Super Bowl LVII | State Farm Homefield Advantage | February 12 - 3:30 PM PST

Keyser_Soze

44 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

I can't believe I signed up for a free trial to YouTube TV just to watch this. All I got was a limpy end and ten minutes spent trying to explain to my 7yo who Rihanna is and why she wasn't dancing as much as the people around her.

If you were watching on a tv or Roku type device there is a Fox Sports app where you could watch it for free. No cable subscription required. Something to keep in mind. Think it was streamed in 4k too. 

• Thanks 1

Those M&M candy commercials had to be some of the worst Super Bowl commercials ever.  There was some real/fake controversy a month or two ago where they got rid of the candy mascots and were hiring Maya Rudolph. I don’t even care it just seemed like a really dumb idea all around and I find it fascinating companies like this will green light such a strange idea.  

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

If you were watching on a tv or Roku type device there is a Fox Sports app where you could watch it for free. No cable subscription required. Something to keep in mind. Think it was streamed in 4k too. 

I don't know if it still works but you can go to foxsports in a private browser for a 1 hour trial then when it's over refresh and you get a new trial.

14 minutes ago, johnny said:

holding was the right call. even the guy who did it said so! i would post the tweet but we aren’t allowed to for whatever reason. 

defensive holding isn’t the same as pass interference 

I can’t find it now but someone twitted a pic that showed it was a pretty blatant hold. He grabbed a fistful of that jersey. 

Fo0fQ3ZXsAAszQz?format=jpg&name=large

12 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

If we’re being honest, I don’t think that penalty actually decided the game, but holy shit what a wet fart ending to an otherwise incredible game.  

Yeah, sort of this.

If he DIDN'T hold on that play, given it i Mahomes, that honestly would have been a TD, which would have been better for the game.

In other words, I think if Philly were to lose people would have at least like to see them get the ball back with under 2 minutes and a time out with a chance to tie it down 42-35, than watching the Chiefs run the clock down and kick an extra point for a 38-35 score in what was a great game.

Mahomes is the standard bearer for QBs in this League and has been since 2018.

It can be simultaneously true that it was the correct call by rule, that it probably did not change the outcome of the game overall, and that they probably shouldn’t have called it since the hold likely didn’t change the outcome of the play

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

and that they probably shouldn’t have called it since the hold likely didn’t change the outcome of the play

From what I remember the hold was called after JuJu was getting back up off the ground after slipping on the amazing grass they had and by that time Mahomes was throwing the ball out of the end zone.

Lets say the ref didn't call the hold which was the correct call. KC leaves time for the Eagles to march down the field and score the winning touchdown. Everyone then is screaming why didn't the ref call the hold? Much bigger play was the Hurts fumble that was returned for 7 points and the defense who couldn't get off the field in the second half, had zero sacks, and gave up 38 points. Philly was the first team to have a double digit lead at half and score 35 points to lose a Super Bowl. The holding call is getting way to much attention while the defense is what you should be looking at.

• True 1

29 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

He's just taking responsibility for it  but it was still a bad call. Mike Pereira, a better ref than anyone actually calling the game, even said it was a bad call.

You're misremembering.  Pereira said he thought it was a hold.

"I think you have to see the whole thing.  It seemed to me at the initial break, he grabbed the back of the jersey and pulled it.  If we see that, I think that is a hold."

2 hours ago, johnny said:

bradberry admitting it was a hold really fucked things up. every Eagles fan heading to work today had that penalty excuse locked and loaded until he said that. 

Youre delusional. It was a bad call and they played a terrible second half.There are holds on every nfl play and regardless they would of lost. Niners fans are sooooooooo bitter hahahaha

6 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The refs didn't decide the game last night -- despite what Eagles fans are claiming.

1)  The holding call at the end was legit, even if it was a little weak

2)  The missed holding call on the Eagles on the Chiefs 3rd down in the first half was blatant, and had a huge impact on the final score.

Your another one. My feed is full of non Eagle fans pissed that the refs ruined a classic game. Chiefs would of still won but the nfl needs to get its shit together. 

• True 1