74 Year Old, Ozzy Osbourne, Now Physically Unable to Perform Live Shows

230201-Ozzy-Osbourne-ew-225p-5a82e4.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The 74-year-old Grammy winner and former vocalist for the metal band Black Sabbath said that “my singing voice is fine” but that he remained physically weak.

Heavy metal legend Ozzy Osbourne announced the cancellation of his 2023 tour dates in the U.K. and continental Europe.

Osbourne issued a statement early Wednesday saying damage to his spine suffered in an accident four years ago will prevent him from touring.

“I am honestly humbled by the way you’ve all patiently held onto your tickets for all this time, but in all good conscience, I have now come to the realization that I’m not physically capable of doing my upcoming European/UK tour dates, as I know I couldn’t deal with the travel required,” Osbourne said.

“Never would I have imagined that my touring days would have ended this way,” Osbourne said. “My team is currently coming up with ideas for where I will be able to perform without having to travel from city to city and country to country.”

Black Sabbath with Ozzy has been my favorite band since I was a kid and I still think he should've retired many, many years ago anyway. The fact he made it to 74 is actually quite astonishing to me as someone who has read his book and quite a few other unofficial Sabbath-related books.