Super Bowl LVII | State Farm Homefield Advantage | February 12 - 3:30 PM PST

Keyser_Soze

49 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

The ball sailed 10 yards over his head. Come on now. There is a hold/grab/tug on every place. It was a weak call. 

They didn’t call pass interference, Mr. Casual

It was definitely a hold, but calling it at that point in the Super Bowl of all games is ticky tacky. Calling it after the play was completely over because Mahomes pointed at it is definitely some bullshit, especially since the hold had no effect on the play. It's similar to how they beat the Bengals, smells a little sus to me. 

Special teams fucked up, the defense didn't show up much in the second half, Hurts' one fumble, Watkins' missed catch, etc. There are a lot of moments, but that hold call just deflated the game.

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

the defense didn't show up much in the second half

This is generous given that they gave up scores on literally every Chiefs drive in the second half :p 

6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah it was . . . pretty bad.

My favorite team was once up 24-0 in a playoff game against the fightin’ Pat Mahomes, and proceeded to give up something like 8 straight touchdown drives.

It is simply unfair how good this guy is at football 😂

32 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

My favorite team was once up 24-0 in a playoff game against the fightin’ Pat Mahomes, and proceeded to give up something like 8 straight touchdown drives.

It is simply unfair how good this guy is at football 😂

He is basically a fucking cheat code, it's true. But man I felt like Eagles could have had this one and it got away from us. Hurts played out of his mind though (sans the fumble) so I was happy to see that. 

6 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

He is basically a fucking cheat code, it's true. But man I felt like Eagles could have had this one and it got away from us. Hurts played out of his mind though (sans the fumble) so I was happy to see that. 

It was a performance you can be proud of even with a disappointing result.

2 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It was a performance you can be proud of even with a disappointing result.

Agreed. The biggest question going into this season was whether Hurts was our franchise QB, could he be good enough. Well, that's been silenced for any doubters still out there. We will be paying this young man all da monies. Sirianni was another question mark and I feel he cemented his job with a great coaching performance - though he and defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon need to have a talk.

Wouldn't be the NFL if refs didn't get their say, thats not going to change with goodell either, you could take just about every rule change in the last 20 years and throw it out and have a better game, except for maybe replay rules, largely cause the refs have fewer reasons to inject themselves into the game.

14 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:
Terry-Bradshaw-Backlash-01-021323-5c4f76
PEOPLE.COM

Terry Bradshaw is under fire following a series of post Super Bowl 2023 remarks against Andy Reid.

I caught that too. And he kept going on about how old he was and how he should retire 

It wasn’t a nice thing to say, but I also have no idea what relationship those two have. The NFL, despite the size of the business, is a pretty small community. It feels a lot different for a couple of good friends to bust each other up over things, and a near stranger to make fun of your weight.

But Bradshaw also seems to have a history of kinda nasty comments, so I don’t really give him the benefit of the doubt here. I just am open to the idea that they are friends.

32 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

But Bradshaw also seems to have a history of kinda nasty comments, so I don’t really give him the benefit of the doubt here. I just am open to the idea that they are friends.

From what I understand Reid jokes about food all the time. However, the waddle part does seem a bit much. In any case even if you are friends it's usually in poor taste to make a personal joke like that around folks who aren't in on the joke.

• True 1

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

From what I understand Reid jokes about food all the time. However, the waddle part does seem a bit much. In any case even if you are friends it's usually in poor taste to make a personal joke like that around folks who aren't in on the joke.

The cheeseburger thing is indeed a running gag, I think it was a few weeks ago that the players gave him a cheeseburger after one of the playoff wins with the locker room full of press and cameras, so I doubt the cheeseburger reference would be an issue.

The waddle stuff is more obviously rude