Skinamarink - Ultra-Low Budget, Experimental Horror Movie in Theaters Now

TheLeon

59 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I only heard of this recently, but apparently it’s been somewhat “viral” for a while now. The trailer is intriguing, but I don’t know how I would feel about an hour and 40 minutes of that. 

It should have been about 30 mins long. Its an interesting piece of work, its a movie that requires you "vibe" with it . It does feel like those childhood nightmares where everything is done at 1/2 speed and everything is familiar but not familiar at the same time. 

• 3 months later...

Just watched it.  The first half hour or so was really unsettling and unnerving, managing to get me right in the zone for being creeped out.  As the movie goes on though it just loses it over time.  You can’t keep someone on that razor’s edge of tension for 100 minutes if you’re going to sustain the same note that entire time.  As time went on and more things happen it just becomes more monotonous until culminating in an ending that’s just… fine?  It needed something else to add into the mix personally.