PLEASE build me a new PC

Got an RTX 3080 and a Seasonic 850w Gold. I need the best matching cpu, MOTHERBOARD, and ram P LEASE!! <3

im looking for bang 4 buck. Been out of it for so long, but at 1st glance, looks like the i7-13700 would be the best cpu? ot should i wait for something that is around the corner? Also RAM and particular motherboards would be absolutely appreciated for recommendations for "bang for buck" build.

Currently my 3080 is being held back by an i7-4790k and 16GB of old ass ram. Please help

5006230_999999.jpg
WWW.MICROCENTER.COM

Get it now! Find over 30,000 products at your local Micro Center, including the AMD Ryzen 9 7900X, ASUS B650E-F ROG Strix Gaming WiFi, G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 Kit, Computer Build Combo

I assume you'll also want better storage: On sale for $155 with promo code. 

20-250-247-02.jpg
WWW.NEWEGG.COM

Buy WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 4.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS200T2X0E with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

• Like 1

That Microcenter combo is the best bang for  the buck especially if you also want to focus on longevity.

The absolute best bang for the buck are "older" parts right now, like the Ryzen 5000 CPUs as those are cheap and fast enough to maximize the performance out of your 3080, plus the RAM and motherboards are cheaper too. But you'll be buying into a DDR4 platform while DDR5 is the current standard.

I'd certainly recommend spending a bit more to cover yourself with a future GPU upgrade.  Pretty much no matter the CPU you'll also need a new cooler too.

So if you can't do the Microcenter bundle, something like this would be a good starting point:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($319.83 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ID-COOLING DASHFLOW 240 BASIC 82.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($194.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($149.94 @ Newegg) 
Total: $734.74
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-02-18 11:38 EST-0500

The 13700 is also a pretty good value for only $100 more than the 13600.

The upcoming AMD 7800X3D will mostly likely be faster, but it's also going to cost more at $450, and will have fewer cores if you do any type of productivity work.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

Yall are the shit <3 4 real. I'm thinking to pull that trigger on the cpu/mobo/ram deal, that's really all I need besides a better cpu cooler.

O...

I was looking at ....... nvrmnd, good God spork.... u darn-near spoon-fed me everything I needed and more, forgot about the faster hdds for a second, so ty very much bro!! And Cuside, appreciate u man, I need a new cpu cooler too, that should be all (most def) ! 🫡🙂 ty ty ty and ty!

1 hour ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

Ya, I was actually about to buy, but "shipping not available"

Ah, it had shipping awhile ago, the bundle just went back up yesterday so they must’ve removed it. :/ 

No MCs near you? I’d just wait for the x3Ds in 10 days then so you can compare performance vs the 13700k and up

6 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I assume you'll also want better storage: On sale for $155 with promo code. 

20-250-247-02.jpg
WWW.NEWEGG.COM

Buy WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 4.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS200T2X0E with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

I've never seen an SSD like that. Looks like a stick of RAM. I wonder if something like that would be compatible with my MB. 

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

I've never seen an SSD like that. Looks like a stick of RAM. I wonder if something like that would be compatible with my MB. 

M.2 drive, it’s the same type that’s in the XSX and PS5. They use PCIE rather than SATA and are much faster. What motherboard do you have? If it’s DDR4 it likely has an m.2 port.

17 minutes ago, MeatAndPotatoes said:

Ya where I'm at now, no micros, and I can definitely wait a few weeks. I'm anxious, but want to buy smart

Think About It GIF by Identity
Also, with AM5 you’ll potentially have an upgrade path.

16 minutes ago, Brick said:

The MB I purchased in 2016 had 2 M.2 slots, so if you've purchased your MB over the last few years, it should have room for some.

Keep in mind, that specific one is a PCIe 4.0 -- which may be faster than your MB will support.

39 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

M.2 drive, it’s the same type that’s in the XSX and PS5. They use PCIE rather than SATA and are much faster. What motherboard do you have? If it’s DDR4 it likely has an m.2 port.

25 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The MB I purchased in 2016 had 2 M.2 slots, so if you've purchased your MB over the last few years, it should have room for some.

Keep in mind, that specific one is a PCIe 4.0 -- which may be faster than your MB will support.

I got my motherboard in 2018, I'll have to check which one it is specifically when I get home. It's an Auros something. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It def does. However, it’s PCIE3, so if you got a PCIE4 m.2 like the one that I posted you’d be limited to PCIE3 speeds until you upgrade. You can find PCIE3 (gen3) m.2s for a bit cheaper typically.

Any recommendations? I've been thinking of getting a third drive. For my C drive I have a 250GB SSD as my boot drive with Windows on it, and for my D drive a 2TB HDD that I put most of my games on. I was thinking of getting another drive and getting an SSD to put my online, and other games that would benefit from loading faster on it. 

Then again I could always wait until my next full upgrade to get PCIE4 or 5 (or even 6 if it's out by then lol). 

Just now, Brick said:

Any recommendations? I've been thinking of getting a third drive. For my C drive I have a 250GB SSD as my boot drive with Windows on it, and for my D drive a 2TB HDD that I put most of my games on. I was thinking of getting another drive and getting an SSD to put my online, and other games that would benefit from loading faster on it. 

Then again I could always wait until my next full upgrade to get PCIE4 (or even 5 if it's out by then lol). 

This is gen4 but it’s on sale for around the same price as full-speed gen3 ones that I’d recommend, and you’d get a speed boost when you eventually upgrade to a pcie4-5 motherboard. Check to see if your motherboard has built-in heatsinks for the m.2 ports (most do), otherwise spend the extra $10 for the version that comes with the heatsink:

https://a.co/d/eZaaT3d

Alternatively, save $15: 

https://a.co/d/aQvCT5a

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

This is gen4 but it’s on sale for around the same price as full-speed gen3 ones that I’d recommend, and you’d get a speed boost when you eventually upgrade to a pcie4-5 motherboard. Check to see if your motherboard has built-in heatsinks for the m.2 ports (most do), otherwise spend the extra $10 for the version that comes with the heatsink:

https://a.co/d/eZaaT3d

Alternatively, save $15: 

https://a.co/d/aQvCT5a

This one is gen4 but is in the middle of the two in terms of speed, but it’s also only a $5 difference vs the gen3 I linked (the gen4 one I linked has read speeds of 6.6GB/s, the gen3 is 3.5GB/s, this is 5GB/s - of course, under PCIE3, they’ll all tap out at 3.5GB/s):

https://a.co/d/1QjZlYj 

13 hours ago, Brick said:

Then again I could always wait until my next full upgrade to get PCIE4 or 5 (or even 6 if it's out by then lol). 

@Spork3245 is suggesting you ones in the US.

This one is a heck of a deal, and will outperform your motherboard.

1072155123.jpg?size=285
WWW.CANADACOMPUTERS.COM

WD Black SN770 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 2280 Read:5150MB/s,Write: 4850MB/s SSD (WDS200T3X0E)

I would suggest getting this one if you're thinking about upgrading your MB in the near future:

1074208364.jpg?size=285
WWW.CANADACOMPUTERS.COM

WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2 2280 Read:7,300MB/s, Write:6,600MB/s SSD (WDS200T2X0E)

7 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The store on Appleby Line shows one in stock -- you're in Oakville, right?

Oh right I didn't bother checking the other stores nearby. Do you think it's worth it though to get one? I mean again if I do upgrade in 4 years, by that time there will be even faster drives out, and I'll probably want to go ahead and get one of those. 

Also sorry @MeatAndPotatoes it seems I've hijacked your thread. :p