish areas of the map were essentially restricted, based on your level. 

I feel like this may be the longest AC game yet, and I spent around 65 hours in Origins.

It's GIGANTIC!!! 

Relive the music of Assassin’s Creed like never before

An immersive concert experience with live orchestra and choir with stunning footage from the video game

More information on tour dates and tickets on www.acsymphony.com

Los Angeles – The Dolby Theater, June 11th, 2019
Paris – Palais des Congrès, June 29th, 2019
San Francisco – Davies Symphony Hall, August 3rd, 2019
Montreal – Place des Arts, September 27th, 2019
London – Eventim Apollo, Oct 5th, 2019
Milan –Teatro Degli Arcimboldi, Oct 6th, 2019

The must dos would just be the main missions and side quests you come across. Clearing out every bandit camp and collecting every treasure will get tiresome, but you can do so if it will help you level up. 

Avoid fighting anyone that is more than 1 level above you. You will just die a lot and be frustrated.

31 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Also do you typically avoid bounty hunters that 2-3 levels above you?

I didn't find it too bad as long as there is not a mob of other enemies fighting you at the same time.  1v1 fights you should have no problem.  If you have a Hunter build, you can typically pick them off and whittle them down with arrows as well.

If you care about ship cosmetics, definitely do the sunken ship explorations.  You sometimes get new sail or a crew as a reward.  Agree with Pikachu on the rest.

28 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

The must dos would just be the main missions and side quests you come across. Clearing out every bandit camp and collecting every treasure will get tiresome, but you can do so if it will help you level up. 

Avoid fighting anyone that is more than 1 level above you. You will just die a lot and be frustrated.

Yeah, I've been clearing out camps but then keep thinking how many I've done so far and I've barely done much on the map so far - it seems like it will be tiresome pretty quickly.

Just now, eggydoo said:

I didn't find it too bad as long as there is not a mob of other enemies fighting you at the same time.  1v1 fights you should have no problem.  If you have a Hunter build, you can typically pick them off and whittle them down with arrows as well.

If you care about ship cosmetics, definitely do the sunken ship explorations.  You sometimes get new sail or a crew as a reward.  Agree with Pikachu on the rest.

I've been able to handle it yeah when it's 1v1 but it involved a lot of running away to gain back health while hiding. Takes a while to do, though. I haven't paid too much attention to builds but I'll look into it. I may do as Pikachu says avoid confrontation for now

And ok on the sunken ships!  I see a few on the map but forget to check them as  I travel. Will make sure to check next time.

I think if you wanna max your boat, you should clear the areas that red icons that look broken towers, they’re normally associated with ruins. They have the tablets that you’ll need to level up different aspects of your ship. I saw some for sale at a blacksmith, but I am not sure if that’s a recent thing they patched.

57 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Yeah, I've been clearing out camps but then keep thinking how many I've done so far and I've barely done much on the map so far - it seems like it will be tiresome pretty quickly.

I've been able to handle it yeah when it's 1v1 but it involved a lot of running away to gain back health while hiding. Takes a while to do, though. I haven't paid too much attention to builds but I'll look into it. I may do as Pikachu says avoid confrontation for now

And ok on the sunken ships!  I see a few on the map but forget to check them as  I travel. Will make sure to check next time.

What level are you?  I'd pick up the heal skill stat so you're not having to run away and heal.  Get those parries and dodges down!  Also poison weakens the enemy's defense/atk as well as do damage over time. 

After playing more around with the skills, I am really liking the Ring of Chaos move...it's like an AOE proximity blast that clears crowds around you and knocks them down.  I found it more useful than spartan kick or shield breaker.  Then while they are down, you can combo them with normal attacks.  Also if you have elemental weapons or have fire/poison skill activated, the DOT build up is applied on the move.

Edit: here is vid I found on youtube just now

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

I think if you wanna max your boat, you should clear the areas that red icons that look broken towers, they’re normally associated with ruins. They have the tablets that you’ll need to level up different aspects of your ship. I saw some for sale at a blacksmith, but I am not sure if that’s a recent thing they patched.

I haven't noticed those icons yet but I have found tablets. Wasn't clear what the use is for. Interesting.

41 minutes ago, eggydoo said:

What level are you?  I'd pick up the heal skill stat so you're not having to run away and heal.  Get those parries and dodges down!  Also poison weakens the enemy's defense/atk as well as do damage over time. 

After playing more around with the skills, I am really liking the Ring of Chaos move...it's like an AOE proximity blast that clears crowds around you and knocks them down.  I found it more useful than spartan kick or shield breaker.  Then while they are down, you can combo them with normal attacks.  Also if you have elemental weapons or have fire/poison skill activated, the DOT build up is applied on the move.

I'm level 11 currently but I have only used one skill point. Not sure how many I have but last time I checked I had 7 lol. I was thinking of doing fire instead of poison but we'll see. I'll definitely look into the other skills.

I was going to get the kick yeah but seems like I'll skip and try to get the Ring of Chaos

22 minutes ago, AndyD said:

I haven't noticed those icons yet but I have found tablets. Wasn't clear what the use is for. Interesting.

I'm level 11 currently but I have only used one skill point. Not sure how many I have but last time I checked I had 7 lol. I was thinking of doing fire instead of poison but we'll see. I'll definitely look into the other skills.

I was going to get the kick yeah but seems like I'll skip and try to get the Ring of Chaos

Keep in mind you have to level up the spear for some skills, but you can always respec for little money.

just hit level 20 last night and this game is so damn big i feel like im not progressing at all but still enjoying my time in the world at least.  I have no idea what quests to focus on or what areas to spend time in.  i kill some cultists if i see they are easily accessible.

a lot of the contracts seems pretty convoluted.

51 minutes ago, AndyD said:

Has anyone played this after RDR2? I enjoyed my time immensely with that game and while I like Odyssey so far the level scaling / grind is starting to get to me (currently level 13). 

I go back and forth between this and RDR2. When I’m playing Ass Odysssey I find myself missing the audio design, the insane level of detail in the world, and the more specific focus on character interaction. When I’m playing RDR2 I miss playing a game that controls competently and has a character that moves at a reasonable pace.

8 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I go back and forth between this and RDR2. When I’m playing Ass Odysssey I find myself missing the audio design, the insane level of detail in the world, and the more specific focus on character interaction. When I’m playing RDR2 I miss playing a game that controls competently and has a character that moves at a reasonable pace.

Yeah, I guess that's how I feel too

So I'm on my way to Andros ... of course it has you sail through several locations you haven't been to yet with side quests popping up if you're near the coast...did you guys just ignore and made your way to Andros?

• 2 weeks later...

Finished The Hidden Ones DLC in Origins and killed the last two War Elephants. Also got the Final Fantasy sword and shield. Gonna do the Pharoah's DLC and then put this game to bed I think. So beefy and so well done i can't wait to dive into Odyssey.

I'm legit curious to see what Ubisoft could do with a full on Fantasy or Sci fi open world RPG. They can legit give Bethesda, Bioware and CD Projeckt a run for their collective monies.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:38 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Finished The Hidden Ones DLC in Origins and killed the last two War Elephants. Also got the Final Fantasy sword and shield. Gonna do the Pharoah's DLC and then put this game to bed I think. So beefy and so well done i can't wait to dive into Odyssey.

Even though you said Origins it took me a minute to realize you weren't talking about Odyssey and I was thinking "wtf?  I thought I played all the available DLC so far?" :p 

On 12/28/2018 at 8:38 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm legit curious to see what Ubisoft could do with a full on Fantasy or Sci fi open world RPG. They can legit give Bethesda, Bioware and CD Projeckt a run for their collective monies.

They could probably do pretty well. I don't think they've yet shown that they can compete story-wise with CDPR, but CDPR is sitting safely on the top of the mountain as far as I'm concerned so that doesn't mean much. They'd certainly more than meet that mark when compared to the Bethesda stories :p 

@legend

ENEMY SCALING

One of the most community-requested features since launch is coming this month. With the next update you will be able to adapt enemy scaling settings to your preferences. As soon as the update hits on January 10, visit the options menu and find the Level Scaling setting. From there you’ll be able to customize how drastically the enemies will scale to your level.

• Heavy – All enemies remain at your level.
  • Normal – No change in the difficulty settings.
  • Light – Content is around two levels below your level.
  • Very Light – Content is around four levels below your level.

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

@legend

ENEMY SCALING

One of the most community-requested features since launch is coming this month. With the next update you will be able to adapt enemy scaling settings to your preferences. As soon as the update hits on January 10, visit the options menu and find the Level Scaling setting. From there you’ll be able to customize how drastically the enemies will scale to your level.

• Heavy – All enemies remain at your level.
  • Normal – No change in the difficulty settings.
  • Light – Content is around two levels below your level.
  • Very Light – Content is around four levels below your level.

Finally! I've already finished the game but there is more DLC and I'll turn it on for that.

In Shadow Heritage, you’ll unlock a fiery new naval weapon, unravel a dangerous conspiracy, and continue your alliance with Darius and his progeny. See the new weapon and a new Hunter ability in action in this gameplay feature on the second episode of the Legacy of the First Blade story arc.