Off-Topic Board(s)

Demut

'Sup.

Been a while, obviously, since I didn't get to migrate after the big databank SNAFU/domain transfer/whatever (and subsequently couldn't have my old account restored :() but ... didn't there use to be more boards? Specifically, an off-topic one with introductory threads and such? I was looking for one after just making this new account in order to say 'Hello' but the closest thing I found was "The Shower" which ... didn't quite fit the bill and also did not seem to have a general thread like that.

43 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The shower is the specifically off-topic board you're looking for.

I guess. But where're all the generals that I remember from the good ol' D1P days?

3 hours ago, Bacon said:

:demut:

Dang, when I was signing up earlier I was trying to remember what my last avatar was. I should've gone with that one again. Is it too late yet to change it, you think?

8 minutes ago, Demut said:

I guess. But where're all the generals that I remember from the good ol' D1P days?

There is no longer a need to have generals for every gaming platform. D1P is fairly active with the same users posting daily most often, but there aren't that many new threads made. We have a tagging/prefix system now for stuff like Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony if it is exclusive to one of their systems.

9 minutes ago, Demut said:

I should've gone with that one again. Is it too late yet to change it, you think?

Why would it be too late, lol

Hrm, I see. Well, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Or make them myself and see if they take off or not. I was mostly talking about the kind of off-topic "generals"/frequently visited threads like "Post the song you're currently listening to" and other such stuff. Or would that be more appropriate for the spam subboard?

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Why would it be too late, lol

I'm just joking around.

1 minute ago, Demut said:

Hrm, I see. Well, I guess I'll just have to get used to it. Or make them myself and see if they take off or not. I was mostly talking about the kind of off-topic "generals"/frequently visited threads like "Post the song you're currently listening to" and other such stuff. Or would that be more appropriate for the spam subboard?

Oh you mean like Pinned threads? We still have some. Feel free to make whatever you want. For music you'd post on The Performing Arts Centre, but we got a thread kinda like that.

Yo GB, cute lil' profile pic edit. Got any new bands to recommend? I think you were the one to introduce me to Cloudkicker back in the day. I dunno if I listened to Igorrr back then yet (and if I did, whether or not I posted about it on D1P) but he's released consistently good stuff these past years:

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, Demut said:

Yo GB, cute lil' profile pic edit. Got any new bands to recommend? I think you were the one to introduce me to Cloudkicker back in the day. I dunno if I listened to Igorrr back then yet (and if I did, whether or not I posted about it on D1P) but he's released consistently good stuff these past years:

Oh man. I have so many bands to recommend I don't even know where to start. Haha. Have your tastes changed much? (Mine haven't too much)