JK Rowling Doesn't care about "Legacy"

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:
JK-Rowling.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
VARIETY.COM

In podcast 'The Witch Trials of J.K. Rowling," the author says she is not preoccupied with how her comments about trans women will affect her legacy.

Despite saying she's been misunderstood, she gives ZERO fucks.

“I’ll be dead”

eta?

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's a bit much, no?

Na, I’m not saying I want someone to kill her. I think it’s okay to want a harmful person to die though. To be clear, I just mean it will be nice when she is dead, not that I would support someone speeding it along for her.

• Haha 1

“I do not walk around my house, thinking about my legacy,” she says in the first episode. “You know, what a pompous way to live your life walking around thinking, ‘What will my legacy be?’ Whatever, I’ll be dead. I care about now. I care about the living.”

Phelps-Roper interviewed Rowling at her home, a castle in Edinburgh, Scotland

Confused Wait What GIF by PBS SoCal
you live in a fucking Harry Potter type castle. She is tone deaf af. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

If you don’t care about your legacy, give up the HP rights so we won’t feel like shit supporting the one good thing you’ve done. 

Yeah but money, though.

How much did Disney pay George Lucas for Star wars? It was like 4 billion, right? JK will want at least double that. Because she doesn't have enough money.

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

Are you sure about that? I though she was living in y’all’s heads rent free. 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

Yeah but money, though.

How much did Disney pay George Lucas for Star wars? It was like 4 billion, right? JK will want at least double that. Because she doesn't have enough money.

Disney paid 4 Billion apiece for Lucasfilm and Marvel. Is the Harry Potter property worth both of those combined? :hmm:

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Disney paid 4 Billion apiece for Lucasfilm and Marvel. Is the Harry Potter property worth both of those combined? :hmm:

Rowling is making between 50-100 million a year in rights payments for all the various HP related properties. I’m guessing Disney would likely do exactly what they did with LF and Marvel and ramp up the content coming out of both, which makes the brands even more valuable.

HP stuff already gets used fairly regularly, but if a major media company bought the rights I think you would likely see more movies, some TV shows, more books, more video games, and all the down stream merchandising of that activity.

If I had to hazard a guess, HP would likely fetch in the 10 billion range. LF and Marvel TODAY are probably valued in the low 10s of billions range.

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The New York Jets are valued at > $5B and I dare say that Harry Potter is worth more than the fucking Jets. :p

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

w e w  l a d

You do know you can edit your posts, right?

3 minutes ago, TheShader said:

Unrelated question, just a bit of curiosity: do you think Charles Manson should have been let free so long as he donated large sums of money to charity alongside running a murder cult?

Nah.

Related question: Would you call insulin a "harmful" drug because it has lead to the death of people?

8 minutes ago, Demut said:

Sorry, I just keep forgetting to post completely unrelated things, I'm just so excited to hear your input on things that I trip over myself

3000.jpeg
APNEWS.COM

LONDON (AP) — Britain’s Prince Charles is facing more questions over his charities after a newspaper reported that one of his funds accepted a 1 million pound ($1.2 million) donation from relatives of Osama bin Laden.

1 minute ago, Demut said:

You keep forgetting that there's an edit button, too, it seems.

I'm sorry, I don't do well with technology. You'll have to forgive me

Saddam_Hussein_in_1998.png
EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

"Saddam implemented a national infrastructure campaign that made great progress in building roads, promoting mining, and developing other industries. The campaign helped Iraq's energy industries. Electricity was brought to nearly every city in Iraq, and many outlying areas. Before the 1970s, most of Iraq's people lived in the countryside and roughly two-thirds were peasants. This number would decrease quickly during the 1970s as global oil prices helped revenues to rise from less than a half billion dollars to tens of billions of dollars and the country invested into industrial expansion."

You don't seem to understand how tax-deductible donations to charity work. Here's a helpful link. Meanwhile, I see that you still haven't answered my related question whereas I answered your unrelated one. Don't sweat it though, I'm sure you just missed in your posting spree and are about to reply to it now.

Please provide me a source that insulin, and not from overdose, leads to a significant increase in death. Also, I know you're into conspiracy theories, so please only legitimate sources and not 4chan. Then we can call it related, and I'll answer your question.

Until then, I'd like to continue to discuss how philanthropic work absolves people of their harm to society. Because, I too, believe that if you're rich enough that you can morally get away with anything.

53192141_6.jpg
WWW.DW.COM

Drug cartels in Mexico have been handing out food to people in need during the coronavirus pandemic. The organized crime networks are vying to maintain and even grow their influence.