Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment

Jason

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

Does the Imbecile actually believe this one?

I hope it's true, and I hope he (or others) did wear a wire.  I have no doubt that it someone did record Trump they have evidence that will be used against him.   

Oh shit what if sessions did flip early on, and was a mole?

“The New York Times’s story is inaccurate and factually incorrect,” he said in a statement. “I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda. But let me be clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

If you're trying to get people to believe you, don't blatantly lie right after a denial.

• Haha 1

Just now, mclumber1 said:

I hope it's true, and I hope he (or others) did wear a wire.  I have no doubt that it someone did record Trump they have evidence that will be used against him.   

Oh shit what if sessions did flip early on, and was a mole?

AH DO DECLAH!

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why is David Simon particularly noteworthy?

David Simon is a former crime reporter for the Baltimore Sun, but is better known as the creative force behind "The Wire".

And he's a supremely sharp fellow who doesn't suffer fools like Haberman lightly.

"There are now two Americas. My country is a horror show"

57 minutes ago, Jason said:

I wonder if Trump has kept this in the barrel as a last resort for when Manafort flipped.

If this news is tied to the news earlier this week that Trump was trying to get thos DOJ documents out there it would suggest the WH is leaking this for a reason

And if this is true, imagine the type of panic from Trump and knowledge of culpability it would take for him to pull that trigger a month and a half before the midterms.

4 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

Leaked to get Rosenstein fired, I'm sure. 

3 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Does the Imbecile actually believe this one?

3 hours ago, Jason said:

LOL I really need to remember check the bylines on NYT stories, Michael S. Schmidt is one of the authors @CayceG.

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

He sure is! I was skeptical the moment I saw the headline and the byline. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump him-fucking-self called Schmidt up and planted this one.

I'm with family preparing for a trip amass they have msnbc on. This is pretty much the panel opinion playing out. Former Watergate reporter it's saying this was probably a leak and it's doubtful he talked about the 25th amendment, host asks if NYT could have gotten played, Bill Kristol says Rosenstein hasn't done anything, so it's obvious he was possibly not serious, though he sagas it's right to worry if Trump wants to create chaos and fire people with this amber the Kavanaugh hearings playing out.

Doesn't seem as if many reporters are buying into this.