'Love & Death' - True Crime Story on HBOMax April 27th w/ Elizabeth Olsen & Jesse Plemons

40 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Jesse Plemons aka "Fat Matt Damon".

He really aged himself poorly given he was completely fit in Friday Night Lights. Guess some people truly don't care about their health, or are trying to fill a niche in acting roles. Philip Seymour Hoffman comes to mind when I think of Jesse Plemons.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

He really aged himself poorly given he was completely fit in Friday Night Lights. Guess some people truly don't care about their health, or are trying to fill a niche in acting roles. Philip Seymour Hoffman comes to mind when I think of Jesse Plemons.

There may be some underlying health issues that he has because he was also pretty fit in Breaking Bad which is where I first saw him. By the time he gets to Fargo, he's pretty much where he is now. Initially I thought he gained the weight in Fargo for the role. Now I'm thinking there may be something going on with him.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

There may be some underlying health issues that he has because he was also pretty fit in Breaking Bad which is where I first saw him. By the time he gets to Fargo, he's pretty much where he is now. Initially I thought he gained the weight in Fargo for the role. Now I'm thinking there may be something going on with him.

It's very possible he is dealing with alcohol or drug addiction issues no doubt. Another reason I am sad to compare him to Philip Seymour Hoffman. His body really went by the wayside.

17 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's very possible he is dealing with alcohol or drug addiction issues no doubt. Another reason I am sad to compare him to Philip Seymour Hoffman. His body really went by the wayside.

Again, I don't know what his health issues are or if there are even any. I do think it's a tad presumptuous to jump right to "he may have a drug or alchohol problem." He very well could... or he could have a thyroid condition, or kidney problems... or he could just be a guy whose content with having a very average American dad bod. We don't know... there are PLENTY of actors in Hollywood who have drinking and substance abuse problems but you would never know from their appearance. Jon Hamm jumps to mind as his drinking issues are well documented. You would never know to look at the guy though. The reverse could also be true and Plemmons could just be comfortable settling into middle age without the pressures of maintaining an unnatural physique for movie roles. It definitely doesn't seem to be affecting his career.

Anyway I'll be checking out the show when it comes out. I like true crime shit and the cast seems solid.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Again, I don't know what his health issues are or if there are even any. I do think it's a tad presumptuous to jump right to "he may have a drug or alchohol problem." He very well could... or he could have a thyroid condition, or kidney problems... or he could just be a guy whose content with having a very average American dad bod. We don't know... there are PLENTY of actors in Hollywood who have drinking and substance abuse problems but you would never know from their appearance. Jon Hamm jumps to mind as his drinking issues are well documented. You would never know to look at the guy though. The reverse could also be true and Plemmons could just be comfortable settling into middle age without the pressures of maintaining an unnatural physique for movie roles. It definitely doesn't seem to be affecting his career.

Anyway I'll be checking out the show when it comes out. I like true crime shit and the cast seems solid.

I mean, I don't know. Just saying it's a stark contrast is all.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

the comments made me think plemons was fuckin huge. he’s overweight, guys. doesn’t mean he is abusing drugs or something. plemons was like 18-19 when he went on FNL. plenty of people who are overweight. 

For real. He’s about my age and he reminds me of me, regarding the weight issue(something I’m working on). 

He’s not huge and people often don’t look the same in their mid 30s as they did in their teenage years. I would know. I’m sure the fuck not on drugs, nor do I have an alcohol problem. 

• Halal 1

7 hours ago, SoberChef said:

To be fair, while alcohol/substance use COULD explain his physical shape, there's also the fact that he could be on mental health meds that the side effects are weight gain & water retention.

That said, let's talk about this show & how great it looks!

Sorry, this is now a Jesse Plemons Healthwatch thread. 

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Dude's weight keeps going in only one direction and he's only 34 years old. I assure you unless he changes something and it keeps going in one direction still things won't look good 10 years from now for him. I'm not currently worried about his health, but I will be in time. 

sure, being overweight isn’t good. think it’s a stretch to talk about substance abuse at this point considering he isn’t THAT big. 

13 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

A lot of people are overweight. Most of them aren't addicts.

He recently married his long time partner and has two young children. He's probably just content. Jumping to drugs or booze is a weird thing.

I don't think anyone's jumping to those conclusions. Skillz mentioned it and I agreed that it was possible, which it is.