Red Dead Redemption II | Official Thread of Shrinking Equine Testicles

Commissar SFLUFAN

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do we know if the physical version of the game will require two discs? And good luck downloading the digital version PS4 players :lol:

Pre-load starts tomorrow. At least that’s what my digital copy says. Hopefully it will be finished in time. :lol:

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

i never understood why Playstation needed extra space for the game to Install... one of you tech guys wanna explain?Took me a while to figure that out one day :p

It has to do with the PS4's way of allocating space for the download and the unpacking of the files during the installation process.  Steam operates in pretty much the same way.

There is nothing even wrong with getting it early. I mean, fucking Namco gave streamers DS3 for free and they got to play the whole thing like a whole week early. Sure, I was jelly that I didn't get the game sooner but it really doesn't matter. 

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wow that's fucked up... I have a mom and pop shop near me that breaks street dates all the time.

Part of the problem :p but it's not like big stores don't do it as well....  Good ole i'll give you it early but will ring you out tomorrow.  

19 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

i never understood why Playstation needed extra space for the game to Install... one of you tech guys wanna explain?Took me a while to figure that out one day :p

I just recently went in search for this answer because I had the same question. From the many answers that I found it seems that your PS4 'rebuilds' the game and installs it again once you DL an update. That's why you'll need extra space available. So if a game is 60GB, you'll need at least 60GB free. 

4 minutes ago, bladimir2k said:

I just recently went in search for this answer because I had the same question. From the many answers that I found it seems that your PS4 'rebuilds' the game and installs it again once you DL an update. That's why you'll need extra space available. So if a game is 60GB, you'll need at least 60GB free. 

Ah I see.

2 hours ago, eggydoo said:

Part of the problem :p but it's not like big stores don't do it as well....  Good ole i'll give you it early but will ring you out tomorrow.  

Yeah when I get games early from the mom and pop store they di the same thing. They take the cash but dont ring it up and give you written receipt.  you van come back and get the real receipt later.  I haven't bought a game from them for awhile though because of all the discounts from Best Buy and Amazon.

I ended up getting the Ultimate Digital version from the Xbox store as neither Best Buy nor Amazon had any preorder discounts. I used the 25 dollars I had in credit at best buy to but 100 dollars worth of digital xbox gift cards, then bought the game from the Xbox store. It was downloading when I left the house... preload is about 88 gigs.

Now that I"m getting this at launch I'm excited. The only Rockstar game I've played is RDR. I actually haven't been following this much at all, so I'm going in completely blind about any story or game mechanics. Just give me a horse (with balls) and the open wilderness and I'll be set for the next month.