Red Dead Redemption II | Official Thread of Shrinking Equine Testicles

Commissar SFLUFAN

29 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

If you don't have an X...

Gamestop is currently offering $200-$300 on the trade of your existing Xbox, plus $100 off if you buy an Xbox and RDR2 together...

So...  trading in my launch XB1 would get me a white XB1X, digital version of Fallout 76 and digital version of RDR2 for...

$459 less $200 trade = $259

Would I be stupid NOT to do this?

Yeah, you need to take that deal! 

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

Overrated doesn’t have to mean bad. I don’t think any of Rockstar’s games are bad at all, but I think they do get a pass on a bunch of stuff because the polish in general is so high. Do I think their games are overrated? A bit. I always enjoy them, but I could never consider RDR one of the  best games of all time since so much of the experience of actually playing it is just fine. 

This. When I talk about Bethesda and Rockstar games being overrated I don’t mean they’re bad or even anything short of excellent. I just think it’s silly when these super hyped games get lauded as one of the greatest games of all time while they’re clear glaring faults are ignored. ??‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

God damnit. I thought after Zelda and The Witcher 3 these studios would learn to stop wasting our time with these boring 2 hour tutorial missions to open the game. JUST LET ME PLAY ILL FIGURE IT OUT

I don’t mind it with rockstar’s gameplay. Always takes me extra time to get comfortable and it lets them introduce the story and characters without me dying in the beginning. 

5 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

God damnit. I thought after Zelda and The Witcher 3 these studios would learn to stop wasting our time with these boring 2 hour tutorial missions to open the game. JUST LET ME PLAY ILL FIGURE IT OUT

I know right? I hate tutorials. This is why I didn’t start playing this at midnight. I knew it would be like sitting in a classroom.  Lol. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I know right? I hate tutorials. This is why I didn’t start playing this at midnight. I knew it would be like sitting in a classroom.  Lol. 

Like I don’t mind tutorial messages popping up but don’t completely lock stuff UNTIL the tutorial part. Don’t tell me about Stamina but the lock me from running right after so I don’t have time to really experiment with how it works. Just let me play the damn game and if you want to give me some tips about stuff from time to time then great. 

I played until chapter 2 last night and I'm digging it so far.The characters really shine and there's a lot of depth here. Game looks gorgeous and sounds amazing. I really hope Rockstar goes all in one day and just makes a full on RPG ALA The Witcher or Ass. Creed Origins/Odyssey. That said I don't like having to tap A to sprint and I'm hopping I can change that. Also the aim Assist is too aggressive so I turned that down too... getting aiming to work right in Rockstar games has always been a chore but it IS possible with the right amount of tweaking. Couple of tips...

Loot corpses quickly because if you don't your gang members will do it and hoard valuable loot.

search everything that's searchable, there's almost always some good stuff (ammo, consumables, sellable items etc.)

Pet your horse often.

pay attention to your health and stamina because you WILL need to eat.

I just left the tutorial area and went to bed and probably won't be able to get much more game time in until tomorrow but this sucker is gonna keep me busy for a long time. Looking forward to seeing what Rockstar does with the online... game is perfect for a survival pvp mode.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, mikechorney said:

If you don't have an X...

Gamestop is currently offering $200-$300 on the trade of your existing Xbox, plus $100 off if you buy an Xbox and RDR2 together...

So...  trading in my launch XB1 would get me a white  black XB1X, digital version of Fallout 76  State of Decay 2 and digital version of RDR2 for...

$459 less $200 trade = $259

Would I be stupid NOT to do this?

Edit:  Only stackable with State of Decay 2 Bundle which is not available near me.

Wait, wait, wait, MIKE!!!!!

So, I buy RDRII, and an X1X, for $459 - $200 trade in for my X1 1TB Solid State = $259, plus 2 year warranty of $60 plus tax (8.75% here in Erie County and I believe the warranty is taxed, too)...carry the 1...So that is $346.91 for a 1X and RDRII.

...Frick how do I walk away from that?!

Pain in the ass to re-program my harmony one in the living room...still not a good enough excuse not to do it.

23 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

People still insist that GTAIV and V are overrated games, huh? Someone must love GTAV as it is eternally in the top 10 on NPD month after month:p When did that game come out again?

Yes, that's me. 

I wouldn't say overrated as a whole since I think that's a bit self-indulgent, especially looking at the sales figures, but for me personally they feel like spectacle and edge over tight and challenging gameplay. I think they're impressive and cool concepts but actually playing them is an exercise in sluggish tedium to me. 

GTAV especially managed to turn me off within an hour and I sold it. I only played GTAIV about a third through because I liked the main character and story. 

1 hour ago, BuckFly said:

Wait, wait, wait, MIKE!!!!!

So, I buy RDRII, and an X1X, for $459 - $200 trade in for my X1 1TB Solid State = $259, plus 2 year warranty of $60 plus tax (8.75% here in Erie County and I believe the warranty is taxed, too)...carry the 1...So that is $346.91 for a 1X and RDRII.

...Frick how do I walk away from that?!

Pain in the ass to re-program my harmony one in the living room...still not a good enough excuse not to do it.

My math is wrong.  I still need to account for the purchase of the game.

So really, $459 - $200 (trade in) - $100 (game purchase) =159 + $65 (game) +60 (warranty) x 1.0875 (tax) = $308.85

So maybe I'm a dummy, but I'm having trouble with the controls. When I was attacked by wolves, it was L2 to focus on one, hold R2 to ready my shotgun, let go of R2 to fire. That tripped me up. 

Later, I'm given the option of sparing three dudes or killing them. My options are "Threaten (triangle)" or "Draw Weapon R2 (I think)". I went with Threaten, which was apparently was the spare option. As they're leaving, I'm pretty sure it said "Aim Weapon R2". I figured I would do that to sorta keep threatening them, but no. I immediately shoot the dude closest to me, without letting go of R2. I guess maybe because it was my pistol and not the shotgun, but it doesn't make sense why they would operate differently. 

It also messed me up at first that when using the rifle, you have pull the trigger again between each shot, but I figured that out quick enough.  

Shit, maybe I'm the problem, the reason why we have all these tutorials. I might actually need more!

5 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

So maybe I'm a dummy, but I'm having trouble with the controls. When I was attacked by wolves, it was L2 to focus on one, hold R2 to ready my shotgun, let go of R2 to fire. That tripped me up. 

Later, I'm given the option of sparing three dudes or killing them. My options are "Threaten (triangle)" or "Draw Weapon R2 (I think)". I went with Threaten, which was apparently was the spare option. As they're leaving, I'm pretty sure it said "Aim Weapon R2". I figured I would do that to sorta keep threatening them, but no. I immediately shoot the dude closest to me, without letting go of R2. I guess maybe because it was my pistol and not the shotgun, but it doesn't make sense why they would operate differently. 

It also messed me up at first that when using the rifle, you have pull the trigger again between each shot, but I figured that out quick enough.  

Shit, maybe I'm the problem, the reason why we have all these tutorials. I might actually need more!

Leon is there any chance, and I am just spit balling on this, that you might just plain be a cold bloody killer?

Edit:  You don't need to make up excuses to us...we get it.

• Haha 1