Zack Snyder Teases 'Full Circle' Darkseid Announcement

47 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Am I having a stroke? Darkseid was not the main villain of BvS… right???

The quality you expect from IGN! Definitely a mixup as Darkseid wasn't introduced until Justice League where he was the Thanos figure in the background. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I liked Zack Snyder's Justice League (the Snyder cut) despite absolutely loathing Batman v Superman, even in its "ultimate cut" form. So let's see what this is. I was perfectly happy with Snyder not being in the DC universe anymore either. Comics are an interesting route.

I just didn’t like any part of anything he did after MoS. I despise Justice League, and I think Whedon getting blame for that is hilarious, he had nothing to work with. The Snyder Cut was a horribly long self mastabatory spectacle. BvS was just awful. 

Batman with guns. That alone should have gotten him fired. 

And do I need to write an essay about the horrible way he killed Jonathan Kent? The point of the original Heart Attack was to teach Clark that no matter how powerful he was, he couldn’t save everyone. Instead we get a Superman who just stands by and lets his father die.

Thise two egregious mistakes are the things that bothered me most about all of his meddling with characters. He’s a great director, but it just seems like he never cared about the source material, or just didn’t understand the characters. 

No matter how unhappy the snyder fanboys are, I’m excited to see Gunn reboot this. He’s proved to me that he understands comic characters, so I’m happy he’s taking a shot at it.

• Halal 1

It really does feel this is the comic road about to be laid out… If it is then folks will finally get to see the extend of Zacks bonker “ideas”…. the pregnant Lois, evil Superman, dead Batman… thing always read like the unholy union of Injustice and the worst of Frank Millers Batman..

I say this even as I truly enjoy MOS, and really liked  the Snyder Cut (little less chanting during Wonder Woman please)

8 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

It really does feel this is the comic road about to be laid out… If it is then folks will finally get to see the extend of Zacks bonker “ideas”…. the pregnant Lois, evil Superman, dead Batman… thing always read like the unholy union of Injustice and the worst of Frank Millers Batman..

I say this even as I truly enjoy MOS, and really liked  the Snyder Cut (little less chanting during Wonder Woman please)

The terrorist scene with Wonder Woman in the Snyder cut is fucking unhinged. It’s wild that even he thought that was a good idea. 

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What happens? I haven't, nor ever will see, the Snyder cut.

She dashes the terrorists against the wall like the Whedon version but there are blood splatters behind them so it’s clear she’s clicking heads and killing them. And then the main terrorist gets killed when Wonder Woman snaps her bracelets at him, so she blows him to kingdom come. All in front of the kids she’s allegedly inspiring. 

• Halal 1

19 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I just didn’t like any part of anything he did after MoS. I despise Justice League, and I think Whedon getting blame for that is hilarious, he had nothing to work with. The Snyder Cut was a horribly long self mastabatory spectacle. BvS was just awful. 

Batman with guns. That alone should have gotten him fired. 

And do I need to write an essay about the horrible way he killed Jonathan Kent? The point of the original Heart Attack was to teach Clark that no matter how powerful he was, he couldn’t save everyone. Instead we get a Superman who just stands by and lets his father die.

Thise two egregious mistakes are the things that bothered me most about all of his meddling with characters. He’s a great director, but it just seems like he never cared about the source material, or just didn’t understand the characters. 

No matter how unhappy the snyder fanboys are, I’m excited to see Gunn reboot this. He’s proved to me that he understands comic characters, so I’m happy he’s taking a shot at it.

Hey, I don't disagree - lots of people had similar problems. I'm not so beholden to comic books that I cared about the changes like Batman with guns. So long as an idea is done well or is well executed, I'm usually game. However, Snyder didn't usually hit the mark but I felt Man of Steel and the Snyder cut had cool and fun shit in it.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Hey, I don't disagree - lots of people had similar problems. I'm not so beholden to comic books that I cared about the changes like Batman with guns. So long as an idea is done well or is well executed, I'm usually game. However, Snyder didn't usually hit the mark but I felt Man of Steel and the Snyder cut had cool and fun shit in it.

I don’t feel like characters need to be kept under glass and never tampered with ever under any circumstance, but I do feel that if you’re going to make a fundamental change to who they are it has to be in conversation with something.  You want to give Batman guns?  Fine.  Make this an interesting divergence, explore what that means, why this Batman does it, what makes him different from the traditional Batman.

Snyder never does this.  He’s a twelve year old boy that thinks super heroes are pussies and it would be way more badass if they killed people and stopped being whiny little shits about it.  It’s why every Snyder Superman sucks.  He wants all the heroism, all the ham fisted Jesus imagery he can shove in like he’s making christian allegory foie gras, but he doesn’t actually like Superman being heroic.  Self sacrifice?  Effort for others?  What’s that?

The Pa Kent scene is the absolute pinnacle of this bullshit.  Yes Clark, you could EASILY prevent this buuut… it might make your life slightly more complicated so don’t.  I’m willing to die to teach you the lesson that you shouldn’t lift your super finger if it makes shit a hassle for you in even the smallest way.  

• Thanks 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 2

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

I don’t feel like characters need to be kept under glass and never tampered with ever under any circumstance, but I do feel that if you’re going to make a fundamental change to who they are it has to be in conversation with something.  You want to give Batman guns?  Fine.  Make this an interesting divergence, explore what that means, why this Batman does it, what makes him different from the traditional Batman.

Snyder never does this.  He’s a twelve year old boy that thinks super heroes are pussies and it would be way more badass if they killed people and stopped being whiny little shits about it.  It’s why every Snyder Superman sucks.  He wants all the heroism, all the ham fisted Jesus imagery he can shove in like he’s making christian allegory foie gras, but he doesn’t actually like Superman being heroic.  Self sacrifice?  Effort for others?  What’s that?

The Pa Kent scene is the absolute pinnacle of this bullshit.  Yes Clark, you could EASILY prevent this buuut… it might make your life slightly more complicated so don’t.  I’m willing to die to teach you the lesson that you shouldn’t lift your super finger if it makes shit a hassle for you in even the smallest way.  

Like I said, I agree with you - I said as much with Snyder usually missing the mark with fundamental changes in my previous post, but at least it's different and interesting. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was a hot dumpster fire of a movie, but I'm not ready to throw Man of Steel or the Snyder cut into that same pile. Yes, the Pa Kent scene in MOS is stupid (among other things) and yes, Wonder Woman going ape shit, killing terrorists in front of kids who then idolize her in front of the carnage is stupid. Killing Jimmy Olsen is not edgy, it feels dumb. Making two Martha's a thing. But isolated moments or scenes, certain dumb plot or character developments, etc. don't detract from a lot of, as I said, cool and fun shit Snyder also does in his movies. I mean, it's not like the MCU doesn't frequently have numerous dumb character turns or plot developments of magical mumbo jumbo it's just Snyder's stuff feels more offensive or egregious. I still think his technical filmmaking abilities are very good and I'm not ready to shred all of his DCU movies to the same degree. I think, as usual, film analyst/essayist Patrick H Willems nails the good and the bad with Snyder, I like Snyder a bit more than he does and yet I still thought the whole video was compelling.

• Thanks 1

Assuming it’s a comic, I have no idea what his sensibilities would be. The extent to which his movies work is because he does have a knack for producing great visual flare. But his edginess coupled with slick production was novel when he was coming up. Edginess has been a part of mainstream comics since Miller and Moore (among others of course) blew shit up in the 80s. Snyder cannot out-brood the masters in their own medium, so…

• True 1
  • Halal 1

23 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Like I said, I agree with you - I said as much with Snyder usually missing the mark with fundamental changes in my previous post, but at least it's different and interesting. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was a hot dumpster fire of a movie, but I'm not ready to throw Man of Steel or the Snyder cut into that same pile. Yes, the Pa Kent scene in MOS is stupid (among other things) and yes, Wonder Woman going ape shit, killing terrorists in front of kids who then idolize her in front of the carnage is stupid. Killing Jimmy Olsen is not edgy, it feels dumb. Making two Martha's a thing. But isolated moments or scenes, certain dumb plot or character developments, etc. don't detract from a lot of, as I said, cool and fun shit Snyder also does in his movies. I mean, it's not like the MCU doesn't frequently have numerous dumb character turns or plot developments of magical mumbo jumbo it's just Snyder's stuff feels more offensive or egregious. I still think his technical filmmaking abilities are very good and I'm not ready to shred all of his DCU movies to the same degree. I think, as usual, film analyst/essayist Patrick H Willems nails the good and the bad with Snyder, I like Snyder a bit more than he does and yet I still thought the whole video was compelling.

I’m mot questions Snyder’s ability to make occasional arresting images, even while I deeply hate MoS I can admit there are portions that are striking.  It’s just everything else he sucks at. 

• Halal 1

43 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Assuming it’s a comic, I have no idea what his sensibilities would be. The extent to which his movies work is because he does have a knack for producing great visual flare. But his edginess coupled with slick production was novel when he was coming up. Edginess has been a part of mainstream comics since Miller and Moore (among others of course) blew shit up in the 80s. Snyder cannot out-brood the masters in their own medium, so…

Double assuming it's a comic and it's a continuation/wrapup of the Snyderverse story then I suspect his role will be relatively minor. They're going to grab some combo of writer and artist that make a compelling and unique style together(Or in theory will), and Zack will mostly be there to lay out the overall story and story beats of how the movies would have gone ending with the Injustice movie(If this isn't just straight to Injustice altogether).

26 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I’m mot questions Snyder’s ability to make occasional arresting images, even while I deeply hate MoS I can admit there are portions that are striking.  It’s just everything else he sucks at. 

Yeah, I don't think I can go as far as saying: "he has some striking images" and he's just terrible at absolutely everything else. The youtube video is pretty good, I'd give it a skim.

6 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

She dashes the terrorists against the wall like the Whedon version but there are blood splatters behind them so it’s clear she’s clicking heads and killing them. And then the main terrorist gets killed when Wonder Woman snaps her bracelets at him, so she blows him to kingdom come. All in front of the kids she’s allegedly inspiring. 

He missed the point of pretty much every comic book character he's ever tackled except for the 300 Spartans. He even got The Watchemen wrong particularly Rorhsach. He REALLY doesn't understand Superman at all.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, TheShader said:

Double assuming it's a comic and it's a continuation/wrapup of the Snyderverse story then I suspect his role will be relatively minor. They're going to grab some combo of writer and artist that make a compelling and unique style together(Or in theory will), and Zack will mostly be there to lay out the overall story and story beats of how the movies would have gone ending with the Injustice movie(If this isn't just straight to Injustice altogether).

He'll probably write it but they would have to team him with a pretty good artist in order for it to have the same impact of his films. His imagery is pretty much the most interesting thing about his filmmaking. Fortunately for him, DC has some pretty good artists that are exclusive to them including Ivan Ries, Jorge Jimenez and Jim Lee. I think any of these three fit his sensibility. I don't know if this will have anything to do with Injustice because DC is already building up to a pretty big Injustice storyline featuring Superman's son Jon Kent going to the Injustice Universe and the reprecussions of that meeting between him and Injustice Superman and Batman. 

Whatever Snyder's thing will be, it will probably be self contained and targeted at his fans and will serve to wrap up his Snyderverse plans that he had set up in Justice League. 

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Whatever Snyder's thing will be, it will probably be self contained and targeted at his fans and will serve to wrap up his Snyderverse plans that he had set up in Justice League.

Which would be the Injustice stuff. Which, to be clear, 'Injustice' in this context isn't specifically referring to the actual Injustice universe or story. It's just what's become shorthand for the future timeline in which Zack was working toward as it was evident he was taking at least partial influence from Injustice. So that's what people, at least that I've seen, tend to refer to that timeline/storyline as.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, TheShader said:

Which would be the Injustice stuff. Which, to be clear, 'Injustice' in this context isn't specifically referring to the actual Injustice universe or story. It's just what's become shorthand for the future timeline in which Zack was working toward as it was evident he was taking at least partial influence from Injustice. So that's what people, at least that I've seen, tend to refer to that timeline/storyline as.

It would be weird for DC to do two seperate Injustice events at the same time unless they are planning on tying them in somehow. To be honest I thought they had pretty much wrapped up the Injustice storyline in the comics with the Injustice/Master of the Universe crossover awhile back. I'm curious to see what they do. His take on the DCU may be more suited to an Elseworlds story than being the defining presentation of the Universe to the public through the movies. I'll be checking out whatever he ends up doing.

Yeah, I didn't think that they were going to let him make anything new. Some IMAX showtimes is about as much as anyone should have expected from this.

I'll go to bat for Snyder's Watchmen, and I like MoS (though Pa Kent is nearly a deal breaker), but after that I don't find much of his DC stuff particularly defensible. I think Batman Vs Superman was about the closest I've gotten to actual anger at a movie, and I'm not a comic book guy.

• Halal 2

I'm not going to link an article just cause I think it's pointless for a tiny quoted sentence, but apparently at one point a graphic novel was on the table. Snyder while discussing the possibility of completing his story through a graphic novel:

“But I would really enjoy that if it was a possibility. There was a time we were gonna do that, and then there was a sort of change of desire, I guess.”