FUBAR starring Arnold Schwarzenegger - May 25 - Netflix

AAAAQTNxXbWCNfMiMRyVaRS1jVnPIlpjlXBLRQjV
WWW.NETFLIX.COM

“ FUBAR will kick your ass and make you laugh –– and not just for two hours,” says Schwarzenegger.

Until now. Arnold’s back, baby, in his first-ever television project, FUBAR. Premiering globally May 25 on Netflix, the action-comedy spy series is exactly what his fans have been waiting for. “Everywhere I go, people ask me when I’m going to do another big action comedy like True Lies,” says Schwarzenegger. “Well, here it is.”

He filmed this in Toronto if I’m not mistaken. Apparently he liked to bicycle around the city between days of shooting, and would stop for fans.  Which is nuts cause I don’t trust the drivers in downtown Toronto from many personal experiences. Probably give it a shot when it comes out. Funny thing is that True Lies the tv series debuts in like a few weeks too and Tom Arnold was in their promo. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I mean, when was the last truly good Arnold Schwarzenegger movie/thing? I didn't see Terminator: Dark Fate but it didn't look very good. Before that his movies were all pretty bad (Terminator: Genisys as one example) - you'd have to go back to what? Escape Plan and The Last Stand in 2013? The Expendables 2 in 2012 (The Expendables 3 was mediocre)? Before that you'd have to go all the way back to Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines from 2003 for anything decent. David Ayer's Sabotage had a chance but then the studio fucked that movie up. I hope this is good but Arnold's been in a lot of bad projects. Also hard to believe he's 75 years old now.

35 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, when was the last truly good Arnold Schwarzenegger movie/thing? I didn't see Terminator: Dark Fate but it didn't look very good. Before that his movies were all pretty bad (Terminator: Genisys as one example) - you'd have to go back to what? Escape Plan and The Last Stand in 2013? The Expendables 2 in 2012 (The Expendables 3 was mediocre)? Before that you'd have to go all the way back to Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines from 2003 for anything decent. David Ayer's Sabotage had a chance but then the studio fucked that movie up. I hope this is good but Arnold's been in a lot of bad projects. Also hard to believe he's 75 years old now.

You should give Dark Fate a go. I’ve seen it 3 times on my projector with various friends/family. Already saw it playing last weekend on our CTV SCI-FI channel, and even had Shang-Chi played on tv last night.

• Halal 1

17 minutes ago, silentbob said:

You should give Dark Fate a go. I’ve seen it 3 times on my projector with various friends/family. Already saw it playing last weekend on our CTV SCI-FI channel, and even had Shang-Chi played on tv last night.

Yeah I keep meaning to check it out anyway, but my brother saw it and he really didn't like it. I like the director Tim Miller, and it can't be worse than Genisys. :p 

"Old CIA  guy on his last mission to rescue a compromised asset discovers the asset is his undercover CIA daughter. . .family drama ensues. "

Meh. I just watched the first episode.  Could have been a lot of fun, but alas. . .

16 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Maggie was not good. There's a reason it has bad scores all around on both IMDb and RottenTomatoes. Glad you liked it though!

Well, read the user reviews on IMDB and they tell a different story. It's a good movie.

And if you're going off rotten tomatoes 60% is considered fresh and it's 1% off of that.

15 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I mean, most of us are just glad to see him happy, healthy, and having fun.

36 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well, read the user reviews on IMDB and they tell a different story. It's a good movie.

And if you're going off rotten tomatoes 60% is considered fresh and it's 1% off of that.

My dude, you're being completely selective. A 60% might be fresh but it's not a great score (and remember it scored a 59%, not a 60%), and the more important score, the average, is a 5.7/10, which is pretty bad. The user RottenTomatoes is 32%, far worse. IMDb is a 5.6/10 after 45,000 votes. You can be selective and find user reviews that liked the movie, but that is by no means the norm view for this film. No, it's not a good movie by any aggregate measure.

33 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Maggie wasn’t bad.

And it wasn't good either. It's a mediocre film.

9 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

My dude, you're being completely selective.

You're being selective as well.

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

A 60% might be fresh but it's not a great score (and remember it scored a 59%, not a 60%), and the more important score, the average, is a 5.7/10, which is pretty bad.

A 60% or 57% in this case, is above average (slightly)

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The user RottenTomatoes is 32%, far worse. IMDb is a 5.6/10 after 45,000 votes. You can be selective and find user reviews that liked the movie, but that is by no means the norm view for this film.

I wasn't being selective, I literally looked at the user reviews and most of them were around 7s saying they weren't bad. I scrolled down a bit but most seemed positive.

12 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

No, it's not a good movie by any aggregate measure.

And it wasn't good either. It's a mediocre film.

I'll meet you halfway here. I looked at MY review of the movie and did give it a 6/10, which is right around what it's getting. So maybe my memory is skewed a bit, and I wasn't super blown away but I wouldn't say it is bad or mediocre, just alright. This all comes back around to saying has he done anything good, well maybe your choice of words but maybe you should have said, "Something that was blow your balls off good." And yeah Maggie wasn't that but if you want to see something halfway decent that he has done since T3 (in your words the last good movie he did) then I'd probably watch Maggie over Dark Fate which is what you're contemplating above.

Also, going back and looking at how I enjoyed previous movies, Terminator Genisys came out in the same year and I winded up giving that a higher score than Maggie, so maybe that was his last good movie. 🤷‍♀️

In any case at the very least

Spoiler

I got you to waste your time reading me agreeing with you somewhat

Korean Drama Netflix GIF by The Swoon

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I'll meet you halfway here. I looked at MY review of the movie and did give it a 6/10, which is right around what it's getting. So maybe my memory is skewed a bit, and I wasn't super blown away but I wouldn't say it is bad or mediocre, just alright. This all comes back around to saying has he done anything good, well maybe your choice of words but maybe you should have said, "Something that was blow your balls off good." And yeah Maggie wasn't that but if you want to see something halfway decent that he has done since T3 (in your words the last good movie he did) then I'd probably watch Maggie over Dark Fate which is what you're contemplating above.

How am I being selective? The score is 5.6/10, period. It doesn't matter that the people who bothered to write user reviews wrote positive ones, all that matters ultimately is the aggregate score. As you said yourself, you gave it a 6/10. That's . . . not good. I didn't say it was some shit film. But it's not a good one, and any aggregate score anywhere confirms that. The fact that you rated Genisys higher is concerning for other reasons. :p I'll check out Dark Fate though. My overall point is having Arnold in something is no barometer for quality, especially these days, that's it.

• Sicko 1