Manga Artist Leiji Matsumoto (Space Battleship Yamato / Galaxy Express 999) Passed Away February 13 Due to Acute Heart Failure at Age 85

?m=02&d=20230220&t=2&i=1624157663&r=LYNX
WWW.REUTERS.COM

Leiji Matsumoto, the famed Japanese manga and anime creator of epic space sagas including "Galaxy Express 999" and "Space Pirate Captain Harlock", has died aged 85, his office said on Monday.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

Oh no. I love his work. His influence on sci-fi design in anime cannot be overstated. I literally just bought some Galaxy Express 999 figures just a week ago that I'm still waiting to come in. I had also been looking for a reasonably priced Danguard Ace for a few weeks now, but I guess that's out the window now.

This is a bummer.  Now I need to go and watch some old anime.

• Hugs 2

3 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Galaxy Express 999 was in the first batch of anime I really got into a true classic </3

Same, loved Galaxy Express 999. Still remember waiting until Midnight on the Sci-Fi channel to watch stuff like Galaxy Express 999, Van Helsing, and Green Legend Ran. The only way to watch anime on television at the time.