Playstation Showcase May 24 (PS5, PSVR2, rumored to have big announcements, 1 hour)

SaysWho?

It's almost time to see what's next — PlayStation Showcase broadcasts live next Wednesday, May 24 at 1pm Pacific Time / 9pm British Time.

The show will run a bit over an hour, focusing on PS5 and PS VR2 games in development from top studios from around the world. Expect a glimpse at several new creations from PlayStation Studios, as well as spellbinding games from our third-party partners and indie creators.

Announced on the site we don't link to. :p 

27 minutes ago, Brian said:

things I am excited for.

Locks: 

Spiderman 2 

Astrobot 2  

PSVR2 bundle with Astrobot 2

MGS Remake

PS5 streaming handheld

Long shots:

PS5 Pro

Wolverine trailer

GoT 2

GoW 2 DLC

I think some of your locks are long shots too, like astro and mgs, but I hope you’re correct.

no chance of the pro, it’s not rumored to be even considered before 2024, and no way they want to announce it this early to slow sales of the current model. We might see the modular PS5 though. 

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Konami is also heavily rumored to be part of this showcase.

And all the rumors say Sony locked up exclusivity on the MGS Remake. I think it’s fair to say that MGS Remake will be announced and Silent Hill 2 Remake gets a release date. 

Im open for them to show just whatever really as long as it’s new single player content. It’s about time for Sony to show its hand and give us an idea of what we have to look forward to when it comes to ps5 exclusives beyond Spiderman 2. And they really need to show that some AAA games are coming for psvr2.

My biggest concern is the vibe I’m getting of them wanting a strong multiplayer focus this gen. I hope their plan there is to just double up on releases while keeping their same output of SP content, but that’s probably going to diminish at least a little bit with Studio Japan closed. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Im open for them to show just whatever really as long as it’s new single player content. It’s about time for Sony to show its hand and give us an idea of what we have to look forward to when it comes to ps5 exclusives beyond Spiderman 2. And they really need to show that some AAA games are coming for psvr2.

Probably going to start showing off all their live service games starting with TLOU Factions!

4 hours ago, stepee said:

My biggest concern is the vibe I’m getting of them wanting a strong multiplayer focus this gen. I hope their plan there is to just double up on releases while keeping their same output of SP content, but that’s probably going to diminish at least a little bit with Studio Japan closed. 

My guess is this might be a roadmap for the next year or two, only because the two showcases in 2020 pretty much showed what would release for the next few years at a time when we didn't know anything about the lineup (Astro's Playroom, Horizon, GOW: Ragnarok, Destruction AllStars, Sackboy, Returnal, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, R&C Rift Apart, Bugsnax, Stray, Gran Turismo 7). With Spidey 2/Lost Soul Aside and a few others being the only announcements we know for sure, my guess is we'll have plenty on the multiplayer stuff we've seen and plenty of the single-player games some of the core studios are working on going into 2025. Maybe we'll see Twisted Metal considering we have a trailer for the TV series.

49 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

My guess is this might be a roadmap for the next year or two, only because the two showcases in 2020 pretty much showed what would release for the next few years at a time when we didn't know anything about the lineup (Astro's Playroom, Horizon, GOW: Ragnarok, Destruction AllStars, Sackboy, Returnal, Demon's Souls, Miles Morales, R&C Rift Apart, Bugsnax, Stray, Gran Turismo 7). With Spidey 2/Lost Soul Aside and a few others being the only announcements we know for sure, my guess is we'll have plenty on the multiplayer stuff we've seen and plenty of the single-player games some of the core studios are working on going into 2025. Maybe we'll see Twisted Metal considering we have a trailer for the TV series.

Twisted Metal 2D/VR cross buy please 

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2023 at 1:18 PM, Dodger said:

Sweet, I can watch it on my lunch break. And yes @Keyser_Soze FFT remake is all I really care about. I still haven't beat Tactics Ogre to my great shame though. Just too much stuff to play. But FFT gets my immediate attention whenever it comes out. 

God yes. 
Man, there are few eras better than 90’s SquareSoft.

• Halal 1

15 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

we are getting it all today.

bloodborne remake/ BB2

elden ring dlc

ps7, they are just going to skip 6

new Gex

new from soft game

sony acquiring blizzard 

Obviously fake because it doesn't have the Jak and Daxter remake confirmed. 

• True 1