Assassin's Creed Odyssey | Official Thread of Dangling Off Zeus's Wang - update: 60FPS support for PS5/Xbox Series consoles coming August 24

Pikachu

Got off the first island, really loving it now. There's a big emphasis on ships again, like a spartan themed Black Flag. 

Got a tip for people just starting - do not buy the weapons and armor from the Ubisoft club rewards store. They can't be deleted or hidden, so this shitty level 5 gear is stuck in my inventory for the rest of the game, or until ubi adds some way to hide/remove them. Using these items for the 40-60 minutes that I was level 5 was not worth it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

Got off the first island, really loving it now. There's a big emphasis on ships again, like a spartan themed Black Flag. 

Got a tip for people just starting - do not buy the weapons and armor from the Ubisoft club rewards store. They can't be deleted or hidden, so this shitty level 5 gear is stuck in my inventory for the rest of the game, or until ubi adds some way to hide/remove them. Using these items for the 40-60 minutes that I was level 5 was not worth it. 

Doesn’t Odyssey work the same as Origins where you can upgrade your low level stuff? So if you like the way it looks you can keep it all game. 

47 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Doesn’t Odyssey work the same as Origins where you can upgrade your low level stuff? So if you like the way it looks you can keep it all game. 

Sure, but it's blue-rarity gear, and nothing special. I'm going to save my upgrading for the good gear. This stuff is just a little early game boost, it's fine, but having to carry it around the rest of the game is not worth it. By the time you're level 6, it's like you're walking around town and you just finished a coffee, but you can't find a garbage can anywhere to ditch the cup, so you're just stuck carrying this trash around. 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

Sure, but it's blue-rarity gear, and nothing special. I'm going to save my upgrading for the good gear. This stuff is just a little early game boost, it's fine, but having to carry it around the rest of the game is not worth it. By the time you're level 6, it's like you're walking around town and you just finished a coffee, but you can't find a garbage can anywhere to ditch the cup, so you're just stuck carrying this trash around. 

Can't you sell it?  I had a piece that I couldn't delete, but I sold later.

I've just switched from the set I think you're speaking of so I'll try that tonight.

16 minutes ago, Man_of_X said:

Can't you sell it?  I had a piece that I couldn't delete, but I sold later.

I've just switched from the set I think you're speaking of so I'll try that tonight.

Let me know if it works, but I don't think it will. I think they made these pieces permanent so you can't keep claiming them over and over, selling them for cash or dismantling for materials. 

On another note, I chose Kassandra and I'm really liking her character. It's early, but she might be my new favourite assassin. I wonder how different the male character is - same personality / lines but as a male, or is he his own character? 

1 hour ago, mo1518 said:

Let me know if it works, but I don't think it will. I think they made these pieces permanent so you can't keep claiming them over and over, selling them for cash or dismantling for materials. 

On another note, I chose Kassandra and I'm really liking her character. It's early, but she might be my new favourite assassin. I wonder how different the male character is - same personality / lines but as a male, or is he his own character? 

Didn't they say they're both different?

2 hours ago, mo1518 said:

On this weeks Bombcast they said the male VA really phoned it in , Kassandra was quite a bit better.

2 hours ago, Pikachu said:

cjq3ndiz9zp11.png

Meh, every game has had fantastical shit in it. Cherry picking those to make it look like the newer games are all fantasy based is dumb. The fact that the “exploration mode” or whatever it’s called in Origins exists and could be used as a teaching tool is a testiment to the sustained historical accuracy the AC teams strive for. 

30 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Meh, every game has had fantastical shit in it. Cherry picking those to make it look like the newer games are all fantasy based is dumb. The fact that the “exploration mode” or whatever it’s called in Origins exists and could be used as a teaching tool is a testiment to the sustained historical accuracy the AC teams strive for. 

I still laughed

PCGamesN - 80%

Odyssey is a better, and certainly bigger, Assassin’s Creed game than any before it. It’s an RPG to rival the likes of The Witcher 3 with a massive historical world that is consistently and astonishingly handsome. The sheer number of moving parts can be intimidating but this is a special adventure that must be savoured.

5 hours ago, Pikachu said:

cjq3ndiz9zp11.png

:lol: To be honest, I really fell in love with origins when it started getting real weird. Swords that light shit on fire, battles against giant gods, the entire second DLC. It was a fine game when it was cleopatra sending us on missions and stealthing around bases, but when the game let loose with the strange stuff it was a blast. 

2 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Left was when Ubisoft believed that they could tell a good story. Right is when they said fuck it, let’s just make a fun game.  I’ll take right everyday of the week.  

I'm pretty sure that "right" occurred about the time someone during development suggested  "...and for the final boss, you fight the Pope!"

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mo1518 said:

It didn't work. :(  They removed the dismantle button on those sets.  On the positive, it's a decent looking set and can be upgraded to your level. 

1 hour ago, eggydoo said:

Got back into town yesterday and started playing this last night for a little bit.  There wasn't stealing on Origins right?  You could just take whatever you want.

Yeah stealing is brand new I think. You could pick peoples pockets before but never an Elder Scrolls type stealing option that changes people’s reaction to you. 

Im really impressed how while very clearly building off of Origins there is so much more added to this game. The dialogue is so simple but really adds a lot and helps keep you more engaged. 

On 10/5/2018 at 2:10 PM, SFLUFAN said:

PC Gamer - 90%

Though the main story suffers because of it, Assassin's Creed Odyssey is a remarkably massive RPG held together by a web of satisfying pursuits.

If I'm going to spend a lot of time with a game, I need the story to be good enough to justify the time. Probably a deal breaker for me

Classic asscreed. I spent a lot of time playing this on the weekend, didn't progress the story at all, just travelled around clearing out forts and picking up side missions. There are some really cool looking areas in this game - I was worried it wouldn't live up to the awesome Egypt setting, but so far so good.