Red Dead Redemption II | Official Thread of Shrinking Equine Testicles

Commissar SFLUFAN

Red Dead Redemption 2’s easy-to-miss moments are built for Twitch and YouTube (Polygon)

But a gorgeous virtual world doesn’t quite feel like a living world until you put humans (and, in this case, animals) in it. The most exciting element of that stunning vista was the people I saw crisscrossing the landscape on horseback or in a carriage — and the idea that I could gallop over to each person and have some kind of interaction with them that might be unremarkable, unforgettable or anywhere in between. Just like in real life.

The Biggest Takeaways From Our Red Dead Redemption II Hands-On Demo (Game Informer)

There’s a lot more to the game, but I’m going to have to keep some of it under wraps for the time being. Suffice it to say, Red Dead Redemption 2 is more than just a visual update to an old favorite with a new character. There are elements that are familiar, but Rockstar is very clearly not content with making a safe sequel. 

Red Dead Redemption 2: We Played It On PS4, Here's Everything We Saw (Gamespot)

A lot of work has obviously been poured into the game's world, animation and cinematic presentation, in an attempt to create an experience that looks to impress you at every stage. It's little surprising how superficially familiar Red Dead Redemption 2 feels at first--this absolutely plays like a Rockstar Games title. But that's not a bad thing, and there's a lot to be said for the sheer amount of new, intricate systems which apply to the world, your weapons, your horse, Arthur himself, and how all of that can interact. We've only had the briefest of glimpses at the laundry list of genuine additions, but the level of depth that they suggest is certainly an incredibly enticing prospect, and we can't wait to experiment with them further.

Two Hours With The Amazingly Detailed Red Dead Redemption 2 (Kotaku)

What I could see sold me on the idea that Red Dead Redemption 2 aims to be as detailed and involved a video game western as we’ve ever seen. I’m equally sold that the changes Rockstar has made to their formula appear to be for the better. There is potential for them to have created their most interesting and interactive gaming landscape, one that gives much more life to the interactions between the character we play and the many others we meet, to make events unfold more naturally and for everything to feel more organic. In just about a month, we’ll find out for sure.

Red Dead Redemption 2 hands-on: "I'm ready to kiss goodbye to 2018… and probably the rest of my life" (Games Radar)

Most important of all will be the real consequences of making Arthur an honorable white hat or a total scumbag. The system will need to deliver much more than BioWare's binary Paragon/Renegade stuff, and so far I've only seen the tip of what's likely to be one of the biggest games in several years. That said, even after this brief glimpse, I'm ready to kiss goodbye to the end of 2018, and - now that Red Dead Online has been confirmed to the surprise of precisely nobody - probably the rest of my life too. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 hands-on preview – survival mechanics and a reactive, beautiful world (VG 24/7)

Sandbox games are everywhere in 2018, but nobody does it quite like Rockstar, and Red Dead Redemption 2 could be the most reactive, surprising open-world game yet.

Geoff Keighley Twitter thread:

IGN:

Gamespot:

Easy Allies:

• Thanks 1

Miscellaneous
- Entirely playable in 1st person mode.
- Customisable HUD.
- Each character will have different sets of clothes to coincide with weather conditions.
- Like the first game you have a range of choices, and your decision affects your honor meter.
- When hunting, you can sell the carcass or take it to the butchers for meat. If you leave it too long, it'll rot.
- Your camp will not wait for you. Members of your gang who reside at camp will come and go, and finding out where exactly they've gone from others will be the basis of a number of quests and side quests.
- If you hold the trackpad to turn on the cinematic camera you can set a waypoint and hold X and your horse will automatically make its way to the destination.
- As you skin an animal, you can see where the exit wounds are.
- You can pet dogs. Those dogs won’t bark at you again if you see them.
- You can buy newspapers which will cover events that occur throughout the story.

Weapons and Gunplay
- You can physically see all your weapons on Arthur's character model. You can hold only hold two sidearms and two long weapons (along with a knife, lasso, and throwables).
- Gun customisation, such as engravings.
- Dead Eye now has 5 levels, Level 1 allows for slowdown, Level 2 allows you to paint targets and unleash a barrage of shots, and Level 3 allows you to manually pick your shooting points, etc.
- It's possible to shoot weapons out of enemy hands.
- Weapons get dirty and clogged up over time, or if you get them wet, so you’ll need to clean them to get the best performance.
- If you double-tap L1 Arthur puts his gun away with a flourish.

Arthur
- Beard grows over time, but you can shave.
- Clothing customisations go as far as allowing layering and minor adjustments, like the option to roll up your sleeves.
- You get hungry over time, but you can get fat if you eat too much, effecting stamina.
- Stats like stamina can be raised by doing physical activities (such as in GTA V or Bethesda RPG's).
- Snow on Arthur’s clothing will eventually melt. Mud will harden and wipe away. Blood will dry.
- You can swim (just about).
- Putting on a bandana during a crime and then taking it off afterwards makes the Wanted meter drop faster.
- You can pay your own bounty, but townspeople will still remember any trouble you caused and comment on it when you return.
- Arthur can look at his reflection in the mirror and will comment on what he sees.

Horse

- The whistle command button can be held down and Arthur will whistle until he runs out of breath.
- Visit Stables to customise your horse, switching out its saddle, blanket, stirrups, reins and saddle horn.
- You can name your horse.
- You can clean your horse.
- Horses poop dynamically.
- If your horse dies, it’s gone forever.
- You can tell your horse to flee when it’s in a precarious situation to try to spare its life.
- Horse testicles shrink depending on the in-game weather.

• Thanks 1