Sign in to follow this  
elbobo

Movies New Bumblebee trailer looks... good, what is happening

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well... shit. That DOES look good. I want to see it just to see the Transformers in their G-1 forms... this is a prequel right? Takes place in the 80's?

Yup, 1987

I think Michael Bay not directing is probably why it has a chance to be good. Travis Knight directed Kubo and the Two Strings in his debut.

14 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I do not trust the hope this trailer has given me.

You should have hope - the film is directed by Travis Knight from LAIKA, he directed Kubo and the Two Strings, which is simply a sublime movie.

I have every faith this movie will be excellent unless studio/producer meddling ruins it. 

I adore Kubo, but we've been so wronged by these Transformers movies that it's going to take more than a one good trailer for me to expect much.

Michael Bay has to just be producer in name and not an active producer because the fact that we have generation 1 stuff finally has to mean he's not touching anything at all. Well to me anyway.

9 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I adore Kubo, but we've been so wronged by these Transformers movies that it's going to take more than a one good trailer for me to expect much.

The previous trailer was also good, if that helps any.

I am also keeping my expectations in check, but that director is someone to watch out for. 

Travis Knight spoke about his different direction with the film at CinemaCon. I trust him and the clip he showed looked solid.

Is this a reboot? I cannot recall the current Transformers “canon” all that well, but I thought most people in those movies seemed surprised that Transformers existed.

No, Bumblebee is just a standalone film within the same universe. Paramount wanted its own cinematic universe, but Last Knight flopped which scrapped those plans. Bumblebee was too far along in production to cancel it. To address your second point, Last Knight retconned that point and made the Transformers part of Earth's history.

https://screenrant.com/bumblebee-movie-transformers-reboot/

On 9/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, Brick said:

I believe it was supposed to be a prequel originally, but now it may be a reboot. 

I can easily see that.

Haven't liked one of these since the first one.  Since then Bay has repeatedly shat on these.  Glad he's not in the director's chair on this one.

Looks good to me! The old 80s movie was the version of Transformers that I grew up with, and this has very strong vibes of that generation. :D Color me actually excited! 

17 hours ago, Anzo said:

I'll wait for reviews. Hopefully they can turn this franchise around.

Hopefully it's not too late to turn it around.