Update: Telltale/Skybound Games reach agreement to complete The Walking Dead: The Final Season

Commissar SFLUFAN

You know, @SFLUFAN talked a lot about TT needing to update their engine, and I wonder if there was talk about it after the success of Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us.

Because they had a bunch of properties that looked the same and used the same template. And everything has licensed and therefore way more expensive. I never felt much hype for most of their games ther past fear years, like GoT, and looking at the sales, it wasn't my imagination. I dunno if a new engine would have saved things (they probably needed original stuff), but for me, their stuff would have least looked more interesting. Besides a change in characters, you knew exactly what you were getting into and exactly what it would look like.

Also, it's fitting THQ was mentioned as they also worked on tons of licensed products and faced a similar fate.

Just now, legend said:

Fuck. The lack of Tales from the Boarderlands sales is a god damn crime.

Its a shame really

Some how they managed to take a game that no one in a million years would have thought to take and make into a an adventure game and it turns out really good and no one buys it :|

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

You know, @SFLUFAN talked a lot about TT needing to update their engine, and I wonder if there was talk about it after the success of Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us.

The sad thing is the new walking dead game that's going to come out does have a new engine. Telltale games look completely different now.

2 minutes ago, Engel said:

A guy I worked with son just gave his two weeks yesterday. Apparently people have seen the writing on the wall and have been leaving the company for a while. 

They've had several rounds of layoffs within the last couple of years, so this probably doesn't come as that much of a shock to much of the staff.