PLEASE build me a new PC

2 minutes ago, Brick said:

Oh right I didn't bother checking the other stores nearby. Do you think it's worth it though to get one? I mean again if I do upgrade in 4 years, by that time there will be even faster drives out, and I'll probably want to go ahead and get one of those. 

Also sorry @MeatAndPotatoes it seems I've hijacked your thread. :p

You will notice a significant difference vs. playing games off a HDD.  Its only $160 -- you're buying for today, not for tomorrow.

In 4 years you can buy another faster one -- games aren't getting smaller.

23 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

You will notice a significant difference vs. playing games off a HDD.  Its only $160 -- you're buying for today, not for tomorrow.

In 4 years you can buy another faster one -- games aren't getting smaller.

Hmm true. I suppose I could always sell it when I do upgrade as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

do i NEED water cooling for this cpu???????

You can get a high end air cooler if you prefer, but AIOs tend to be the most quiet and efficient unless you’re getting one of those massive air coolers that could cause issues with fitting other components.

What are the full specs of what you’re buying?

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 4:37 AM, Spork3245 said:

You can get a high end air cooler if you prefer, but AIOs tend to be the most quiet and efficient unless you’re getting one of those massive air coolers that could cause issues with fitting other components.

What are the full specs of what you’re buying?

I'm ready to purchase a 13700. I'll get 32gb and probably a 4tb ssd to go with it.

I've built PCs over the last 20+ years, but water-cooling was something I never messed with

4 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

I'm ready to purchase a 13700. I'll get 32gb and probably a 4tb ssd to go with it.

I've built PCs over the last 20+ years, but water-cooling was something I never messed with

AIOs are basically the same as mounting an air cooler, only “extra step” is screwing the radiator into a spot where your case fans would go (and then screwing the fans into the radiator). It’s very easy and nothing like the PITA of setting up a custom loop water cooling system.

4 hours ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

ASUS Prime Z690-A LGA 1700(Intel 12th) ATX Motherboard (16+1 DrMOS,PCIe 5.0,DDR5,4X M.2, Intel 2.5 Gb LAN,USB 3.2 Gen 2 Front Panel Type-C,Thunderbolt™ 4,Aura Sync RGB Lighting) https://a.co/d/dwNHIdc

That's been on my wishlist for damn near a year, but something similar and hopefully a little newer is what I'm looking at

Just switch it for the Z790 equivalent and you’re good to go.

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2023 at 10:48 PM, MeatAndPotatoes said:

A custom loop is expensive and a fair bit of work.

I found an AIO to be arguably easier to install than a big-ass air cooler.  Largely because you don't have to reach around the cooling fins to secure it to the motherboard, and the thermal paste is usually pre-applied.

On 3/10/2023 at 10:51 PM, MeatAndPotatoes said:

ASUS Prime Z690-A LGA 1700(Intel 12th) ATX Motherboard (16+1 DrMOS,PCIe 5.0,DDR5,4X M.2, Intel 2.5 Gb LAN,USB 3.2 Gen 2 Front Panel Type-C,Thunderbolt™ 4,Aura Sync RGB Lighting) https://a.co/d/dwNHIdc

That's been on my wishlist for damn near a year, but something similar and hopefully a little newer is what I'm looking at

I would get the Z790 version, but there was very little change between the Z690 and Z790 chipsets -- so if you can find a cheaper Z690 board, I probably wouldn't think twice about buying it.

• Like 1

Thanks yall, i just broke a piece of my wallet, hopefully i did good....

cpu

mobo

cooler

Ram

total after tax i paid 916.69, can't wait to play rdr2, sotf, re4re, and elden ring maxed! Anyone know of a good 1440p 144hz 32" monitor? My room is lit with neon, so VA panels and oleds or whatever works, i really want great contrast and smoothness. I dont really have a budget when it comes to monitors because im a big video fanatic. I want the best

43 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

Thanks yall, i just broke a piece of my wallet, hopefully i did good....

cpu

mobo

cooler

Ram

total after tax i paid 916.69, can't wait to play rdr2, sotf, re4re, and elden ring maxed! Anyone know of a good 1440p 144hz 32" monitor? My room is lit with neon, so VA panels and oleds or whatever works, i really want great contrast and smoothness. I dont really have a budget when it comes to monitors because im a big video fanatic. I want the best

This is what I bought:

WWW.DELL.COM

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

Damn that thing is actually tempting me, I just wish it was a 16/9 ratio

Get this: INNOCN 32" Mini LED 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 Computer Gaming Monitor 144Hz 1ms IPS HDR1000 HDMI 2.1 Monitor, 99% DCI-P3, USB Type-C Connectivity, Pivot/Height Adjustable Stand - 32M2V https://a.co/d/hBe1YSM 

It apparently uses the same panel as the ASUS PG32UQX but isn’t as bright (1000nit HDR instead of 1400nit… 1000nit is more than fine and brighter than OLED :p) for 25% of the price. I spoke with a guy on reddit who bought this monitor and also owns a PG32UQX (as well as the 4k Samsung mini-led), he said the only differences are that the ASUS is eye-blindly bright while the INNOCN is only “very bright”, however, the INNOCN has better pixel refresh time.

It’s 4k, though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Most of the OLED's I've seen that are 16:9 are 27" or 48" ratio.

If you're looking at 32", you're pretty much locked into an LCD.

I think all the 1440p OLEDs are 21:9, no? 

EDIT: oh, wait, LG has that 16:9 1440p one, but it’s 27” (and $1k :lol: )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I think all the 1440p OLEDs are 21:9, no? 

D-01.jpg
WWW.LG.COM

Get more information on the LG 27GR95QE-B. Click for pictures, reviews, and tech specs for the LG 27'' UltraGear™ OLED Gaming Monitor QHD with 240Hz Refresh Rate 0.03ms (GtG) Response Time

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:
D-01.jpg
WWW.LG.COM

Get more information on the LG 27GR95QE-B. Click for pictures, reviews, and tech specs for the LG 27'' UltraGear™ OLED Gaming Monitor QHD with 240Hz Refresh Rate 0.03ms (GtG) Response Time

Yea, I edited my post almost immediately :p 

I could do with a 27" but i would love a 32 if possible, and 4k is still tempting, I just dont know if im going to upgrade my pc that often to be able to run 4k max settings. Im not gonna rush the monitor purchase, especially after i just spent over a K on the pc udgrade(I bought a 4tb gen4 crucial nvme to round things out). But, that off brand mini led .....

Im gonna keep my eyes peeled, its sold out right now, and thats probably a good thing the way ive been spending lately. I am so excited for my upgrades though, and Thanks to all you guys!!

coming from a 4790k, i can't wait!!! :hug:

and PLEASE keep up the recommendations for them sexy monitors. I dont want to spend quite that much but i was honestly considering it. Only thing that stopped me was that it was out of stock, and the 4k might be too much for me to upgrade sooner than i want to. I know you can run still run games at lower res on 4k monitors, but doeawsnt that shit everything up?

1 hour ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

64GB ddr5

3080 ftw3

4TB crucial gen 4

16GB ddr3

GTX 1060

1TB crucial ssd

A fucking solid upgrade i must say! :fap:

With the 3080 I'd def stick with 1440p. 4k is going to make you want to chase the moon :p 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

if anyone can help, where can i download windows 10 or 11 iso to toss on a thumb drive for a brand new build??

Microsoft lets you download the ISOs here:

Windows 10 

Windows 11

Just to be clear, be aware that these ISOs will let you install Windows but you will of course still need a license to activate them and fully enable the OS. 

• Hugs 1

Wow

So I put everything together like a masterpiece and it's crazy how everything fit. I was expecting something to go wrong, but it went smooth as butter, but then my daughter walked in, and stole the show. She's off to bed now so I'm about to ramp up. I can't believe how well all the pieces fit. 

• Halal 1

47 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

Wow

So I put everything together like a masterpiece and it's crazy how everything fit. I was expecting something to go wrong, but it went smooth as butter, but then my daughter walked in, and stole the show. She's off to bed now so I'm about to ramp up. I can't believe how well all the pieces fit. 

Congrats, that's a great feeling! Unless it's feeling like you're waiting for the other shoe to drop. :p 

• Thanks 1