What would be your dream vacation?

Remarkableriots

Going to Japan in September. Visiting Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, and Hiroshima. Not sure what else, but we’re gonna be there 3 weeks. Super Nintendo World is on the agenda. That’s been one of my biggest dreams and I’m excited. 

I also want to visit a bunch of places in Europe. Hoping to do my first visit to England next year. All the history there excites me. 

• Like 3

I'm going to Japan on Tuesday. First time going back since 2019/Covid, but this will be my 7th time overall. Love visiting, and everyone should visit Hiroshima if they have the chance to. Both times I visited Hiroshima previously the Peace Museum has been under renovations and only partially open, so I can't wait to see it in its entirety.

I generally am not interested in poverty tourism, but I would like to take my kids to the three regions of the world from which their ancestors lived 500 or so years back; Mexico, Nigeria, and Ireland

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Sadly and embarrassingly enough, I just want to visit beautiful San Diego. Never been to California and I hear it's the nicest there. 

I was born and raised in Southern California, and have lived in many different cities including San Diego. San Diego and its surrounding cities like Oceanside (where I also lived) are some of the nicest in Southern California IMO especially if you like beach type communities.

5 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

San Diego and its surrounding cities like Oceanside (where I also lived) are some of the nicest in Southern California IMO especially if you like beach type communities.

You must have lived in Oceanside long ago because I would never want to live or visit there. :p

11 minutes ago, Phaseknox said:

Yeah, back in the 90s and early 2000s. I have no idea what it or San Diego are like now.

Someone is trying to make it a tourist destination because they have like 4 big hotels in a 2 block radius now or something. I haven't been there since the new hotel got built, I wonder where all the homeless people roam around to now.