Upgraded from my Asus Zeph Duo laptop already

SmugPrick

Couldnt pass up the chance at one of these new gen machines, so the Asus will be hitting the Bay. New machine is an MSI Titan GT77HX. This thing is an absolute beast and has been killing anything I throw at it in 4K at max settings. A bit of coin to buy but damn is it worth it. These new laptops are becoming such absolute units. 

On 2/12/2023 at 2:23 PM, Nokra said:

Congrats, that's a damn impressive laptop! Certainly on paper, at least. What's the rest of your setup like? Particularly, what monitor(s) or TV are you using?

Just using the mini led 4k panel on the laptop. I have a 2022 Samsung  neo led in the basement man cave but I really only use that for ps5 and theater room. I don’t mind gaming on a laptop but I could see how some don’t 

• Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 2:23 PM, Nokra said:

Congrats, that's a damn impressive laptop! Certainly on paper, at least. What's the rest of your setup like? Particularly, what monitor(s) or TV are you using?

ok decided to get a monitor. getting too old to be hunched over a laptop. 

Went w/ this along with a desk mount. Slick having the OLED display in the bezel that can display CPU/GPU temps, FPS, etc 

7 hours ago, SmugPrick said:

ok decided to get a monitor. getting too old to be hunched over a laptop. 

Went w/ this along with a desk mount. Slick having the OLED display in the bezel that can display CPU/GPU temps, FPS, etc 

Let me know how you like that monitor, that’s been the one I keep going back and forth on

On 2/12/2023 at 10:58 AM, SmugPrick said:

Couldnt pass up the chance at one of these new gen machines, so the Asus will be hitting the Bay. New machine is an MSI Titan GT77HX. This thing is an absolute beast and has been killing anything I throw at it in 4K at max settings. A bit of coin to buy but damn is it worth it. These new laptops are becoming such absolute units. 

Think a 2023 Zeph Duo would make a good mobile workstation for like programs that use Nvidia GPUs? Or is it too expensive for that and a cheaper single screen laptop would be better?