Chief of US Air Mobility Command issues memo to subordinates telling them to prepare for war with China in 2025

As I've been telling everyone who asks, it's not a matter of "if" but "when" and the time horizon shrinks on a near-daily basis.

230127-f-22A-Raptor-refueling-east-china
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

“I hope I am wrong. My gut tells me will fight in 2025," said Gen. Mike Minihan in a memo sent to the officers he commands and obtained by NBC News.

A four-star Air Force general sent a memo on Friday to the officers he commands that predicts the U.S. will be at war with China in two years and tells them to get ready to prep by firing "a clip" at a target, and "aim for the head."

In the memo sent Friday and obtained by NBC News, Gen. Mike Minihan, head of Air Mobility Command, said, “I hope I am wrong. My gut tells me will fight in 2025.”

Air Mobility Command has nearly 50,000 service members and nearly 500 planes and is responsible for transport and refueling.

Minihan said in the memo that because both Taiwan and the U.S. will have presidential elections in 2024, the U.S. will be “distracted,” and Chinese President Xi Jinping will have an opportunity to move on Taiwan. 

He lays out his goals for preparing, including building “a fortified, ready, integrated, and agile Joint Force Maneuver Team ready to fight and win inside the first island chain.” 

The signed memo is addressed to all air wing commanders in Air Mobility Command and other Air Force operational commanders, and orders them to report all major efforts to prepare for the China fight to Minihan by Feb. 28. 

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Chief of US Air Mobility Command issues memo to subordinates telling them to prepare for war with China in 2025
26 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As I've been telling everyone who asks, it's not a matter of "if" but "when" and the time horizon shrinks on a near-daily basis.

230127-f-22A-Raptor-refueling-east-china
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

“I hope I am wrong. My gut tells me will fight in 2025," said Gen. Mike Minihan in a memo sent to the officers he commands and obtained by NBC News.

I mean, I hate to even ask, but what are the chances that a war between China and the US (presumably over Taiwan) goes nuclear? And by nuclear, I don't mean tactical between naval fleets, I mean targeting cities/sites in China and the US?

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I mean, I hate to even ask, but what are the chances that a war between China and the US (presumably over Taiwan) goes nuclear? And by nuclear, I don't mean tactical between naval fleets, I mean targeting cities/sites in China and the US?

As close to zero as you can possibly get.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

Anti satellite missiles might make modern technology as we know it gone forever.

Universal Century Gundam. Get advance enough your fusion process generates a particle that absorbs radio waves and in enough quantites las comms. Satalites can't be used in the OYW since Zeon MS are weapons designed for visual range engagements and they dominate space until the late war.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

RIP 7th Fleet though! 

When China goes for it, who attacks who first? Does China attack the US Navy or wait for the US to attack the invasion force? 

I'm leaning towards the PLAN attempting to take out our carriers first.

The 7th Fleet will effectively cease to exist at the conclusion of hostilities.

37 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm leaning towards the PLAN attempting to take out our carriers first.

The 7th Fleet will effectively cease to exist at the conclusion of hostilities.

If they either totally whip it out or atleast maul it really well and take Taiwan. That is the end of US hegemony.

OK, for real though...

image.png

1. The Air Force is distancing itself from the statement (as they obviously would). 

2. The General himself is a bloodthirsty pre-vert, based on this and the following line from the China memo:

Minihans' memo also asked airmen with weapons qualifications to empty clips into shooting targets while aiming for the head, saying that "unrepentant lethality matters most"

3. He's a C-130 pilot and the commander of Air Mobility Command... Which now ties it all together. He's maybe ringing the bell to get more funding/support for his end of the military (which would be a big lynchpin in a war in the western Pacific). As evinced by:

He lays out his goals for preparing, including building “a fortified, ready, integrated, and agile Joint Force Maneuver Team ready to fight and win inside the first island chain.” 

• Like 1
  • Halal 2

The amount of hardship from such a war resulting from the disruption of trade throughout the pacific would be far more disruptive than anything our generation has experienced. The world would go into a depression.  I don’t think everyone has wrapped their heads around this. The fact that so much silicon is made in Taiwan will effectively push our tech back and stunt manufacturing. Maybe we should should just stop. Let’s defy the natural tendency of rivals going at it and just walk away but draw a like somewhere else. 

Anyway, hopefully this guy is wrong. I hope China let’s it go. 

I wonder how open the US is to Chinese leadership behind the scenes about US response. Allegedly, the Pentagon communicated quiet openly to the Kremlin (through direct channels) exactly what the US response would be if Russia used a tactical nuclear weapon in Ukraine. I wonder if the US has a similar dialogue with China re: Taiwan. On the one hand you don't want to give away your strategies...but on the other, the US is in a position to do things other countries can't.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I wonder how open the US is to Chinese leadership behind the scenes about US response. Allegedly, the Pentagon communicated quiet openly to the Kremlin (through direct channels) exactly what the US response would be if Russia used a tactical nuclear weapon in Ukraine. I wonder if the US has a similar dialogue with China re: Taiwan. On the one hand you don't want to give away your strategies...but on the other, the US is in a position to do things other countries can't.

Given Chinese missiles forcing the 7th Fleet out and grounding the Air Force (every US Air Base will be cratered), the bulk of the work deleting the PLAN will be by submarines. 

On 1/28/2023 at 6:18 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

As close to zero as you can possibly get.

Exactly whoever wins they will need the losing side to buy their stuff :thinking: I'm still not convinced war is inevitable China is already at war with Covid and losing. Unless they accept our vaccines I don't see how a mobilized force doesn't end up infected and ineffective. 

China would get their asses handed to them and I don’t think they’re as eager for conflict as we are. So as long as we don’t get another dumbass warmonger for president (big if) I don’t see this war happening. The consequences would be catastrophic for the whole world and a lot of money would disappear overnight. It would be an incredibly unpopular conflict.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

What would the point / goal of this conflict be for either side?

For Beijing, removal of an economic/political threat from its sphere of influence in the Western Pacific.

For Washington, removal of an economic/political threat from a region that's vital to the American economy.

32 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

This doesn't seem like it would be anywhere near worth the cost for either side for any reason.

We've been watching Russia learn this lesson for the last year. Neither the US nor China are any smarter at geopolitical calculus than Russia. We're not immune to bad thinking.