Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
legend

Movies Captain Marvel Official Trailer

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Oh come on, you're just copying what someone else said! 

 

Or Kal-El and I have a similar opinion, and I've made the same point before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's also good marketing is that Brie Larson has started a "CaptainMarvelChallenge" where she has started and has encouraged others to start GoFundMe campaigns asking her fans to buy tickets to the movie for underprivaledged kids.

 

 

Oh, wait no, this might actually be a conflict of interests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

What's also good marketing is that Brie Larson has started a "CaptainMarvelChallenge" where she has started and has encouraged others to start GoFundMe campaigns asking her fans to buy tickets to the movie for underprivaledged kids.

 

 

Oh, wait no, this might actually be a conflict of interests. 

 

This is the dumbest complaint ever. You should feel deeply ashamed for having posted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got 3 min into that video before I shut it off to try and find out where that guy lives so I can go punch him in his smug face. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I've heard of that guy a lot because he seems obsessed with Brie Larson and complaining about her and how she doesn't smile enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Brick said:

Of course you would link to that comicsgate, misogynist asshole, of course. 

Other than being comicsgate(everyone should be comicsgate because it's a wonderful thing) prove that he's a mysogynist asshole? And don't repeat what other people have told you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Other than being comicsgate(everyone should be comicsgate because it's a wonderful thing) prove that he's a mysogynist asshole? And don't repeat what other people have told you!!

 

Oh don't repeat what others have told me, like how he clearly told you about the first Captain Marvel being a black woman (which is incorrect) in this video, where he also complains about Brie Larson not smiling enough? 

 

 

You're pathetic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brick said:

 

Oh don't repeat what others have told me, like how he clearly told you about the first Captain Marvel being a black woman (which is incorrect) in this video, where he also complains about Brie Larson not smiling enough? 

 

 

You're pathetic. 

Well, she doesn't smile at all really and it was funny but that doesn't make Ethan Van Sciver a mysoginist, it's just criticism and he's going for humor, something people like you lack.

 

Anyway the first female Captain Marvel was a black woman, Monica Rambeau. She had no connection to Mar-Vell and had her own powers. She was pretty badassed, took no shit from anyone and was even a leader of The Avengers. The history of the character "Captain Marvel" is a confusing one but if you want to know more about it read this: https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-unfortunate-and-obscure-history-of-monica-rambeau-1726108988 Carol Danvers was first a side character "Ms. Marvel" and later turned into Captain Marvel after Rambeau faded away. Rambeau was the first and Marvel should have had the guts to make a movie about her instead of a safe white character. 

 

Originally Carol Danvers was dressed as a big breasted blonde for teenagers to drool over. Then she became more modest and now looks too manly. At least in the movie she looks more fitting as a real super hero which matches all the current MCU characters, but no one really cares about her and I don't think this movie will do well. The comics are not selling and having someone like Brie Larson playing the role is making her character even worse. She's miscast as Brie is very wooden and is only using this movie to further her activsm. It's a movie that doesn't need to be made and none of the trailers make it look interesting in the slightest. Why is there nothing of substance to talk about with these trailers? Because there's nothing of substance about them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

On March 8, who can you trust? Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel is in theaters in three weeks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, SimpleG said:

It made less but was the Top grossing film of the year and 3rd in home video sales,hardly a bomb.

 

No no, you don't understand. It's the same reason why Empire Strikes Back did worse than Star Wars - because bad word of mouth and because it was horrible. OOOOOOOORRRRRR, because sequels almost always do worse than the first movie since by definition you aren't going to pick up people between movies (well I suppose there are some people who will see a sequel without seeing the first one) and you will always lose some. 

 

Some sequels make more money than the first, but it's pretty rare.

 

On 2/6/2019 at 1:49 PM, ALIEN-gunner said:

The only "Sexism" attatched to this move is that the terrible Brie Larson is using it as an activist movement instead of a popcorn flick, which is all it is, but it's looking to be a dull one so why not us it that way. There is no sexism in the real world with movie goers.

 

Odd, because people online seem to be review-bombing this movie already before it comes out, all under the guise of attacking it for having a pro-female message (which some men interpret to mean anti-male).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Review bombing or not, it seems that the box office is looking pretty good.

 

A few days ago Deadline had the tracking right around $100M, and other sources have it as high as the $140-180M range. Only Iron Man and Black Panther have had MCU origin films that opened above $100M (BP was $202M!), and Wonder Woman grossed just over $100M. That could mean a ~$400M domestic take could be doable. It would only need $410M to beat Iron Man 3 and trail only the Avengers films and BP in the MCU sweepstakes.

 

It sure feels to me like Marvel is pushing this one hard and it looks like it will pay off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Review bombing or not, it seems that the box office is looking pretty good.

 

A few days ago Deadline had the tracking right around $100M, and other sources have it as high as the $140-180M range. Only Iron Man and Black Panther have had MCU origin films that opened above $100M (BP was $202M!), and Wonder Woman grossed just over $100M. That could mean a ~$400M domestic take could be doable. It would only need $410M to beat Iron Man 3 and trail only the Avengers films and BP in the MCU sweepstakes.

 

It sure feels to me like Marvel is pushing this one hard and it looks like it will pay off.

 

There was an advertising blitz during the NBA All Star Game. Marvel is definitely pushing this but they seem to be pushing it very strategically... hopefully the trolls won't win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's really no review bombing as those aren't reviews. RT has a function that asks users if they're looking forward to the movie and users are answering with "no" and explaining why mostly because of Brie Larson's recent anti-white male rhetoric. Other reasons I'm sure are that it looks like a boring film(and it does!), that it's uneeded filler with End Game releasing soon after and that few people even know who Captain Marvel is. Captain Marvel comics are tanking, the character has been rebooted about 5 or 6 times within the last 7 years. Marvel doesn't know what to do with her and is for some odd reason banking on her for the MCU but it doesn't look like it's going to do as well as they wanted. Many people think Marvel is trying push her to be their version of Wonder Woman. That movie was fucking amazing and practically everyone loved it. Instead of focusing a film around one of Marvels truly sucessful female heroes they choose one who no one cares about. Fucking stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

that it's uneeded filler with End Game

How do you know this have you seen end game and Captain Marvel?

9 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

few people even know who Captain Marvel is.

This means fuck all, before the MCU the average movie goer would maybe get lucky to name 2 Avengers much less GOTG and yet the movies make a metric fuckton of money.

 

11 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Captain Marvel comics are tanking, the character has been rebooted about 5 or 6 times within the last 7 years.

Once again this means fuck all, almost every major character has tanked and been rebooted ...... Spiderman,Thor,Hulk,The Avengers god only knows how many times,

Lets not forget GOTG

Image result for Guardians of the Galaxy (2008) #1

 

Image result for Guardians of the Galaxy (2013-2015) #1

 

Image result for Guardians of the Galaxy (2015-2017) #1

 

Image result for Guardians of Infinity (2015-2016) #1

 

Image result for ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2017)

 

 

Starting from 2008 till now and some of those runs lasted less then 3 years before being rebooted,cast changes and major overhauls

37 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Marvel doesn't know what to do with her and is for some odd reason banking on her for the MCU but it doesn't look like it's going to do as well as they wanted.

You just pulling this straight from your ass,see @TwinIon post before yours

 

38 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Many people think Marvel is trying push her to be their version of Wonder Woman

And?

 

38 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Instead of focusing a film around one of Marvels truly sucessful female heroes they choose one who no one cares about. Fucking stupid. 

GOTG success proves that line of thinking is wrong

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

How do you know this have you seen end game and Captain Marvel?

This means fuck all, before the MCU the average movie goer would maybe get lucky to name 2 Avengers much less GOTG and yet the movies make a metric fuckton of money.

 

Once again this means fuck all, almost every major character has tanked and been rebooted ...... Spiderman,Thor,Hulk,The Avengers god only knows how many times,

Lets not forget GOTG

Image result for Guardians of the Galaxy (2008) #1

 

Image result for Guardians of the Galaxy (2013-2015) #1

 

Image result for Guardians of the Galaxy (2015-2017) #1

 

Image result for Guardians of Infinity (2015-2016) #1

 

Image result for ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (2017)

 

 

Starting from 2008 till now and some of those runs lasted less then 3 years before being rebooted,cast changes and major overhauls

You just pulling this straight from your ass,see @TwinIon post before yours

 

And?

 

GOTG success proves that line of thinking is wrong

 

Everyone knows who Spiderman is etc. They are pop culture icons. No one knows who Captain Marvel is other than Shazam. She was first a black woman unrelated to Mar-Vell, then faded away and then a white woman related to Mar-Vell. The point is her character is a mess unlike the others who are well known in the comics for years, who've had action figures, been on lunch boxes and breakfast cereals! Even Guardians of the Galaxy are more well known and also have the advantage of being a group of diverse colorful characters set in a fantasy outer space universe. Captain Marvel is this character with a 1 dimentional personality that's supposed to be more powerful then every other Marvel hero ever because... :badass:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kal-El814 said:

giphy.gif

Show me the reviews then smart ass. You can't though because they aren't there. Those sites reporting this are lying for sensationalism narrative purposes. RT has a feature asking users if they are excited to see the movie or not excited. THAT is what the precentages are. Currently there are NO reviews on RT for Captain Marvel. None from pro critics and none from users. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

She was first a black woman unrelated to Mar-Vell, then faded away and then a white woman related to Mar-Vell.

Is this about your wierd ass post about Monica Rambeau?  The 2 are unrelated and have absolutely nothing to do with each other

 

14 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The point is her character is a mess unlike the others who are well known in the comics for years, who've had action figures, been on lunch boxes and breakfast cereals!

None of that came around until after the MCU,you think was an Iron Man cereal that was blasting off the shelves before RDJ took the role, not a chance.

Edit:

 

Unlike the others are you fucking kidding me?

Captain America the Nazi

Doc Oc as Spider Man

Spider Man clone wars

10 different version of the Hulk from brute to bouncer

Marvel Comics is a shit show 

 

 

14 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Even Guardians of the Galaxy are more well known and also have the advantage of being a group of diverse colorful characters set in a fantasy outer space universe

Prior to the film 99% of  movie goers didnt know who they were.

 

14 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Captain Marvel is this character with a 1 dimentional personality that's supposed to be more powerful then every other Marvel hero ever because... :badass:

I do agree with you , Comic CM is wet card board but the MCU and the comics verge so dramatically your comparing apple to oranges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess that Spiderman lunchbox I was carrying around as a kid in in the 70's and that popular action figure line from the 80's that came with those holographic type shields were all just figments of my imagination. Black Spidy suit and Doctor Doom...I thought you were real!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: this thread... nice to know this thread will be an ongoing shit-show like every other one that goes past five pages on this site. Movie is three weeks away and folks ALREADY have their minds made up about it :| But OF COURSE it'e legit criticism of the character and not some bull shit bias and fear that is irrationally felt by man-boys.

For the record, NO ONE including a lot of comic fans knew who the Guardians were before the movie... most folks don't even know that the movie team isn't even the original, classic team.

 

Also Carol Danvers AKA Ms. Marvel AKA Binary AKA Warbird AKA Captain Marvel has been consistently  portrayed as one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe ever since she first went super-saiya... I mean Binary, way back in  X-men 164 from 1982. I know because I actually OWN that comic. She punched Rogue into freaking Orbit. The same Rogue who had a portion of HER strength from permanently absorbing her powers when she was Ms. marvel. Her "power up" isn't some social justice pandering as is being alluded to in this thread but is WHO she's been for going on 30 years. 

 

Her character has grown for years since she was reintroduced and those saying she has"no character" or whatever the fuck don't know what they're talking about.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

:lol: this thread... nice to know this thread will be an ongoing shit-show like every other one that goes past five pages on this site. Movie is three weeks away and folks ALREADY have their minds made up about it :| But OF COURSE it'e legit criticism of the character and not some bull shit bias and fear that is irrationally felt by man-boys.

For the record, NO ONE including a lot of comic fans knew who the Guardians were before the movie... most folks don't even know that the movie team isn't even the original, classic team.

 

Also Carol Danvers AKA Ms. Marvel AKA Binary AKA Warbird AKA Captain Marvel has been consistently  portrayed as one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe ever since she first went super-saiya... I mean Binary, way back in  X-men 164 from 1982. I know because I actually OWN that comic. She punched Rogue into freaking Orbit. The same Rogue who had a portion of HER strength from permanently absorbing her powers when she was Ms. marvel. Her "power up" isn't some social justice pandering as is being alluded to in this thread but is WHO she's been for going on 30 years. 

 

Her character has grown for years since she was reintroduced and those saying she has"no character" or whatever the fuck don't know what they're talking about.  

You should smile more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

I guess that Spiderman lunchbox I was carrying around as a kid in in the 70's and that popular action figure line from the 80's that came with those holographic type shields were all just figments of my imagination. Black Spidy suit and Doctor Doom...I thought you were real!

I am sure the average joe remembers your lunch box from 30+ years, we are not the average population, we are tiny slice of people that enjoy that shit.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Also Carol Danvers AKA Ms. Marvel AKA Binary AKA Warbird AKA Captain Marvel has been consistently  portrayed as one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe ever since she first went super-saiya... I mean Binary, way back in  X-men 164 from 1982. I know because I actually OWN that comic. She punched Rogue into freaking Orbit. The same Rogue who had a portion of HER strength from permanently absorbing her powers when she was Ms. marvel. Her "power up" isn't some social justice pandering as is being alluded to in this thread but is WHO she's been for going on 30 years. 

But Captain Zeitgeist is positive this just pandering to the feminist nazi, surely your wrong and movie is will be a financial disaster  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...