Red Dead Redemption II | Official Thread of Shrinking Equine Testicles

Commissar SFLUFAN

53 minutes ago, BuckFly said:

Thank you.

Some games differ as far as their lasting importance to me...I last played my 2010 hard copy of RDR just a few months ago.  

I know the game is my when I purchase it digitally, but I just wonder what happens if I discontinue my service would I still be able to play this game in the future?  If I discontinued service would I still be able to DL it?

IF I am mistaken please, any of you, feel free to let me know.

Unless I am misunderstanding you any digital purchase you make is your to keep and re download regardless of service.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Unless I am misunderstanding you any digital purchase you make is your to keep and re download regardless of service.

You are absolutely not misunderstanding me, SimpleG, thank you.

So if I am no longer on xbox live, or a member of xbox live gold I would still be able to download and play the game?

Additionally, if xbox live or XBLG ceases to even exist it wouldn't effect my ability to play the game if I had a digital copy?

Just now, BuckFly said:

You are absolutely not misunderstanding me, SimpleG, thank you.

So if I am no longer on xbox live, or a member of xbox live gold I would still be able to download and play the game?

Additionally, if xbox live or XBLG ceases to even exist it wouldn't effect my ability to play the game if I had a digital copy?

You would need an Xbox Live account to download the game, but not XBL Gold.

However, if XBL ceased to exist, then there is the possibility that you would NOT be able to play a digital copy.  However, this may also apply to a physical copy as well which may require XBL access to perform a DRM check.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

You would need an Xbox Live account to download the game, but not XBL Gold.

However, if XBL ceased to exist, then there is the possibility that you would NOT be able to play a digital copy.  However, this may also apply to a physical copy as well which may require XBL access to perform a DRM check.

@SimpleG

Thank you both, very much.

Dutch magazine:

"If we chose to play without a HUD with visual clues, then we had to find these missions by coincidence. Without a HUD you will have to find your way around the map with points of interest. The dialogues even change, depending on HUD on or off. For example we got from a man in the bar the exactly whereabouts of one of the guys we were looking for. (Next page) That direct location was put on our map. If we had disabled the visual clues than the man would have said to head north and he would just have described the area we’re looking for."

Note: the site that reported this magazine article has its own doubts as to whether this is accurate.

I wish I had time and/or energy for a monster-mega-power-epic sized game like this but alas, it's not gonna happen. 

It truly looks fucking awesome and I've never even played the first one. I'd be breaking the store's doors down if this were something similar in structure to Red Dead Revolver but this looks overwhelmingly huge. 

6 hours ago, best3444 said:

Depends how well implemented fp view is. Most likely I'll use it to check the environments but play in third person.

I've heard it's VERY well implemented. Some articles have said its the best way to play. GTA5's first person mode was pretty well implemented but the game wasn't desgined with a first person view in mind. This one was. I've always wanted to do a GTA5 playthrough solely in first person but first person driving in that game is kinda tough and I could never find the right sensitivity for the gun play... which was only passable in third person anyway :p

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've heard it's VERY well implemented. Some articles have said its the best way to play. GTA5's first person mode was pretty well implemented but the game wasn't desgined with a first person view in mind. This one was. I've always wanted to do a GTA5 playthrough solely in first person but first person driving in that game is kinda tough and I could never find the right sensitivity for the gun play... which was only passable in third person anyway :p

:thinking:

On 9/20/2018 at 9:07 AM, TwinIon said:

My takeaway from all this is I'm going to end up wasting time, replaying missions, and reloading saves because my horse died.

Yup, just like the "Y" button in forza . . . well kinda, and/or pressing the start button a fraction before the finish line and hitting replay race. We gamers don't have the balls to except true life consequences I guess . . .  

I've been trying to ignore this game lately, thinking that I really don't need to buy another game right now. But thanks to our generous overlord, I'll be playing it next week. :daydream:

It's too bad that I screwed up when scheduling my vacation. This will drop at the end of my week off, not the start.