PC Community Thread

stepee

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

My 3080 and 3080 Ti were getting like 70-80fps in FH5 at 4k, and that’s pre-DLSS2. Post DLSS2 I can’t imagine any 4000 series card not pulling 4k 120fps

I think even a 4080 will need dlss3 for 4k w/ dlaa at 120

17 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I guess if you don’t want to enable DLSS because you’re one of those weirdos who thinks it looks blurry it might be good for a 4070 Ti :p 

Yeah I’m saying specifically if you use dlaa instead of dlss because as good as native res/dlss is, the Iq with dlaa is wild!

It’s not needed, just saying it had a use! Not for us though, it’s already 120 with dlaa :P

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Yeah I’m saying specifically if you use dlaa instead of dlss because as good as native res/dlss is, the Iq with dlaa is wild!

It’s not needed, just saying it had a use! Not for us though, it’s already 120 with dlaa :P

DLAA is just DLSS without any upscaling so it’s removing aliasing. The difference of DLSS quality vs DLAA is extremely minimal :p 

3 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The 4070Ti benchmarking video I saw on Youtube was at about 90fps with max settings at 4k.

Why aren’t they just using the benchmark tool…? The 4k DLSS portion looked like it was mostly around 100 except the beginning of that portion.

5 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

DLAA is just DLSS without any upscaling so it’s removing aliasing. The difference of DLSS quality vs DLAA is extremely minimal :p 

Why aren’t they just using the benchmark tool…? The 4k DLSS portion looked like it was mostly around 100 except the beginning of that portion.

I know but it still looks damn good and we liked to flexxxxxx

The 7950x3d kinda feels like a paper launch to me. I haven’t seen any pop up yet. Is it really selling that many? I tried checking every place listed on AMD’s site selling it or builds with it and it was pretty dire. My best chance I guess is to just keep this order and hope I’m first in line whenever shipments come in some day.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

They should just release them all for 1k and let people fight out the stock.

I mean, it's quite obvious that nVidia doesn't care as much as we think about Gaming GPUs. Their bread and butter is enterprise hardware, and automotive. Gaming has become a smaller slice of their profits from what I can gather.

Looks like the path tracing update for Cyberpunk releases on April 11th. @stepee @Mr.Vic20you ready to go back to 40fps? :daydream:

CP2077_Bike_City_Badged-1-672x378.png
BLOGS.NVIDIA.COM

Game developer CD PROJEKT RED today at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco unveiled a technology preview for Cyberpunk 2077 with path tracing, coming April...

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

WD_BLACK 1TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s - WDS100T3X0E

1TB WD Black is 60.00 rn

I actually ordered a 2TB version from my local Best Buy when it was on sale the other week, and it's still been delayed. Hoping to get it soon though. 

So Framework just announced they're making a new 16" Laptop! With the same repairability, and modularity of their current 13" versions. 

And it gets better: 6 of their modular expandability slots, AND modular discreet graphics. 

so much win GIF

EDIT: 

2bcc7cd0-ccc0-42cb-a023-1824f652ea70-fra
WWW.INVERSE.COM

Framework is working on a 16-inch laptop and a bunch of improvements for the existing Framework Laptop 13, including support for AMD Ryzen 7040 series chips.

And it gets better. OPTIONAL NUMPAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swap it in if you wish, or remove it if you don't need it. THEY GAVE US BOTH!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I love numpads on laptops but like 16+ in. Had a 14in HP 2 in 1 that had one and all it did was disorient my typing.

Yeah, with 13-14inch laptops, it makes less sense to include it. Many more of us have sausage fingers, so we don't have any space to spare for hhiitt ourrr fiingerrs-ah fuck., Not aginas! 

Oh, and this is cool: 

Fi6f6Ef59dTzboyikfNuXc-1200-80.jpg
WWW.TOMSHARDWARE.COM

New Intel and AMD laptops will get new hinges and battery options, too.

So at the minimum, the PCI interface to connect the discreet graphics will be PCIe x8 Gen 4, which is great for a laptop in my book. 

Can't believe I'm excited for a laptop, but Apple does very little to excite me about computers, so I have to take what I get. 

4 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Oh, and this is cool: 

Fi6f6Ef59dTzboyikfNuXc-1200-80.jpg
WWW.TOMSHARDWARE.COM

New Intel and AMD laptops will get new hinges and battery options, too.

So at the minimum, the PCI interface to connect the discreet graphics will be PCIe x8 Gen 4, which is great for a laptop in my book. 

Can't believe I'm excited for a laptop, but Apple does very little to excite me about computers, so I have to take what I get. 

Your prefered corporate overlords tell you what you want. Ours are like maybe you will buy this.

• True 1

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

When do you expect it to be ready? When will the 5000 series hit?

5000 series will be like a little over a year and a half from now most likely, sometime fall/winter 24. I’m not sure when the pc will be ready cuz their customer service isn’t great but I’d say delivery within two weeks sounds very likely. Now the question is do I slum it and play RE4 this weekend at 90~ or wait to play it at 120?!*

*this is just a guess of performance based off the demo 

Just now, stepee said:

5000 series will be like a little over a year and a half from now most likely, sometime fall/winter 24. I’m not sure when the pc will be ready cuz their customer service isn’t great but I’d say delivery within two sounds very likely. Now the question is do I slum it and play RE4 this weekend at 90~ or wait to play it at 120?!*

*this is just a guess of performance based off the demo 

So there is a clear difference between 90 and 120?