Red Dead Redemption II | Official Thread of Shrinking Equine Testicles

I'm having a difficult time finding legendary animals via the map they provide you. It's so much more condensed that it's very difficult to find the area on the in-game map. 

I spent 3 hours yesterday looking for a legendary animal that wasn't where the map they give you said it was. No big deal overall because I really enjoy exploring the world. I love this game. 

16 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't know why this game is still on my shelf. Sometimes I tell myself I'll try it again, then I read about it and I'm reminded of why I quit the first time.

You really should try and give it another go, it really is great. The small issues are nothing once you get accustomed to them.

9 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm having a difficult time finding legendary animals via the map they provide you. It's so much more condensed that it's very difficult to find the area on the in-game map. 

I spent 3 hours yesterday looking for a legendary animal that wasn't where the map they give you said it was. No big deal overall because I really enjoy exploring the world. I love this game. 

Yeah kinda the way the game is, it's meant for adventure so I don't mind. I am currently down to my last two pelts needed for the Legend of the east satchel, I need a Cougar pelt and a deer pelt which ain't nothing but hunting down a cougar is rather hard.

I killed 3 perfect cougars tonight with poison arrows. BUT... I had a few perfect pelts on my horse earlier and then got killed by wolves. You wake up and you lose your pelts. So that blew.

59 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I killed 3 perfect cougars tonight with poison arrows. BUT... I had a few perfect pelts on my horse earlier and then got killed by wolves. You wake up and you lose your pelts. So that blew.

Where did you find them at? I'm West of Strawberry right now but not having any luck.

20 hours ago, best3444 said:

I believe you find footprints/droppings in that area and then use that to track where the animal is.

12 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

Where did you find them at? I'm West of Strawberry right now but not having any luck.

Yea, I'm north west of Strawberry. An icon of a cougar will show up. They are not very active at all!

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I believe you find footprints/droppings in that area and then use that to track where the animal is.

You first have to get a notification on screen that you've entered legendary animal territory. Then a white ? appears and that's when you begin to track them.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

Yea, I'm north west of Strawberry. An icon of a cougar will show up. They are not very active at all!

Well apparently they're nocturnal for the most part, so going to have to try again. As luck would have it I found 3 perfect Grizzly Bears lol but not one damn Cougar besides the one that attacked and killed me. I'm going to try an make some Potent Predator Bait as well it might help.

Update: got my perfect cougar pelt just need a perfect wolf pelt then I get the legend of the east satchel.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, best3444 said:

I looked up where the legendary cougar is. It's not where we are looking @BlueAngel

It's further south of Strawberry and Blackwater. I haven't been down that way. Imma try tonight.

Oh, I was just going after regular cougars to complete the satchel lol I don't think I've gone after the legendary one yet.

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

I looked up where the legendary cougar is. It's not where we are looking @BlueAngel

It's further south of Strawberry and Blackwater. I haven't been down that way. Imma try tonight.

Oh and if you haven't completed the main story don't try going near Blackwater you will die very quickly, wait until the Epilogue.

2 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Oh and if you haven't completed the main story don't try going near Blackwater you will die very quickly, wait until the Epilogue.

Lol yup. I tried to sneak through and that didn't work out to well. I'll have to wait like you said.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, best3444 said:

Lol yup. I tried to sneak through and that didn't work out to well. I'll have to wait like you said.

I imagine this is your first play through? If so I'll make sure I don't give away any spoilers. I'm slowly working my way through the story a mission or two a day, doing a lot of legendary hunting. Having just a blast exploring, no rush to beat it a second time.

8 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

I imagine this is your first play through? If so I'll make sure I don't give away any spoilers. I'm slowly working my way through the story a mission or two a day, doing a lot of legendary hunting. Having just a blast exploring, no rush to beat it a second time.

No. This is my second playthrough but I rushed through the story. I didn't hunt and explore like I'm doing now. I thought it was possible to hunt all legendary animals early on but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I'll slowly hunt and move the story along as well. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

Killed me a legendary bear that was difficult to find. Took two hours but I finally got his ass. Now to move the story along a little bit.

Could have killed that in chapter 2 lol.

1 hour ago, BlueAngel said:

Could have killed that in chapter 2 lol.

You mean when I went hunting with Hosea early on that bear we ran into was the legendary bear? I could have killed it then?

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

You mean when I went hunting with Hosea early on that bear we ran into was the legendary bear? I could have killed it then?

Yep, my first play through I let it get away as I didn't think my weapons were good enough, but my second play through I am on now I killed it in chapter 2. Wasn't hard at all, then again non of them really are. 

• Thanks 1

I took two legendaries off my list, the ram and the elk. Was a good hunt, wound up with a perfect cougar and wolf pelt on the way to the trapper. Having the legendary buck trinket really helps in getting better pelts.

8 hours ago, BlueAngel said:

I took two legendaries off my list, the ram and the elk. Was a good hunt, wound up with a perfect cougar and wolf pelt on the way to the trapper. Having the legendary buck trinket really helps in getting better pelts.

What does the legendary buck trinket do?

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

What does the legendary buck trinket do?

It increase the chances of getting good or perfect pelts, it's a must have. Obviously it does nothing for Legendary animals as they're always perfect.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

It increase the chances of getting good or perfect pelts, it's a must have. Obviously it does nothing for Legendary animals as they're always perfect.

Wow. Did not know that. Thank you!

10 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

Biggest travesty is that you have to get the Steam version to be able to play offline. Have to be constantly connected with the Rockstar version :/

Did not know that I have the Epic Games version, it was on sale.

18 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Did not know that I have the Epic Games version, it was on sale.

I preordered the Rockstar version, Rockstar claimed to have added an offline mode. But then at the last minute they changed it to "You have to be online to start the game, then you can go offline". Couldn't play any Red Dead when I went to my cabin in Maine earlier this month.

12 minutes ago, Man of Culture said:

I preordered the Rockstar version, Rockstar claimed to have added an offline mode. But then at the last minute they changed it to "You have to be online to start the game, then you can go offline". Couldn't play any Red Dead when I went to my cabin in Maine earlier this month.

That blows, I imagine I have the same limitation then since I have to have the Rockstar Games launcher.

9 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

That blows, I imagine I have the same limitation then since I have to have the Rockstar Games launcher.

Steam version does too, but as with GTA 5 (steam) you can actually launch and play the game while offline. I go to Maine twice a year for a couple weeks and I typically don't have internet up there, so it sucks when I want to play something like RDR and can't. 

1 minute ago, Man of Culture said:

Steam version does too, but as with GTA 5 (steam) you can actually launch and play the game while offline. I go to Maine twice a year for a couple weeks and I typically don't have internet up there, so it sucks when I want to play something like RDR and can't. 

I imagine you don't have cell service either? Because I would just hotspot my phone to launch the game.

15 hours ago, best3444 said:

I start the game tonight and immediately get mugged and robbed $540 in Saint Denis.

Also, I had shit crafted at the trapper and apparently lost it. 

I had the happen before, I lost 1k though. It was at the fence in the alley as I was leaving from the other exit. Never lost anything I had crafted though that's weird.