DF: Stranded on Wii U - The best games never ported to Switch

crispy4000

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

Paper Mario: Color Splash

You've offended me deeply twice over by:

1. This awful contraction

2. Wanting this awful game!

Legit one of the worst games I've ever played. The tedium of doing a basic attack was fucking insane.

Now imagine at LEAST that much bullshit for EVERY SINGLE ATTACK IN THE GAME. And for completely shitty unrewarding battles! Goddamn the Paper Mario team for sucking so much ass!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Legit one of the worst games I've ever played. The tedium of doing a basic attack was fucking insane.

Now imagine at LEAST that much bullshit for EVERY SINGLE ATTACK IN THE GAME. And for completely shitty unrewarding battles! Goddamn the Paper Mario team for sucking so much ass!

lol well tbf I hadn’t read impressions exactly this brutal before, some people seemed to think Paper Origami* was similar to it? I like that one a lot actually so I thought maybe it would be more like that and less like Sticker Star. Sticker Star I fucking hated and it’s one of the biggest disappointments for me ever.

*writing it this way out of spite 

I’m still holding out hope we’ll get Switch conversions of WWHD, TPHD, and XCX, especially the latter because there are a lot of optimizations to be had including the object pop in, higher resolution, tweaks to the UI, so text is more legible on a small screen, higher quality sound, etc. 

The former two could use really just improved frame rates, and higher resolutions, and call it good. 

17 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Wow, what were they thinking? That is hella bad.

Right? This is the first time I've seen that too, and holy fuck. I don't know how many fans of Color Splash (all five fans I'm sure) actually will defend this method of attacking, but it is seriously appalling.

Wonder if modders improved the game by removing that via emulation or something.

Color Splash is awful. I have it. Just fundamentally bad. I really disliked Origami King, but that’s a competent game next to Color Splash.

The only WiiU game I sometimes think of going back to is ZombieU. I have no illusion that it’s a great game, but I definitely enjoyed it around launch.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

Part of me wants to go back and finish the Star Fox Zero levels I never did.  But the fact that the opposite branching path into venom apparently doesn't change the final boss at all sort of kills my desire.

Is it too much to ask for Star Fox Zero on the Switch, but with not wild dual screen controls? It's the number one game I want ported over from the Wii U.

Well, that and Nintendo Land, but I have no idea how Nintendo Land could be done. It would definitely have to be a two Switch game.

4 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Is it too much to ask for Star Fox Zero on the Switch, but with not wild dual screen controls? It's the number one game I want Peter over from the Wii U.

Removing the god awful dual screen controls would make the game good and possibly a top selling Switch release. I’ve been holding out hope that Nintendo would release it on Switch but it seems increasingly unlikely

13 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Color Splash is awful. I have it. Just fundamentally bad. I really disliked Origami King, but that’s a competent game next to Color Splash.

The only WiiU game I sometimes think of going back to is ZombieU. I have no illusion that it’s a great game, but I definitely enjoyed it around launch.

I never finished ZombiU back in the day, and was always so concerned about dying, and then never finding my zombified version of myself. And then I remember there were the random players that became zombified, and you could kill them to loot their shit before they could. I wonder if that feature will still exist after March 27th, or if it's already been shut down.

Hell, can I even play ZombiU on Wii U still? (I sure hope so.)

12 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Is it too much to ask for Star Fox Zero on the Switch, but with not wild dual screen controls? It's the number one game I want ported over from the Wii U.

Well Skyward Sword got ported, even if it’s a bit convoluted to make it work.

I don’t think you could do SF Zero so easily without fundamentally redesigning it.  It’d both be simultaneously too easy and hard with a standard control scheme