Rian Johnson’s Poker Face (Peacock)

TheLeon

I've really been enjoying this so far. I feel like it keeps getting better.

The writing is great, really playing around with Charlie's super power. Who knows that she knows when they're lying, what lies the audience knows or doesn't know are lies, what truths or lies misdirect Charlie. Now that it's a few episodes in It's also increasingly toying with the audience's expectation of the episode structure. They play with who will die and how, how Charlie will fit into any given situation, what kind of comeuppance we can expect.

It's just such a fun watch.

• Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Never watched Columbo, was it full of eccentric comedy like the other shows?

No, it was much more strait laced. I think some of the stylistic old timey flair the show has is kind of a nod to it, but mostly in that the format is typically that you first see the murder and then watch to see how Columbo is able to pin it on them, rather than the murderer being a mystery. Also in how personable and friendly Columbo and Charlie both are and Charlie will do an “oh yeah one more thing” sometimes too. 

34 minutes ago, stepee said:

No, it was much more strait laced. I think some of the stylistic old timey flair the show has is kind of a nod to it, but mostly in that the format is typically that you first see the murder and then watch to see how Columbo is able to pin it on them, rather than the murderer being a mystery. Also in how personable and friendly Columbo and Charlie both are and Charlie will do an “oh yeah one more thing” sometimes too. 

"Howcatchem" vs. "whodunnit"

27 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It might have been the best one yet - helps Rian Johnson directed it.

Oh interesting I figured he would direct the last episode of the season not second to last. Makes sense since it was so damn good. Though he didn’t write this one but did write the next one it looks like so either way should still be amazing.

• Halal 1

11 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Last 2 episodes were really great and the whole season was a lot of fun. Really enjoyed the “But I’m a Cheerleader” reunion. 

Just keep making this show forever please. 

Whoa. I totally forgot that was her first movie. I loved that movies gonna have to watch this episode