JK Rowling Doesn't care about "Legacy"

19 minutes ago, stepee said:

First off tell us if you are a libertarian so we can know where this is going 

Good one :lol: No comment, however :nottalking:

(But I mean, really, just between the two of us, isn't age just a number :shh:?)

No, seriously though, I don't think I am. Some of the ideas certainly resonate with me and maybe there's a chance to make it work in the same way that there theoretically might be a chance to make communism work. But in practice? You get poisoned food, 16-hour-shifts, child labor (and worse), local warlords and maybe most damning of all, bears raiding everyone's trash cans (at least in the U.S., we ain't got none anymore). I asked mainly because sblfilms' comment about people who primarily had their childhood in the 90s made me wonder what "primarily" would mean there. It's a decade, so if one chose 18 years as childhood's duration as was suggested, would it have to be basically half, i.e. nine years? And so on and so forth ...

Glad I popped into this thread, despite my better judgment. How in the Nine Hells has @Demut devolved the conversation into 'But age is just a number😏' in the creepiest way possible. Jesus H Christ, there's nobody I want around kids less than people that try and defend JK being a massive bigot. Like I've reread the thread several times and I still can't figure out how @Demut switched the conversation, however 'jokingly', to talking about 'But what really is a consensual age'.

Absolutely nothing in this thread necessitated the conversation being steered in that direction, and yet here we are.

To quote myself: What the fuck is wrong with you?

If you are referring to the previous two posts on this page then you do understand that stepee (who brought it up in the first place with his libertarian joke) and I were joking, right? J-o-k-i-n-g. You should give it a try sometimes. Really entertaining stuff, that joking thing. And, y'know, I thought that I had laid it on thick enough that not even the dimmest bulb could've missed that and yet here we are indeed. The world never ceases to amaze, huh?

8 hours ago, TheShader said:

Jesus H Christ, there's nobody I want around kids less than people that try and defend JK being a massive bigot.

[No - absolutely not and consider this to be your first and only warning on this nonsense - Commissar SFLUFAN]

14 hours ago, Demut said:

[No - absolutely not and consider this to be your first and only warning on this nonsense - Commissar SFLUFAN]

Sorry but you'll have to elaborate on that @Commissar SFLUFAN. What part of that was objectionable? The particular verbiage? It's what an increasing number of medical professionals and especially detransitioners (who are suing the latter) are calling it, which makes sense to me since it's just objectively accurate by the very definition of the word. And that girls under the age of 18 are affected by this is just a straight-up fact which I'll gladly provide sources for if needed.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

At this rate, demut is gonna need his own personal censor if he isn’t gonna be banned. 

Oh, you'd love that, I'm sure. Probably already volunteering for that role, too, huh?

14 minutes ago, Demut said:

Sorry but you'll have to elaborate on that @Commissar SFLUFAN. What part of that was objectionable? The particular verbiage? It's what an increasing number of medical professionals and especially detransitioners (who are suing the latter) are calling it, which makes sense to me since it's just objectively accurate by the very definition of the word.

Yes, the verbiage and quite frankly, I'm not even remotely interested in even entertaining that discussion on the board, not when the trans population is facing real theats to their existence.

• Like 2
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

Well, alright then, if you say so, SFLUFAN.

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

When you argue with people about harmful rhetoric, the harmful rhetoric gets spread. Hard pass. Reported.

That's harmful rhetoric by virtue of misrepresenting what actually harmful rhetoric is :)

A word of wisdom that was passed on to me: you don’t need to share your opinion on everything.

There are topics I choose not to engage with because despite my belief that my position is correct and also defensible, the well being of others who might be negatively impacted by such discussion is of more importance than arguing said position.