Could Nintendo be working on an N64 classic?

SaysWho?

1 hour ago, Pent said:

That's a solid list of games which would make excellent use of 4 controllers.  Nintendo would make so much money on just selling the extra controllers alone, because I'm sure they would overcharge for them.

And I don't know about Mario Party 2, but Mario Party 1 had a few mini games that would fuck up the analog sticks.

4 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Mario Party 1 had a few mini games that would fuck up the analog sticks.

As someone who's been watching Giant Bomb's Mario Party Party the mini game you're thinking of is the river one where you rotate the stick. Not sure if it fucks up the stick but it certainly fucks up your hand. :p

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

As someone who's been watching Giant Bomb's Mario Party Party the mini game you're thinking of is the river one where you rotate the stick. Not sure if it fucks up the stick but it certainly fucks up your hand. :p

Yeah that.  Also, while it's not a mini game, you have to try and fly Shy Guy around a room.  I was slightly obsessed with trying to get him to do a full lap, but I could never do it.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Also... Needs Turok. :p 

Here you go: https://store.steampowered.com/app/405820/Turok/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/turok/c3fdp0ntc0jm

17 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you want to play Turok you’d be better off going the reissue rather than the faithful fog ridden original version.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No, I want it on the N64 classic. I’d be better off playing all of these games via emu super-sampled to like 12k resolution, but that’s not the point of these classic edition consoles.

I don't think this thing releases without Goldeneye. Nintendo will do whatever is necessary to make that happen.

Sure it would still be successful without it, but Goldeneye will take it to the next level. And of course they will only pack in 2 controllers, which means many will be buying two more for 4 player madness. Goldeneye, Mario Kart, Mario Party, and Smash.

Personally I hope they have The New Tetris. Best multiplayer Tetris game ever made with one of the greatest soundtracks of all time.

I would be surprised if they where not working on one.

I will buy it because I'm a sucker for Nintendo. However the N64 is also my least favorite console from nintendo. Not saying it is bad just the least played console for me going back to play. However when I talk to friends about old consoles many of them have great memories on the N64. This would be nice for me in that it is a party console. I could see bring this over to a friends house for some Mario Kart 64 and such.

6 hours ago, mikechorney said:

No...

Goldeneye

Perfect Dark

Blast Corps

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

Banjo Kazooie

How can it be representative of N64 without them?

Not to mention Jet Force Gemini or Shadows of the Empire. Or any of the WWF games. 

Though if it has Pokémon Puzzle League that’ll help ease the pain.