What's the coolest thing you learned today?

Fizzzzle

I just thought it might be cool to have a TIL thread.

I just learned that Lake Michigan and Lake Huron have a bidirectional flow, which means, for most purposes, it's just one big lake that happens to have land that almost touches tips. That blew my mind. That means Michigan is basically a peninsula in an inland sea, and now I feel like going down a geology rabbit hole to find out why that's a thing... Probably something to do with retreating ice sheets, BUT IT'S SO COOL

You guys suck at facts. I can't use any of this in trivia. Tell me you found evidence that Henry Clay was a pedo or something.

I found a record today that my 6th great grandfather was a first cousin to Andrew Jackson, but I think it was made up. They probably knew each other (they were both slaver shitfucks who lived in the same area at the same time, it makes sense that they rubbed elbows, but I can't find any evidence they were related. I CAN, however, find proof that I'm related to Robert E Lee, another asshole)

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

My dog is dying to cancer and my ex-wife is done with me. 

Gotta decide if i'd rather have had cancer in place of Corey or to avoid living this day. Probably a mix of both.

Hang in there, friend. Remember to reach out to friends and loved ones if you're feeling low, and there's no shame in seeking professional help if you don't already have a therapist.

21 minutes ago, TheShader said:

Hang in there, friend. Remember to reach out to friends and loved ones if you're feeling low, and there's no shame in seeking professional help if you don't already have a therapist.

I'm fine. Just a bit hopeless since my ex-wife was when i felt my life was moving in a positive direction so I need to adjust.

Also rumors of Horus Heresy Epic coming out this year is easing my pain.

• Hugs 1