Pikachu

Out now FYI. @johnny

I only played a bit today, will probably finish in a day or two I’m sure. Feels already happening. 

@Mr.Vic20 

Win2 stuff I tested/wrote up:

A lot of normal resolutions don’t work full screen, and you lose a lot of frames borderless. I set to 700x400p and that works full screen with a 133% scale which should be about 560p. AA on high as there is little cost, everything else on medium besides draw distance and shadows on low. Great iq like this.

Portable LIS 2!

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

Oh my God, you guys will love it! Dooooooo it. Have I not pushed this game enough since it became my goty?!

Its seriously so good, and is going to be so fun to play with your husband.

Im not shy about it, it’s my game of the gen so far and I’ve probably given like 20+ copies of it out and bought it on every platform including the ce just to own it and support them. I...kinda like it.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's just hard finding time together. We literally have no days off together, so all we get is Mon-Thurs 5-11pm. Between cooking and eating dinner, the cleanup, and him getting ready for bed, that time is actually significantly less. I've been fighting to get off weekends at work for months and it still hasn't happened. :/ 

Oh, well that sucks. :( 

Maybe you both could play it in your own time and talk to each other about your unique choices? That’s about as fun.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Nah, we'll get it done together. We finally managed to play The Walking Dead Season 3 this Summer(pissed off about not finishing the series). Supposedly, my boss is pretty close to making my request happen, so we'll see. 

Best wishes towards you that it happens, really hope it does.

Not just for my favorite game, but you know, in general.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It better, or I'm finding a new job. It sucks literally not having a single day off with your spouse. There's other things I'd like to do together, aside from just games.

I’d go on a rant about how under appreciated what you do is, and knowing you love helping people, how sad that is the case. But I’m just too worn down from today’s events. Bless you and what you do, seriously. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Oh my God, you guys will love it! Dooooooo it. Have I not pushed this game enough since it became my goty?!

Its seriously so good, and is going to be so fun to play with your husband.

Im not shy about it, it’s my game of the gen so far and I’ve probably given like 20+ copies of it out and bought it on every platform including the ce just to own it and support them. I...kinda like it.

Yeah, I've definitely bought and given away 10+ copies of the first game. Unfortunately, with the game having gone on sale so frequently and the first episode becoming free, owning the game is no longer the main impediment to playing it.

I am very apprehensive about playing the sequel to the greatest game of all time, but I am looking forward to doing so tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Moa said:

Yeah, I've definitely bought and given away 10+ copies of the first game. Unfortunately, with the game having gone on sale so frequently and the first episode becoming free, owning the game is no longer the main impediment to playing it.

I am very apprehensive about playing the sequel to the greatest game of all time, but I am looking forward to doing so tomorrow. 

I tried to upvote this twice but it wouldn’t let me :(

• Like 1

I'm not sure what to do with this one. I definitely enjoyed playing through each episode of the first game as they released. On the other hand, I'm also envious of the people who didn't play it until the whole thing was out. I don't listen to a bunch of gaming podcasts or visit many sites these days, so my chances of being spoiled are pretty low. 

23 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I'm not sure what to do with this one. I definitely enjoyed playing through each episode of the first game as they released. On the other hand, I'm also envious of the people who didn't play it until the whole thing was out. I don't listen to a bunch of gaming podcasts or visit many sites these days, so my chances of being spoiled are pretty low. 

I think that arriving late to the party made my experience of the first game much better, but I also have no self-control and am going to play the hell out of this.

I was ambivalent about the entire prospect of a named sequel since that is a hell of an act to follow, and I have some concerns about whether or not the game will feel fair without the time travel mechanic, but I also have tremendous faith in the developers after they managed to package startling nuance into Captain Spirit.

I could, have, and will talk for days about these games, but I figure I should just go play it first.

Update: Excellent start. Spoiler regarding whether or not to play the game as it comes out or wait for it all to come out

Spoiler

It Seems like LiS 2 is going to take place over a much longer span of time than the original and the release schedule might mirror the passage of time in-universe. I personally enjoyed playing through the first game in the span of about a week so that time passed similar for me as I was playing the game as it did for the characters in the game, and I am happy to see that this might happen in the sequel if I play the episodes as they release.

One of the best things about LiS and Before the Storm was that I felt like the actions and emotions of the characters mirrored how I felt playing the game, meaning that I knew that it was a decisions matter game so I felt as uncertain, cautious, and over-analytical playing the game as Max's character was portrayed throughout the game. I am feeling much the same closeness and empathy towards Sean as I did with Max, Chloe, and Chris, so I feel like I personally can take responsibilities for what the character is doing.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Moa said:

I'm just going to wait for it all to be out. It's too hard to stay engaged with breaks lasting several months. I think I'll enjoy the finished product the most if I can play it all at the same time.

Yeah, I've downloaded the first episode when it hit Game Pass, but I'm probably going to wait until the final episode is close to releasing. 

• 2 months later...

So I finished the game playing through acts 2-5 over the last week and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. The game is totally fine, but it felt pretty hollow compared to LiS. My biggest issue with the game is the pacing, each episode begins with what is pretty much a reset from the last one and none of what happens before the last 10-15 minutes of each episode ever comes back up. There was never much tension in the story since from the outset we knew that we were going to Mexico, so the ultimate conclusion of every conflict until you get there has to be preordained. The original game juggled so many conflicts effortlessly (Time?, Chloe?, Rachel?, Storm?, etc) while this game was monomaniacal in its focus. I felt like my head was buzzing with so much going on while playing the original that I welcomed the moments when the game hit the brakes and told me to chill out, listen to the music, and pick up some fucking bottles. In this game I just wanted to see what was going to happen and the interstitial moments felt more like a chore. At a certain point it felt like this game just existed because it had to, and I worry about their next project since it seems to be coming so soon after this. 

Also the use of music was super disappointing relative to the first game. With the exception of

Spoiler

D.A.N.C.E

the music integration felt uninspired and we didn't get the strong moments like the hallway scene, the obstacles montage, the end of the game, etc.

Spoiler

I felt really let down that the final montage was set to the same theme that had been playing throughout the game. Off the top of my head I can think of three songs that could've made for a more emotional conclusion. 

EASY, it's literally perfect and these games have always just been Sufjan Stevens or

Mountain Goats songs anyway. 

Not as literally perfect but could've been nice. 

More political and metaphorical, but the end did occur on the 4th of July after all.

LiS 1: 100/10

LiS 2: 7/10