The Flash trailer

5timechamp

4 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

What else is Gunn going to say?  He’s in charge of the whole show now, he can’t walk in on the first day and old yeller this thing behind a shed.  DC choosing to put this thing out at all is the baffling choice, Gunn having to make peace with that decision is just the shitty thing he has to do.

He could say that Tig Notaro has been cast to play The Flash in this movie, and we all win. :p

• 2 months later...

Warners screened this this afternoon. This movie is sooooooo good. I forgot comic book movies could be fun. I forgot comic book movies could have inventive action. I forgot comic book movies could be lit like they aren’t taking place in the darkest dungeon.

Ezra Miller is apparently a bad person, but a fantastic actor. The two Barry’s are played off each other in a way that could have gotten old quick, but Miller is able to build the rapport between the two of them over the course of the film in a really natural way.

Andy Muschietti is a phenomenal director, and I’m reminded of what has made Warners such a good studio: give talented filmmakers lots of money and let them tell great stories. More on that when I recap my dad today at Cinemacon.

This flick is a crowd pleaser and is gonna print all the money.

There is a HILARIOUS gag during the climax of the film that I’m sure this board will get and love, but is a bit lost on people not familiar with the story behind it. I happened to be sitting next to Germain Lussier (and some other movie bloggers) and we were all rolling as soon as we realized what we were seeing 😂

6 minutes ago, Brick said:

So they weren't talking out their asses when they said this movie is really good. 

Not one bit. There is a good reason all that reshoot talk was put down by Warners. Miller is GREAT.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Guess we know why Warners was so resistant to recasting Miller and or tanking this movie.

I’ll just say, it’s a really bold move on the part of all their executives to say it’s one of the best super hero movies they have ever seen literally hours before showing it to a crowd of people who don’t give a hoot about platitudes and want the movie to be great because business will boom. They were setting themselves up to be hammered if it was not good 😂

Word elsewhere is also the movie is really good. This is a pleasant surprise since it took like a decade to make the movie, it went through numerous screenwriters and directors in that time, Andy Muschietti has only been a good/solid but not a great director (I attribute a lot of It: Part One to Cary Fukunaga's original screenplay and Chung-hoong Chong's cinematography) but hearing all this is very promising. There had to be a reason Warner's was doubling down on the film and Ezra Miller when they were pulling films like Batgirl left and right; I imagine sunk cost is a lot of it but still.

Guess we'll see how this one is. @sblfilms, where would you rank this in terms of quality amongst the other DCEU films, and separately, where would you rank it amongst the MCU films? That'll help me get a sense of its quality.

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

@stepee

They

oy, and I even checked myself on the last part but then didn’t read back far enough, I meant THEY seem like a total garbage person

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to start an entire hate campaign and make myself unemployable with horrible twitter posts because I had to correct myself for saying the wrong thing.

Just now, stepee said:

oy, and I even checked myself on the last part but then didn’t read back far enough, I meant THEY seem like a total garbage person

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to start an entire hate campaign and make myself unemployable with horrible twitter posts because I had to correct myself for saying the wrong thing.

happy mothers day GIF by VH1

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

@stepee

They

47 minutes ago, stepee said:

Don’t feel bad. Andy Muschietti clearly went out on stage with “say they/them” when referring to Miller in mind and after a couple of times reverted to he/him again. I’m guessing that Miller had been going by he/him during production.

3 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Guess we'll see how this one is. @sblfilms, where would you rank this in terms of quality amongst the other DCEU films, and separately, where would you rank it amongst the MCU films? That'll help me get a sense of its quality.

It’s the best of the Snyderverse flicks by a lot. I would personally say it is easily one of the 1 best superhero movies of this last decade. Way better than anything MCU since End Game.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s the best of the Snyderverse flicks by a lot. I would personally say it is easily one of the best superhero movies of this last decade. Way better than anything MCU since End Game.

That is very, very high praise! Curious to find out what this is all about then.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Still gonna bomba

Nah, imagine making a good Justice League movie and whipping that nostalgia whip over and over for the second half of the movie. I think it is a legit billion dollar global threat.