Assassin's Creed Odyssey | Official Thread of Dangling Off Zeus's Wang - update: 60FPS support for PS5/Xbox Series consoles coming August 24

Pikachu

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

ooh my bad, I just realized you mentioned playing Origins.  Yeah in Origins, headshot typically one shot kill.  I think they nerfed it in Odyssey.

You can stack perks to get bonus damage - I apply poison and then the predator shot and the poison damage lets me one shot enemies that would otherwise survive. 

As for skills, hero shot in the stealth tree is ridiculously overpowered. I run that, shield removal, healing and poison. 

12 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Is anyone doing the bounty’s and stuff on the boards in each town? Im not having much of a problem staying the right level just by doing all the side quests and most of these read like just filler quests. Just wanna make sure I’m nkt missing anything cool hidden in there by not doing them. 

I think they are random regenerating as well are they not?  

Nightmare seems... not that hard. I pay the price if I try to Leroy Jenkins a large base, but if I get in and take out a decent amount of people before I derp, I can usually recover just fine. It’s still really fun to get into a base and merc up all the plebs before I get into open combat with the big bads.

Taking out area leaders while they’re in public causes your wanted meter to spike HARD, and all of the sudden a bunch of Mercenaries run up on me and I die fast, which is great. Only exception to this is if it happens in an area with a cliff or at the top of a building, which case literally everyone gets kicked to their death. There’s something hilarious about 5+ dudes letting me cirlcle around them and drop kick them off a cliff. “Shit she got Rick, Steve, Tom, Harry, and Dan to put their back to this cliff and then punted the shit out of them. Surely that won’t happen to me, let me just try to circle around her... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH HOW DID I NOT SEE THIS COMING? THE HUBRIS!”

I’m around level 25. I’ve dumped almost all my upgrades into the Assassin tree, with one pip in Spartan Kick, Heal, and whatever shield steal move there is in the Warrior tree. I use arrows only to harass, so... nothing in the Hunter tree for now.

The game is really quite good. There are number of side quests that are charming or funny. The world is gorgeous. And they smartly lean into shit that makes the game or world fun, like preposterous statues, people being 25% filled with helium when you kick them, and not being able to die when you jump from cliffs. Also playing as Kassandra turns this into something that resembles a pseudo Wonder Woman game, I have no clue why anyone would fuck with Alexios. :p

I got a tad annoyed with the game last night - but it is more of a video game problem and not specifically a problem for just this game.  I came across a girl who was complaining that while she was playing her guitar some soldiers were singing profane lyrics to her song... so of course her job for me was to assassinate their captain.  I get that pretty much all you can do in this game is fight or pick things up - therefore everything is either a fetch quest or a murder quest.  But damn.  "I was mildy offended - please kill the guy for me".  lol

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, number305 said:

I got a tad annoyed with the game last night - but it is more of a video game problem and not specifically a problem for just this game.  I came across a girl who was complaining that while she was playing her guitar some soldiers were singing profane lyrics to her song... so of course her job for me was to assassinate their captain.  I get that pretty much all you can do in this game is fight or pick things up - therefore everything is either a fetch quest or a murder quest.  But damn.  "I was mildy offended - please kill the guy for me".  lol

e31.jpg

32 minutes ago, number305 said:

I had something similar on a quest.  I wish there were bargaining options for this....like I am a mercenary after all.  Want me to do something, show me the money.

@Kal-El814 agreed, Spartan Kick + Cliff is the most OP move ever.  I love it.  Early in the game I did find some areas seemed to have some invisible wall where you could not do that but I haven't ran into it lately since hitting Athens.

Just started the game last night - where do you guys recommend putting my first handful of ability points?

Also, killed my first mercenary, it was recommended for level 5, but I was level 4... I cheesed the living crap out of him in a town: I climbed onto a roof, would hit him with 2-3 headshots from my bow, with the first 1-2 shots he would run and try to hide before figuring out my location, I would then jump down the back of the barn, circle around, hide in a bush, wait for him to jump off the roof, then repeat until he was down to about 25%-ish health, then I got behind him and did an assassination. :p 

6 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

The heath boost ability is a must have at be beginning in my opinion. Also the Spartan Kick, the ability where you throw the spear and can chain it is great as well. 

Is the health boost the one where you can recover 25% health? I got the spartan kick, the spear throw, the assassination one where it auto-loots for you, and I also got an arrow one that allows you to target multiple enemies for a single shot. (I got all these before coming in here to ask you guys :p )

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Is the health boost the one where you can recover 25% health? I got the spartan kick, the spear throw, the assassination one where it auto-loots for you, and I also got an arrow one that allows you to target multiple enemies for a single shot.

Yeah, that skill has saved me a bunch of times. Also there’s a skill you can get soon in the assassin tree, I forget it’s exact name but you swipe the guy’s leg and stab down in combat. It does an INSANE amount of damage. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah, that skill has saved me a bunch of times. Also there’s a skill you can get soon in the assassin tree, I forget it’s exact name but you swipe the guy’s leg and stab down in combat. It does an INSANE amount of damage. 

oh really?  The description says it only does 60% assassin dmg so I never tried it.  Can you use this move during combat as well?

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

oh really?  The description says it only does 60% assassin dmg so I never tried it.  Can you use this move during combat as well?

Yes thats what makes it so badass. You can use it during combat. And it’s uninterruptible. Yes it’s does 60% of Assassin damage. But go look at your assassin damage vs warrior/Predator. 

2 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Yes thats what makes it so badass. You can use it during combat. And it’s uninterruptible. Yes it’s does 60% of Assassin damage. But go look at your assassin damage vs warrior/Predator. 

Nice! Will reroll and give this a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still play it?  I've been playing this more than RDR2 cause I'm trying to finish at least the main story before I dedicate all my time to RDR2.  

Latest patch fixed Lt bugs for Evie/Bayek.  They lowered the amount of materials needed to upgrade equipment too but to me still feels its too much.  I'm basically waiting til max level to upgrade at this point.

Some of the dialog has me cracking up

Spoiler

Main character - Mom I finally found you, I have so many questions.

Mom - sorry you have to do all this shit for me first

MC - ok

MC - Father, I finally found you I have so many questions.

Dad - no time. You have to do all this shit for me first

MC - ok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 12:21 PM, best3444 said:

I'd skip Orgins and play Oddessy. It's an improved version of Orgins anyway. 

Wrong. 

Origins is still very very good and that world is very different and def worth spending time in. Plus if you’re a fan of the series at all it’s fun to see the origins of the creed. Plus it has arguably the most famous assassination of all time in it :)

1 hour ago, Mercury33 said:

Wrong. 

Origins is still very very good and that world is very different and def worth spending time in. Plus if you’re a fan of the series at all it’s fun to see the origins of the creed. Plus it has arguably the most famous assassination of all time in it :)

Which one are you thinking of?