Lance "This...is bullshit!" Reddick has tapped his final wire at age 60

18 hours ago, 69los said:

https://i.imgur.com/za8KuPv.png

Ya, I went to join the vigil too. It made me jump into lightfall as well, but it was cool to see so many people paying their respects. 
it’s pretty sad. A lot of amazing characters passed with him as well. He can’t be replaced. Far too soon.

• True 1

7 hours ago, Brick said:

He didn't get to complete the Lightfall campaign by the looks of it. 

Sadly, he probably finished everything available if he had an evening. What's released so far was pretty limited. There's a lot of anger about the campaign. Mr. Reddick's passing seems to have quieted the fanbase for a little a while, but they definitely aren't happy. 

The raid stuff is supposed to be good, but I haven't gotten into it yet. 

Yeah I’d heard he was playin Destiny the night before. 😢 He really did love the game and the fan base. And the fan base in return loved him. He is an irreplaceable presence in the world and entertainment. 

edit: looking at his account history he played Destiny 2 what looked like every day this month and nearly every day going back further. Not a huge amount, but what looks like at least an hour or two. 

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Sadly, he probably finished everything available if he had an evening. What's released so far was pretty limited. There's a lot of anger about the campaign. Mr. Reddick's passing seems to have quieted the fanbase for a little a while, but they definitely aren't happy. 

The raid stuff is supposed to be good, but I haven't gotten into it yet. 

No you can see from his in game Triumphs that he was playing the last mission, but didn't complete it. Makes me wonder how much he was able to piece together what happens since while Bungie isn't going to tell him, or any of the actors, what happens in the story, he still has to record his lines for after the campaign, and whatever future seasons he had recorded before passing. 

4uTfUanh4bPbmtfQNvQ4CV-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

The 3D-printed figurine is free to everyone, but its artist hopes players will donate to Reddick's charity of choice.

For players looking to show their love for Reddick in their own gaming space sooner than that, Dutch 3D modeller Danny van Eck, who works under the name Artdeck, has designed a tribute figurine and is making it free to print for everyone. 'Per audacia ad astra, Commander', can be found here, and looks absolutely fantastic. The Latin reference is Bungie's motto, and translates to: "To the stars, by daring." 

On Twitter Artdeck wrote: "I hope I did him justice and I hope you all like the final result. It's been an exhausting weekend but I'm glad I managed to finish it before the work week started again." He also asked that fans don't send him any money as a tip, but instead donate to momcares.org if they were able, which was Reddick's charity of choice. It provides help for under-supported mothers in Baltimore City.

• Like 3
  • Halal 1

19 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

The Destiny community was so active in honor of Lance's memory all weekend, truly a sight to behold. In lieu of diving deep into that, I instead opted to watch the whole Wick trilogy again ahead of seeing the 4th this weekend. Still can't believe he's gone.

I'm deep into the FFXIV community, and the more I ruminate on Lance's passing the more I can't help but imagine the inevitable passing of any of the beloved voice actors from XIV. Or, the Twelve forbid, Yoshi-P. My heart breaks for many in the community, doubly so given he seemed to actively play the game himself.

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
The-Wire-Bosch-Star-Lance-Reddick-Dead-a
PEOPLE.COM

According to the actor's death certificate, first obtained by TMZ, Reddick died of ischemic heart disease and atherosclerotic coronary artery disease.

OK well that's just sad and confusing. Could they still request an autopsy at this point to determine his true cause of death? 

19 minutes ago, Brick said:

OK well that's just sad and confusing. Could they still request an autopsy at this point to determine his true cause of death? 

My guess it would be up to his family and what was stated in his will. Perhaps it seems unbelievable right now but a person's ticker can run out at any time.

A similar thing happened to my dad. People said the same thing, "seemed perfectly healthy" and all that. People said they saw him the day before and he was just fine, the next day he's dead. They said "cardiac arrest," but I didn't need to know any more. He's gone now and knowing anything else won't bring him back. :(

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

11 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My guess it would be up to his family and what was stated in his will. Perhaps it seems unbelievable right now but a person's ticker can run out at any time.

A similar thing happened to my dad. People said the same thing, "seemed perfectly healthy" and all that. People said they saw him the day before and he was just fine, the next day he's dead. They said "cardiac arrest," but I didn't need to know any more. He's gone now and knowing anything else won't bring him back. :(

The way his lawyer worded it, it sounded like he suspected something else, something foul was the cause, like he had been poisoned or something. 

6 hours ago, Brick said:

The way his lawyer worded it, it sounded like he suspected something else, something foul was the cause, like he had been poisoned or something. 

It sounded like he was in disbelief. As in, "how could a healthy guy who works out all the time have heart disease and die?" It is shocking but it couldn't be many other things.

• 4 months later...

I’ve said this elsewhere; I love and adore Keith David. But he and Lance have very different styles and cadences. I am interested to see how he approaches the character, but I wonder if Zavala will just feel like different person. I hope he nails it, because I don’t ever want to think Kieth David wasn’t right for any role he does. 

I mean it's a fictional character so they can do what they want but somehow Lance became bigger than Zavala, losing him was basically like losing the character.

Now it's kind of awkward what they are going for they could use any voice. Were they going for someone who sounds like him (because Keith David does not) were they going for a big name? (seems to be the case) and then they gotta make sure it's a black guy so it makes it a little bit more awkward.

Which they could have avoided if they did a send off and brought in a new character.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I mean it's a fictional character so they can do what they want but somehow Lance became bigger than Zavala, losing him was basically like losing the character.

Now it's kind of awkward what they are going for they could use any voice. Were they going for someone who sounds like him (because Keith David does not) were they going for a big name? (seems to be the case) and then they gotta make sure it's a black guy so it makes it a little bit more awkward.

Which they could have avoided if they did a send off and brought in a new character.

I think there's still so much they have planned for Zavala that it would have been too late to just change the script, and scrap all that work, just to instead bring in a new character. It'd be awkward. I don't think they're just trying to get a big name, just someone who is an experienced voice actor, and has gravitas, which David absolutely does even if it's a very different and distinct voice than Reddick's. It would also be a bit awkward to retire the character when there are different voice actors for each of the different languages Destiny 2 is available in, even if English was the native one. There was really never an easy solution to this, but I respect Bungie's decision. I have a feeling Zavala's character arc might be coming to an end soon as well. Just the way he's been written, and gone through the last couple of years I wouldn't be surprised if he dies either during or after The Final Shape but before the new saga. 

• Sad 1

I’ll be honest, whether he was right for a part or not, if I found out Keith David wanted to work on something or I could get him for a role, I’d jump at it. 

but yeah, I almost feel like Keith David is too good a grab to replace a beloved character and talent like Lance Reddick. Who had been in the role, both in game and out, for nearly 10 years. I’d rather they get a sound alike to use until they can bring on Keith David as a new character that gets swapped out for Zavala for one reason or another. 

Maybe where this new character was another one Zavala fathered along, like Crow and Amanda Holiday. 

Still I won’t pass complete judgement on Keith in the role until I’ve heard it for myself. Looking around the community it seems Keith David is being welcomed in with open arms. So that’s a positive so far. Just about the only positive with D2 at the moment. lol